Status: Active.

The Meaning in the Rhyme

Lights will guide you home

“Did you just touch my ass?!” I giggled and shook my head walking away from Jeph.

“Guys maybe we should go ahead and finish this set. Things are getting pretty weird.” Chelsea said laughing. I readjusted my guitar strap, ushering them to keep talking.

“Technical difficulties.” I said laughing nervously. We finished the set with a bang. I was putting my guitar away when Danny K slid down beside me.

“Having problems earlier?” He asked. I bit my bottom lip. I should have replaced the fraying strap months ago. Tonight was the first time it had stopped a show.

“Yeah, my strap is breaking.” I said holding it up to show him. He whistled.

“I have extras for the guys but they have their names on the inside so you’d have to see who loves you enough to give one up.” I threw my arms around his neck.

“You’re a lifesaver!” I jumped up and ran to the door.

“Yeah, I’ll finish putting this away!” Danny yelled laughing.

I climbed over the barrier that separated their bus from the sidewalk. Between concentrating on not cracking my head open on the sidewalk and the revelation after Shane’s kiss and Alex in general I was shaking not from cold but from pure nerves.

“Hey! You can’t do go in there!” The security guard who was supposed to be watching the gate. I flashed my pass to him as soon as I was down. “Oh, sorry, miss!” I nodded and knocked on the door. Jack attacked me with a hug as soon as he saw me.

“Taige! You came to s my d?!” He asked nodding his head excitedly.

“Shut that damn door!” Matt yelled from the top of the stairs.

“No way, Jack. Get up there before Matt eats your face off.” I said pushing him up the stairs. We all joked for a good hour before Evan finally asked the question that had led me here.

“What happened on stage earlier?”

“Oh yeah! So, my strap is breaking and who knows when we’re going to find a store with the right type so Danny said I could have one of your three but I have to see who is willing to give one up due to the fact that they all have your names on the inside. So, who’s willing to help a girl out?”

“You can have one of mine. It’s probably a little stretched but you’re more than welcome to it.” Zack said looking up from the book that was on his lap.

“I’m smaller and more likely to fit!” Jack yelled.

“She likes me more!” Alex said smugly.

“I honestly don’t care who’s it is. I just need one.” I said putting my hands on my hips.

“Here’s a better idea!” Matt removed his New York Yankee’s hat and scribbled down the boys names onto a piece of paper. “Now pick one.” I reached my hand inside and scrambled around for a name. I slowly pulled it out and read it.

“What’s it say?!” Jack asked.

“It says ‘the gay one’?” I asked turning to Matt. He was trying not to laugh in everyone’s face but he was turning red from the strain.

“Matt, you’re a douche.” Jack said taking it from me.

“So, it’s you?”

“Yeah. Matt’s a dick. Come on.” Jack said grabbing a silver sharpie. We walked off the bus and for the first time; Jack was silent.

“Something wrong, Jack-o?” I asked looping my arm through his.

“Sometimes the jokes just get old.” He said quietly.

“Aw. Jack, have you ever said anything?” He shook his head no. “You’ll be okay. They don’t actually mean any of it.” I said standing on my tip toes and kissing his cheek. He blushed and quickly returned to his old self.

Danny was sitting on a chair packing away Jack’s purple guitar when he saw us.

“This doofus is your generous donor?”

“Yes! Jack’s awesome! Don’t be a jerk!” I said glaring at him half heartedly.

“Okay! The bag’s over here.” He opened a black duffle bag and pulled out a roll of straps that were held together with tape that had Jack’s initials on it.

“Here ya go.” Jack took the strap and flipped it over where indeed Jack Barakat was written in white, large letters. He sat down on the floor to hide what he was writing.

“I feel like this can go nowhere good.” I muttered looking at the ceiling. Jack finally looked up, beaming.

“This is yours.” He said handing it to me. I slowly took it from him.

“I am Jack Barakat’s groupie?! Jack, I can’t wear this on stage!”

“Sure you can! Let’s see how it fits!” Danny said grabbing my case. I slipped the strap over my head and let Danny fix it. Jack had made sure his handy work was visible after demanding we turn it inside out.

“It looks good.” Danny said surveying his work.

“And it fits!” Jack said capping the marker and standing up.

“I forgot how good a sturdy strap felt.” I said smiling and spinning a little.

“She’s so giddy! That’s too cute.”

“Shut your damn mouth, Danny!” I handed him the guitar back. “Thanks a lot you guys. I’d be fucked if you guys weren’t around.” I said hugging them both.

“We should go get dinner.” Jack said smirking down at me. Who was I to deny that smirk?

“So, what’s with Chelsea? I can’t quite figure her out.” Jack said settling down into a booth. I shrugged.

“I’m not sure she knows what is going on. We haven’t really had a lot of time to talk. There’s something happening between her and Marshall but like I said we haven’t talked. We’re in a van with other dudes. It can get awkward, bro.” He laughed.

“Girls are complicated.” He whined.

“Aw. But, I’d rather be complicated than ridiculously simple.”

“What are you saying, girl?!”

“I’m saying boys are easy.” I said sticking my tongue out at him.

“Yeah, I’m pretty easy. These pants are open to you anytime!” I laughed so hard that tears were brought to my eyes.

“I’ll keep that in mind, baby.” I said looking back at the menu. Oh god. That offer….
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfits

ITS 2010. Shit.