Status: Active.

The Meaning in the Rhyme

I'm the fire you can't blow out

“Does anyone know where we’re suppose to meet Matt?” Chelsea asked worriedly searching the crowd for any familiar face. I opened my phone and speed dialed his number before pressing it to my ear.

“Yo?”

“Uhm…Hey Matt. We’re at the airport. Are you here?” I asked nervously biting my nails. A bad habit I’d meant to break before tour. Andrew smacked at my hand.

“Yeah. We just walked through the door. Head over to the Starbucks and we’ll meet you there.” He said hanging up. I stared at them wide eyed.

“What?!” Jeph asked.

“He said we.” I muttered. Everyone stared obviously not hearing. “He said we.” I said louder. Chelsea’s eyes widened with surprise.

“Fuck.”

“Yeah. I know. We’re suppose to go to Starbucks and wait.” I said a greedy smile replacing the distressed frown.

“Great. Matt just made a huge mistake.” Andrew muttered lugging his bag towards the shop.

“It’s not that bad! I swear I won’t act like last time!” They all threw me a disbelieving look and led us to a table in the back.

They were right. It was as bad as last time. I had downed the 20 oz mocha latte within five minutes of receiving it. Was shaking after three. Speed talking within five minutes.

“Taige, calm down!” Chelsea whispered peering around me to the doorway. I was jostling my foot under the table and staring around wide eyed. Andrews hand was on my shoulder attempting to hold me still.

“This was a bad idea.” Jeph whispered harshly. I smiled at him and stared out the window.

“There they are!” I yelled pointing out the window. Rian waved through the glass. Matt walked over to the table and greeted each of us.

“Did she tell you everything that she knows?” They all nodded trying to avoid me speaking. Alex’s eyes were moving from Andrew’s hand to my face.

“Is she going to fly if you move your hand man?” Alex finally questioned.

“It’s quite a possibility.” Jeph muttered.

“No. I’m hyper. Coffee. They say it was a bad idea. Their all really mad at me right now but how can you angry around you guys?! Ya’ll own more than…more than Peter Pan and Spongebob combined.” Chelsea was shaking her head.

“Wow. She got that out really fast.” Rian said smiling his piano key teeth smile.

“So, as a rule no coffee for Taige?” Matt asked smiling. I stuck my tongue out at him and grabbed my bag off the floor.

“Saxon can’t make it until Monday.” I said curtly following Alex and Rian who were walking ahead of us. The others quickly joined. Matt at the back. His phone pressed to his ear. Chelsea was soon by my side.

“I wonder where Jack and Zack are.” She said quietly. I shrugged. The former caffeine rush was destroying me on the crash.

“Zack’s working out and Jack’s doing whatever Jack does with his free time.” She laughed and dug through her bag for her phone.

“Hey! Taige, where are we staying?” Jeph yelled. I shrugged.

“What do you mean you don’t know?!” I turned to him and walked backwards.

“It means exactly what it sounds like. I don’t know. I’m not tour manager.”

“You and Saxon are connected at the hip though!”

“We’re twins. Yeah. We kind of do that thing. What’s that matter though?” The group stopped. Jeph made his way to the front of the pack. I sighed and stared at the chip polish on my nails.

“So we’re in California and we don’t know where we’re staying?” Matt joined us.

“What’s the matter?” He questioned sensing the tension in the group.

“She didn’t set a place up for us to stay.” Jet lag, caffeine crash, and his bitching was wearing at my nerves. I yawned and lowered my bag the weight of it making me slouch.

“Me and Saxon discussed that. You’re staying with us. Huge band house. We have more than enough room.” I made a face at him and pushed through the others and out the door and leaned against the column outside in the near stifling heat despite it being a blistery October back home. They led us to a van that looked ancient.

Jack and Zack were nowhere in sight when we arrived. After being pointed in the direction of two rooms that we were allowed to use we were left on our on. I dropped my bag at the foot of my bed, changed, and collapsed within seconds. Chelsea doing the same. My dreams were filled with possibilities. Possibilities I was willing to work for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my gosh guys! I'm so sorry its taken me so long to update. I recently started school again and its been a little hectic getting into the swing of things. I was sitting in Marketing today and it hit me super hard that this of all things needed to be updated immediatley so yay!! Comments would be lovely. Critiscim is always welcome. Subscribe and i'll love you forever!!
Taige's outfits
Chelsea's outfit

Title cred- The Right Coast