Status: Active.

The Meaning in the Rhyme

We're gonna make this count

I awoke with a start. The house was completely silent and the bed beside mine was empty. I sighed and laid back on my pillow. There was a soft knock on the door. Jeph was standing in loose black shorts and a timid smile on his pierced lips.

“Hi Taige.”

“Sup Jepha?” I asked patting the end of the bed. He sighed and sat down, turning to me.

“Sorry I was a jerk earlier.”
“Sorry I was stupid earlier.” I said quietly looking at the black comforter.

“You weren’t stupid you were you.” He said shrugging. “I know that you’re the more outgoing one of us all and that’s okay. You and Andrew can act like fools. Sometimes even Chelsea. I’m just having troubling adjusting to all this though.” He said playing with the thick black band around his wrist.

“You actually kept Jac Vanek’s piece of shit bracelet?” I asked thinking of the wrist band that had our name on it and hers on the other side. It wasn’t a good look. He held his wrist up. It read “Livelavalive” instead. I sighed.

“Mitchell.” I smiled and rolled my eyes.

“Where’s everyone else at?”

“Pool outback. You know its two in the afternoon right?”

“Like next day two in the afternoon?” He nodded, smirking. I groaned and swung my legs off the bed. I sat there a second staring at the tan carpet.

“What?”

“I’m trying to decide whether I should shower or just throw on my swim suit and swim.” I said running my fingers through my hair.

“Just get in!” He said ruffling my hair and walking out. I sighed and grabbed my bag and went into the bathroom.

.>> Outside.

I stepped onto the bright deck. They were all too busy splashing around to notice. I lowered my sunglasses and attempted to make it over to a deck chair. Arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me up. I squealed and squirmed in their arms.

“Taige! Stop it!” Andrew yelled tickling my sides. I giggled and looked at the blue water as we got closer.

“Don’t Andrew.” I warned.

“Why not? Isn’t that why you came down here?”

“No. Jeph said I had too. And I still have my sunglasses on! Andrew don’t!” I yelled clutching onto him tighter. He removed the new shades off my head and dropped them on a near by chair. I didn’t realize what had happened until I was submerged under the water. He’d jumped. I gasped and fought my way to the top. Everyone was laughing as we sputtered and clutched onto each other. He’d misgauged which end we’d be on and had ended up submerging us into eight feet of water.

“Sorry!” I glared at him and swam over to the wall and pulled myself onto it. Kara and Chelsea both shook their heads at the seven gasping men who couldn’t stop their laughter. It wasn’t even that funny.

“You okay?” Kara asked. I nodded.

“I just woke up ten minutes ago. Bit of a shock.” Andrew’s eyes widened and he swam over laying his wet head on my lap.

“I didn’t know. I’m sorry! Lo siento!” I laughed and pushed his head under. He came back up and pouted. I slid back into the pool and climbed onto his back.

“Swim horsy!” He laughed and swam over to the group that was in a circle splashing each other.

“Is he your bitch now?” Alex asked. I nodded and patted Andrews head.

“Hi Jack. Hey Zack!” I waved to them both.

“Chick with cool guitar! Hi!” Jack waved excitedly. I raised my eyebrows. Chick with cool guitar?

“Taige, right?” Zack asked pushing Alex away who was trying to push Zack head under.

“Yep. Or chick with cool guitar. Pick one.” Jack stuck out his tongue at me and chucked a purple rubber duck at Matt’s unsuspecting head. This turned into a full out brawl of water fighting. I rolled my eyes and got out wrapping up in a green towel and sitting in a empty deck chair. Everything soon died down and they each got out one by one jostling each other around.

“I found these pimp sunglasses. I think I look fabulous in them!” Jack said modeling my sunglasses. His hands on his hips and his ass swaying in the striped swim trunks he wore. We giggled and watched him try them on in several different directions until Alex pushed him in the pool. I shook my head and looked over at Chelsea who was busy flirting with Zack.

“Lonely?” Rian asked offering me a bottle of water.

“Nah. Bored.” I said unscrewing the top off the bottle.

“Bored? With those two around?”

“I have two of my own Alex and Jack. They’re nothing compared to those two sometimes.” I said pointing to a very worn out Jeph and Andrew.

“Yeah we had our experience with them last night.” He said rolling his eyes. I laughed. Kara called his name and waved him over. I smiled and pointed to her.

“You’re being summoned bitch.”

“Thanks hoe.” I scrunched up my face and kicked at him. He laughed and ran over to his beautiful girlfriend. Jack, soaking wet laid across my lap.

“Hi?”

“I need a towel.” He whined and pouted up at me. The urge to say “aww” was nearly over powering.

“Go get one then! I’m not a towel!”

“But you have one! Wait….that is my towel!” He said pointing to the green towel I was leaning against.

“But its comfortable!” He sighed and started poking the side of my leg. Chelsea was staring at his upside down form. I shrugged. Friday Night Boys started playing from a speaker that was mounted on the wall. She rolled her eyes and turned back to Zack.

“Jack, what are you doing man?” Alex asked walking outside.

“Claiming her as my bitch.” I opened my mouth to protest but Alex beat me to it.

“No! I wanted her to be my bitch!”

“I’m no ones bitch!” I whined.

“Uh huh! Your mine.” Jack said licking my face and jumping into the pool. I scrubbed at my face and leaned my head back. The sun warmed my face and for once I was relaxed. Carefree for just a little while.
♠ ♠ ♠
The bathing suits in the outfits in the last chapter make hella more sense now. :D
Besides ya'll deserve it!!

Title cred- Every Avenue