Bring Me Happiness

2/25

The clock ticked as the two elders stood before the Kazakage.

“You need a wife Kazakage-sama, I know you don't want one but we will still make you!” Chiyo spoke. Gaara looked at her annoyed as he sat at his desk, he twirled his chair to face his village, “You need to forget about that other girl that has left you hurt and broken...”

“I won't forget about her..!!” Gaara growled as he turned to face her again. The other elder sighed, “Old people like you wouldn't know what I'm thinking...”

“Listen here boy, I was once in love as well but you must know that love isn't everything in this world! Keeping peace in the village is, so that is why I had to leave the girl I loved to become an elder to this village..” The old man spoke. Gaara's eyes burned holes into theirs, “If you don't have a wife, how are the people suppose to look up to you as a role model?”

“A role model?” Gaara asked as he raised his eyebrow.

“You need a wife to show the people that you are capable of loving. If a man can't take care of his wife how is he supposed to take care of a village?” Chiyo explained.

“I don't need one. I am capable of handling the village on my own...”Gaara replied.

“Handling? That's your problem! You can't handle a village, you weren't able to handle the girl you loved from dying!”Chiyo responded.

Gaara's eyes pierced hers as sand began to move around her feet, “Don't you ever mention her again!”

“You can't even control your anger!” The old man stated. Gaara's sand suddenly stopped and returned.

“You may pick a bride out of the ones we have chosen for you,” Chiyo informed him.

“No...”Gaara said as he stared back at the village, “Let me choose my bride...”

“But we have chosen young girls that come from good families and are use to the attention as well as knowing how to behave-”They both told the Kazakage.

“A doll?”He asked them, “You both have chosen girls that are just beautiful, know how to receive orders, girls that know their place in society...girls that are good for nothing else but staring at....”

“Well, yes, we thought that would be best for you...”The elders replied.

“I will agree to this marriage only if I am able to pick out my bride...”Gaara finally said.

“But we-”The old man began but Chiyo interrupted him, “Let him chose, I want to see what kind of girl he is willing to chose...”

“Now if that is it, please step out of my office and bring Kankuro in” He ordered.

In a few minutes, His brother stood before the Kazekage, “Did you need me?”

“I need you to find a girl for me...someone who isn't from a rich family and not from a poor family either....a girl who isn't beautiful but isn't ugly...someone who isn't a female ninja and is single,” Gaara described to Kankuro.

“Uh, an average type of girl, got it but can I ask why?”He questioned as he looked at his younger brother confused.

“I am going to be marrying the girl you bring me...”The Kazakage replied.