Bring Me Happiness

7/25

Ren's fingers crumbled into a fist as she held in her tears.

“Marriage is an alliance....” Gaara whispered as he extended his hand out to her, “After I win the love from the villagers then I won't be needing you anymore....Ren Hisaya.”

“For you my dear sister, I am going to be marrying this type of man today...” She whispered with a trembling voice,“I thought he was different.....but I guess I was wrong...”

“Miss Ren,” asked a maid as she knocked on the door, “It's time for you to get ready...”

“Yes, come in” Ren responded as she wiped away the small tears that escaped her blue eyes.

“My Lady, why are you sad?” asked the servant as she walked inside Ren's room.

“What? This? It's nothing, I just yawned....don't worry about it” Ren lied as she gave her small smile.Her maid then began to get her dressed in a white flowered kimono, with a yellow dangling chop stick that held her hair in a curled bun and a pure white hat that every bride must wear as a headpiece. Ren's blonde hair and light complexion made the kimono look even more beautiful.

“There, you look wonderful” smiled her servant,”Look at yourself..”

Ren looked into her mirror, and smiled gently,“Who knew...that I would one day be able to wear something so pretty...”

“You must be so happy! Getting married today!” The servant exclaimed cheerfully. Ren's eyes got watery but she made sure they didn't leek through.

“You...do you think it's okay to marry someone you know nothing about?” Ren asked hesitant. Her maid looked surprised but smiled quickly, “Ah! I forgot to put lip stain on you!”

Ren felt a heavy weigh in her heart as her servant smudged her lips with a cherry tint.

“You know....even if you don't love that someone right now...you'll learn to love....”She finally replied as she made the finishing touches on her make-up. Ren looked at her, thinking if what she had said would ever be possible.

“We need to hurry, Lady Temari is waiting..”The maid spoke with haste, “She wants you pick out a dress to change to during the wedding's dinner...”

“Wait, about the sun-” Ren began but the maid smiled cheerfully again and handed her a white umbrella made out of pure silk.

“Look at you, all matching and pretty! Now, please follow me Miss Ren..” The maid spoke.

Ren nodded as she followed the maid across the hallway to outside, leading her to the pathway towards where Temari was waiting.

“Just this way, My Lady, please be careful with your step..”The maid warned.

A breeze flew over Ren, and for some reason it filled her state of mind with peace.

“My Lady!!” her maid called out with a scream.

“What's going on?” Ren shouted as she removed her umbrella that blocked her sky.

“Let go of me! My Lady! Don't you dare touch her!!” yelled her maid. Ren took a step back as a group of shinobi held her fighting servant.

“Please stop!” Ren shouted as she tried to help her maid by pulling on the shinobi.

“Grab her, quick!” ordered a young man before he disappeared. Suddenly, Ren's face was covered with a sack and her body was tied up.

“Miss Ren!!!” screamed out her servant frighten as she watched the Kage's bride be taken away.

“Let go of me!! Don't touch me! Release me!!” Ren squirmed as she yelled out.

“Aggh! You never shut up!” yelled the same boy as her body was dropped onto the ground.

“Ow!” Ren complained.

“Careful, I want her alive!” he shouted.

“She's not going to die if I dropped her!” complained another voice.

“What do you want from me?” Ren shouted, “Scumbags! Release me!”

“Hey, we aren't the ones with a bag over our head...”muttered a female voice.

“Tell me what you want!” Ren growled.

“Well, there are a lot of things I want in this world...”replied the young man as he roughly removed the sack from her face,“But it's not like you can hand me the world...”

“Who are you?” Ren asked with a glare.

“Who do you think you are, talking to Sasuke that way!” shouted the female voice.

“Karin!” scolded the guy in front of her.

“What do you want from me?” Ren asked again.

“Your in no position to be asking questions..”Sasuke spoke, “I'll be the only one asking here.!!”

“If it's money you want, I can assure you I have none!” Ren replied.

“It's not from you I want....it's from the Kazekage...”He answered.

“Gaara-sama?” Ren asked surprised.

“Why are you shocked? You think he kidnapped you for his entertainment?” Karin asked annoyed.

“Geez! Shut up freak! Let me enjoy her face for a while, would ya?” asked a pale guy with sharp teeth.

“Your calling me a freak?” Karin yelled insulted.

“Enough, you two, Sasuke is trying to get something done unlike you two...” sighed another guy with orange hair.

“Where is he?” Sasuke asked as he glared down at her.

“How would I know?” Ren scoffed. Sasuke tsked and grabbed her by the neck.

“Still don't know?”

“I don't! I swear!” Ren gasped scared as he continued to choke her.

“That's not the answer I was looking for!” He yelled angry.

“I don't know anything! Please let me go! Please!” She begged as tears began to gush out her eyes.

“Are you lying to me?”He asked as he shook her.

“No, I'm not! Please, let me go!”Ren sobbed.

“She's useless, Sasuke...”Karin commented as she glared at her.

“Not completely...”Sasuke muttered as he let go of her neck,“Well use her to bring him out..”

“Why?” Ren coughed, “What do you want him for?”

“You don't need to know...”Sasuke responded as he motioned for the orange haired guy to stand Ren up,“We will present his bride in front of his people, and if he doesn't show up...”

“I'm sorry about this. We ruined your wedding..”whispered the young man that was helping her.

“And if he doesn't show up, what?”Ren asked.

“Then, you die.”

“Stand!” ordered Sasuke he grabbed Ren roughly and pulled her. Ren gritted her teeth as she tired to break free from not only his grasp but from the tight rope that bound her.

“You jerk! Let me go!” She shouted with a glare.

“Shut up!” he yelled annoyed, “Suigetsu, tape her mouth or something! She's going to give our spot away!”

“Tsk. Just had to be a loud mouth, didn't you?” Suigetsu sighed as he performed hand techniques and sealed her mouth shut.

“Mmmmm!!” Ren mumbled loudly, “Hmmm! Mmmhh!!”

“If you don't shut up, I'll beat the shit out of you!” shouted Karin.

“Will you shut up too? Didn't Sasuke just say something about not giving our spot away?” questioned Suigetsu agitated.

“You two...!!!” Sasuke grumbled, “Tell the gate guards that we have something the Kage wants...”

Ren's body collapsed from all the walking, tugging the Uchiha. The humid air blew a small gentle breeze that lifted the sand up and then down again.

“Get up! Stand!” Sasuke spoke in a spark tone. Ren looked up at him, the sun casted a dark shadow over him, and the tears returned again. Sasuke pulled her up in a sitting position, bending down next to her.

“You..-”

“Sasuke! They said that the Kazekage isn't going to waste his time coming..!”informed Karin as she appeared before him. Sasuke gave a slight confused look but quickly regained his cold stare as he stood in front of her.

“He'll come. I told them that we have his bride...I know he'll definitely come...”Suigetsu stated suddenly making his appearance.

“He wants us to wait?” asked Jugo confused.

“That asshole..!! Does he want her dead?” Sasuke growled as he unleashed his sword.

Ren's scream muffed and her eyes shut tight.

“Release her.” echoed a loud cool voice.

They all turned to see Gaara standing in front of them.

“So you came...”Sasuke started with a smirk. Ren opened her eyes and more tears made way.

“What do you want?” the Kage asked.

“This person...is she special to you?” The Uchiha questioned as he abusively pulled her up beside him.

“I asked you before. What do you want?” Gaara stated annoyed, staring him down.

“Give me your support for my invasion in Konoha...” Sasuke simply stated.

“What did you just say?” He asked surprised.

“You no longer possess the tail beast....but you are the Kazekage after all, you have a nice power source in your village...”Sasuke spoke as he glared back at him, “Promise me that you will assist me in my invasion and I will return your bride.”

“You-!!..” Gaara growled, “You must be crazy to think that a single person is worth a thousand lives!”

“Then,” Sasuke replied as he placed his blade on Ren's neck, “You are okay with me taking her life?”

“Do what you want but I won't do as you ask!” Gaara replied angry.

“Mmmhhhhmm!” Ren shouted in tears as her blurry eyes landed on him.

“You won't?” Sasuke asked furious, “I killed my own brother, you think I won't be able to kill this girl too?”

“Like I said. I won't help you in anyway.” Gaara answered meeting Ren's eyes with a cold stare.

“Mmmmmm!” Ren desperately shouted as Sasuke gripped her by her hair and swung his sword with his other hand.

“Ahhhh!!” Ren screamed terrorized. Suddenly, a huge dust of sand filled the air while her body hit the ground.

“Fine. I'll assist you. Just let her go!” Gaara firmly ordered.

“I'll come again....so don't you dare go back on your word!” Sasuke warned as he pulled Ren up, she was then released from the rope. Ren couldn't stop herself from shivering and so Sasuke pulled her close enough to whisper in her ear, “You're not worth killing...your not valuable enough to him...”