Bring Me Happiness

8/25

The sand around her rose and fell again. Swiftly, the tiny gains twirled as if they were dancing. Ren's puffed eyes lifted up to watch Gaara's dull expression.

The thoughts that filled her head raced like a whirlwind tossing inside of her.

Sasuke tightly held each thread of blonde strings that were attached into her skull as he swung his sharp blade towards her neck.

The wind gusted the sand into the air, and the sealing jutsu was released.

Ren's screaming voice filled the echoing area. Sasuke's hand slipped her down, having Ren hit the ground.

“-Fine. I'll assist you. Just let her go!” Gaara firmly ordered as the sandy fog cleared up.

“I'll come again....so don't you dare go back on your word!” Sasuke warned as he pulled Ren up, she was then released from the rope. Ren couldn't stop herself from shivering and so Sasuke pulled her close enough to whisper in her ear, “You're not worth killing...your not valuable enough to him...”

His grip loosened and with that, he was no longer there. Ren's eyes rolled up and her body smacked hard against the ground as she lost conscious.

Ren could feel somebody's back pressed against her own body as she twitched her eyes opened.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" growled the angry Kage as he flashed his frowning face at her.

The burning sun shined on them and he quickly put her down. The sizzling heat, enabled Ren to reply. She stood quiet, staring in wonder as the tears formed around her eyes.

"What were you thinking!!?” Gaara yelled as his fist shook beside him.

"What?" Ren asked distantly almost as if she was regaining her voice.

"How could you let yourself be captured like that?" He demanded, "Do you have any idea how much you've put the village in danger?"

"But, this...this wasn't my fault...!" Ren choked her tears back.

"What did they have you do? Did you give them information about the village?!" He questioned.

Ren's breathed heaved and she fell back.

"Did you say anything at all-?" Gaara stopped and quickly leaned over towards her,
"Hey!"

Ren hit the sand and fainted.

"Your not worth killing...you’re not valuable enough to him...but your more than valuable to me..."

Ren's fingers filched as her body shot up from her pounding heart.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling?" asked a familiar voice. Ren turned to face her, "Are you in any pain?"

"Temari?"

"Don't move so much!" She warned as she gently pushed Ren down onto her bed.

"You hit your head pretty bad..." spoke another voice.

'Luckily, Sakura-san had healed you...' Temari introduce the pink haired female ninja.

"I am on a mission with Naruto, and Gaara-san requested me to see you so...." Sakura smiled.

"Ren, what happened? Gaara isn't telling me anything!" Temari asked concerned.

Ren looked distantly, not knowing how to start.

"Maybe you should give her some time. I mean, she barely woke up and she might need more rest..." Sakura suggested.

"Yeah, you right, sorry Ren!" Temari smiled as she patted Ren's head,” Hope you feel better soon!"

"We'll leave you to rest" Sakura added as they both left Ren's room.

Ren sat up again as she touched her pulsing head, "Ouch...”

"I guess I hit my head when I fainted..."

Voices and distant noises could be heard from down the hall.

Give me your support for my invasion in Konaha...

Ren's eyes widen as she remembered Garra's agreement.

"I have to tell Temari! How am I supposed to stop him? If Gaara helps in that guy's invasion, then Gaara will be treated as a criminal!!" Ren concluded as she threw the sheet off herself.

"I can't let that happen!" She groaned as she touched her head, “I have to say something!"

Ren opened the door and made her way towards the Kazekage's office, distinguishing Temari's voice among many.

"Ren! What's wrong? I thought we told you to rest!" Temari exclaimed surprised.

“Is there something wrong?” Sakura asked worried as she ran to Ren’s side and held her by placing her arm around her shoulder.

"I know, but I needed to let you know about someth-" Ren began but was cut off immediately.

“You have nothing to discuss that isn’t yours to tell,“ Gaara spoke firmly.

“Wait, what? Gaara let her speak!” Temari said as she looked over to her brother.

“It’s about-” Ren began again but this time sand covered her entire body.

“Ah!!” Sakura squealed as she fell to the floor and stared at the covered body.

“Gaara!” Temari screamed angry.

“I warned you not to speak…” Gaara growled.

“Let go of her, your crazy!!” Temari shouted.

“Gaara-san! If you don’t let her go, she could die! Your crushing her, more then she already is!!” Sakura yelled towards the Kazekage.

“Release her, Gaara!!” Temari screamed.

Shifting his eyes away, he did as he was told.

“Ahh!” Ren cried as she fell beside Sakura who quickly held her.

“It’s okay, come on, I have to take you back…” Sakura whispered as she carried her back down to her room.

“Gaara! What’s wrong with you lately! She’s your bride, how can you do something like that to her?” Temari yelled at her brother. Gaara ignored her as he glanced out the clear wall windows in his office.

“I do it all for my village…” He mumbled.

Temari slowly shook her head, “I’m worried about you..”

“Doesn’t she resemble her, Temari?” Gaara whispered.

“What?” She asked confused.

“Ren….doesn’t she look just like Shori?” He mumbled, “It drives me insane…the thought of them both looking so alike, it’s like she is taunting me…”

Temari scoffed, “Get a hold of yourself, your falling apart!”

“You two are getting married tomorrow no matter what!”