Status: It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Cross My Heart and Hope to Die

Chappy Twelve

I was sitting in the living room with Leila eating Spaghettio’s and watching Spongebob.

“Mommy!” Leila yelled at me smiling, “Look!” she pointed to her shirt, “can we watch Spiderman please?”

“Of course baby girl,” I said getting up and walking to the DVD collection looking like a nerd in all my Mario-ness.

“Sis!” I heard Monte yell from upstairs.

I got up from the DVD collect to walk up there but Leila stopped me, “No mommy I got it. You get the movie ready.” she said before running up the stairs.

I grabbed to movie and put it in for Leila and I before I was tackled to the ground by Craig.

“Hello?” I said laughing.

“Hi you look gorgeous in your nerd pajamas,” he said smiling.

“Thank you?” I said leaning up a bit to kiss Craig.

“Mommy!” Leila screamed.

“Leila!” I screamed back while falling to the ground.

“Uncle Monte said come here now!” she said pointing to the ground at now.

I wiggled out from under Craig and followed Leila up the stairs, “What does he want?” I asked as we got to the room.

“You want to do you brother a favor?” he asked as I sat on his bed.

“What would that be?” I asked being concerned.

“Make dinner tonight because I am being lazy today and I kind of don’t feel like it. I feel sick,” he said shrugging.

“Lazy,” I whispered, “What do you want for dinner?” I asked standing up.

“Whatever you want,” he smiled.

“Do I have to start now?” I asked whining.

“Yeah you do it’s like five and Max will flip you know that.”

“Dammit,” I said walking out of his room.

I walked down the stairs to the kitchen with Leila at my side, “You want to play chef?” I asked getting down at her level.

“Yes Mommy!” she said jumping up and down.

“Okay go into the pantry and get the tube looking noodles,” I said point to the pantry.

“Okay Mommy,” she said before running to the pantry.

As she did that I looked under the stove fore the big pot and filled it with water. Then I put it to boil.

She handed me the noodles, “What now mommy?” she said putting her hand on her hips.

“Get a bowl of water and the cream of spinach from the freezer.”

I poured the noodles in the pot as she did that. After the noodles got done I strained them and put the spinach that was in the bowl of water in the microwave to thaw it out. When they were done I mixed it all together in a skillet with butter, pepper flakes and garlic salt for flavor.

Leila and I put it on plates then set the table as Max and a new girl on his arm walked in the door.

“Great,” I said yanking another plate our of the cabinet, Causing another one to fall out and hit the floor.

“Smooth Ali,” Max said laughing at me.

“Yeah,” I said grabbing the broom and dustpan, “Leila stay back I don’t want you to get hurt,” I finished before cleaning it up.

I threw the glass or whatever it was away before introducing myself to Max’s lady, “I’m Ali,” I said going to shake her hand as she threw up her nose at me.

“I’m Alice, and don’t touch me,” she said walking into the kitchen to see what I had made and picking up a noodle, “These aren’t cooked enough they are still chewy,” she said spitting it out in her hand.

“They are supposed to be like that,” I said smiling “I cooked them al dente.”

“Do you know anything about cooking?”

“Yes I do actually. I do not like noodles that easily slide down your throat. Neither does anyone else in this family.”

“Taste like wormies,” Leila said sticking her tongue out.

“Awh is this your little girl?” she asked getting to Leila’s level.

“That’s my mommy,” she said pointing up to me.

“Really now you didn’t tell me your sister was a whore,” She said looking up at Max.

“I forgot.” he said shrugging.

“I can’t believe you,” I said starting to cry, throwing the plate on the floor and running up the stairs to my room.

“Max you are a Dickface!” I heard Leila yell.

I threw the blanket’s over my head and began to cry.

“Leila Why are you saying that?” I heard Craig say, then silence till a door slam.

I walked out of the room to see Max and his girl standing there, “Where is Craig and Leila?!” I screamed.

“They left,” Max said looking up at me before wiping his nose.

“Let me see your hand,” I said walking down the stairs and grabbing it. It was clean of any smell or anything, his nose was clean of cocaine, “open your mouth,” I smelled it no alcohol.

I reached in his back pockets, nothing. Front pockets, I pulled out a little ziplock bag of cocaine, “Really Max?”

I said before putting it in my pocket and walking up the stairs, “Give it back!” he yelled.

“No!” I screamed as he ran after me tackling me onto the hardwood floor.

“Give it to me now!” he said as I clenched my fisted tighter.

“No!” I screamed in his face as he roughly put my wrist above my head pinning them down trying to worm the cocaine out of my hands.

“Give it,” he said and the look on his face I have only seen twice, when dad used to get drunk and Ronnie.

“Get off of me,” I said beginning to cry.

God dammit where is Monte? He toke sleeping meds because he felt sick. Robert is with his mother, this sucks.

“Craig!” I screamed.

“I told you he left,” he said holing my wrists still.

With the one free hand he pinned my waist down, “Ow, Max, Stop!” I screamed.

“Then give it to me!” he said getting his face really close.

“Fine!” I screamed unclenching my fist.

“Good girl,” he said before slapping me really hard in my face causing me to cry more.

“Fuck you asshole,” I screamed as I got up and he was down the stairs.

He sprinted up the stairs after me as I ran to my room and locked to door behind me, “What did you say you little bitch?!” he said screaming while kicking and pounding on the door.

“Get the fuck away from me!” I screamed crawling in to the top corner of my bed.

“You stupid whore open the door now!” I inched close to the to seeing as he had stopped and then right when I unlocked the door he swung it open.

I am so stupid I thought while running into the bathroom but before I got to the door I got yanked to the ground by my hair. Then everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ali-http://www.polyvore.com/alis_sleep_wear/set?id=16078209
Leila-http://www.polyvore.com/breakfast_with_mommy/set?id=16078543