Status: It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Cross My Heart and Hope to Die

Chappy Fourteen

**Craig**

Leila was running around on the playground while I was sitting on the park bench watching her.

“Daddy, can we go get mommy?” she asked running up to me.

“Not yet, she will call me when Uncle Max is okay,” I said taking her hand and walking her to the swings, “Just remember mommy is a strong person.”

“Mommy is very strong!” Leila said trying to flex her tiny muscles.

“Yes she is,” I said as we got up to the swings and I set her on them pushing her back and forth, “That’s why I love her so much,” I said smiling, “And I would kill anybody who would hurt her or you.”

“Mommy love you too daddy,” she said looking back at me and smiling.

“I know she does Leila,” I said smiling as she jumped out of the swing landing on her feet.

“Cause you're the apple to my pie, You're the straw to my berry, You're the smoke to my high, And you're the one I wanna marry”

“Yes?” I said picking up my phone.

“Craig, you need to meet me, well Chelsea, at the hospital,” I heard Monte saying.

“What are you doing with Ali’s phone?” I asked

“Don’t ask questions just get here, or there?” he said before hanging up.

“Leila, you want to go see mommy?” I said picking her up and walking to the car.

“Daddy what’s wrong? You seem funny.” Leila said as I set her in her car seat.

“Mommy is hurt,” I said getting in the car and heading to the hospital.

When I got to the hospital I walked in with Leila in my arms. Right when I saw Max I handed Leila to him and walked over to Chelsea.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“Ali, uh, fell getting out of the shower and hit the back of her head on the sink,” she said sounding like she was lying.

“Can I see her?” I asked walking up to the Doctor.

“Yes you may,” he said escorting me to the room.

I walked into the room to see Ali doing her normal routine, She was sitting in the hospital bed watching T.V. while talking to J.D. like every single time we have been here.

“I don’t know what happened this time,” she said looking at J.D.

I leaned on the door frame and just watched her talk.

“I remember screaming, running and fighting the everything went black,” she finished before noticing me, “Craig!” she screamed reaching her arms out to me.

“Baby,” I said walking over to her and giving her a hug.

“I just gave her some drugs to make her sleep,” J.D. said looking down, “If I knew you were coming I would have held off for a while.”

“It’s fine I just wanted to see her before she fell asleep,” I said kissing her on the forehead, “Go to sleep babe, I will be here when you wake up.”

“Okay,” she said rolling over, “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I laughed as me and J.D. walked out the door.

I walked out and saw Max playing with Leila, “Max what happened after I left?” I asked taking Leila from him.

“Nothing, Ali went and took a shower then fell,” he said looking down at his feet.

“What really happened?” I asked picking his head up by his chin so he was looking at me.

“Nothing,” he said walking off.

“Chelsea,” I said before handing Leila to Monte and walking over to Chelsea, “What really happened?”

“Nothing I promise,” She said looking scared.

Honestly I was pissed, “Chelsea, what the fuck happened!?” I screamed slamming my hand on the wall behind her.

“You are scaring me,” Chelsea said in a low voice before crying and walking off.

“Fuck!” I screamed before walking out of the hospital.

**Ali**

“CRAIG!” I screamed while jerking up in my bed. I sat there gasping for air trying to catch my breath.

I was covered in sweat and I couldn’t breathe, I put my face in my hands and began to cry. I was alone in a dark room with the T.V. on and all I wanted to do was leave.

“Ali!” I heard as the door flew open, “Are you okay?” the female voice finished before turning on the light, it was Elliot.

“Yeah, I am fine,” I said moving The hair from my face, “Just a nightmare,” I said smiling.

“Okay, well if you need anything I am here okay?”

“Okay thanks,” I said as she walked out of the room, “I need to get out of here,” I said before laying back down and turning on the T.V. and watching Ugly Americans, “But how did I get here to begin with?”