Status: It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Cross My Heart and Hope to Die

Chappy Sixteen

“J.D!” I screamed while sitting up in the dark hospital room.

“What’s wrong?!” I said running in.

“I am scared of the dark,” I said as he flipped on the lights.

“You want me to stay in here till you fall asleep?” he asked walking over to the bed.

“Will you lay with me, instead?” I asked looking up at him.

“Your fiancé would kill me there kid,” he said laughing.

“No he won’t and he is out of state with Leila right now,” I said getting scared again because something kept hitting the window.

“No, I really don’t want to take that risk of getting my ass kicked. Ali, you know I love you as a patient but I wouldn’t get my ass kicked for you,” he said laughing.

“Please, I just want somebody to lay with me till fall asleep and I know you won’t try anything,” I said looking around, “And Turk is in surgery so he can’t. So, it is either you or the Todd,” I said shrugging.

“Dammit, scoot over,” he said turning off the light and laying in bed my me.

“Thank you,” I said kissing his cheek and cuddling up to him.

“You are welcome,” he sighed.

“Goodnight,” I said as I closed my eyes and listened to him breathing. Hey, I will admit he is pretty cute but I have my Craige.

“Fuck bright lights,” I said while throwing blankets over my head, “What time is it?” I said throwing them off and looking at my phone, Eight in the morning, ‘this is bullshit,’ I thought.

“What up my home girl!?” Turk said walking in the room.

“Don’t look at me,” I said throwing my face in a pillow.

“Why?” he said trying to remove it.

“Because I don’t have any make-up on,” I said swatting his hand away.

“It can’t be that bad, you are Mexican you guys have amazing skin.” he said laughing and tugging the pillow.

“Fine,” I said letting him take it.

“See I told you, amazing skin,” he said laughing, “Now guess what?”

“What?” I said laughing at his stupid face he was making.

“You are getting out of here today!” he said smiling like an idiot.

“YES!” I said throwing my hands in the air.

I walked into my bedroom and collapsed on my bed.

“Mommy!” I heard Leila yell and I also heard her feet across the floor.

“Leila!” I yelled back while sitting up in my bed.

She jumped on my bed and tackled me down and right when she got up she jumped off the bed and ran out the door screaming, “I love my mommy!”

Next thing I know Craig is diving on out bed and laying beside me, “I have missed you so much!” he said pulling me really close.

“Craig,” I said laughing as he began to kiss my neck.

“Ali,” he said in a half moan type thing.

“Craig, we aren’t going to do this,” I said pushing him away a bit.

“Please!” he begged pulling me really close to him.

“Craig,” I said rolling over and facing him.

“Ali,” he said kissing me.

“Craig, no,” I said pulling back.

“Ali, please,” He said pulling me by my pants so I could feel him and kissing me.

“Craig,” I began to say and he bit my lip and well all my no thoughts went out the window.

“Ali,” he moaned while pulling me on top of him.

“Ali!” Monte said flinging the door open, “I have missed,” I turned to see him, “I am leaving,” he said walking away and shutting the door.

“Yeah, we aren’t doing this tonight,” I said getting off the bed and walking down to the kitchen.

I saw Leila on Robert’s shoulders and Monte was sitting on the counter laughing and drinking a beer, Craig was standing at the top of the stairs in just skinny jeans with his hair a mess just staring at me, Chelsea was sitting on the living room couch wit bill and Tom and all I could think was it is good to be home.

Except I was missing one thing, Max, he wasn’t here hugging me and flinging me over his shoulders, he wasn’t here making me laugh and being like my best friend that I could tell everything to.

Then it happened, I cried.

I ran out of the house flinging the back screen door open and running until I got right to the pool, I stopped fell to my knees and began cried even worse.

Everyone ran outside after me and just looked at me, I felt their eyes on me.

“Mommy’s okay,” I heard Leila say, then I felt her tiny arms around me, I quickly hugged her and pulled her close and it was like she knew, “Uncle Max is okay I promise. I miss him too,” and she began to cry.

I cried harder.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have realized, my character is very emotional.