‹ Prequel: Wasting Love
Status: Finished. But in the process of being re-written.

Roxanne

Fear Of The Dark

Duff's POV

I didn’t want Rox to leave, that much was clear. I didn’t trust other people that were out there. I mean one crazy nutcase that recognized her and she was a goner, yeah I know nice happy thought always going through my head, but still despite all my fears I let her go. The last thing I wanted at the moment was for us to fight, I loved her and even if she didn’t love me I still wanted what was best for her. This was the type of night that I would’ve loved to spend with Rox, when all the rest of them were drunk as fuck and they wouldn’t notice if we snuck off for a little, I finished the rest of my beer before I checked on Angel who of course was sleeping like a brick and then unzipped my pants and crawled into bed. It’s not like I was tired or anything it was just there was nothing else for me to do, so basically I just laid there and thought about anything and everything. Actually that’s a lie, I mostly thought about Rox, and how and when and what I was going to say, of course Axl basically had everything already figured out for me so I just had to get Rox on the stage and then say it. I mean how hard could that be, answer oh I don’t know right next to impossible. I laid in that bed for probably a good three hours until I started getting worried, another twenty minutes passed and Rox didn’t show, that when I really started getting worried. I eventually got out of bed grabbed the nearest pair of pants and a t-shirt that I could find and then dressed quickly. I walked out of the room to see Steven passed out on the couch, I rolled my eyes but ignored him, and he’d be okay eventually. On the way out of the bus I grabbed the nearest jacket that I could find, and it just happened to be mine, I threw it on, walked out the door and shut it behind me. If Rox was hurt. . . No I couldn’t think like that, I wouldn’t allow myself to think like that because if I did my mind would start to wander and that would end up not very good.

“Rox, you out there?” I asked the darkness then listened intently for an answer which I didn’t receive. I pushed the hair out of my face and glanced around hoping to see Rox, and knowing my luck I didn’t but I did spot a footprint that looked as though it could’ve been Roxanne’s. Swearing to myself I took a few steps closer to the footprint then began to follow the ones in front of it and hoped that it would lead me to Rox which it did. She was propped up against the tree with her legs tucked up against her face and her hair covering her legs.

“Roxanne.” I sang quietly, she didn’t look up or give me any signal that she had even heard me. I took a few steps closer until I was standing over her; I then crouched down so that I was sitting beside her. “Hey, you okay babe?” I asked as I moved my face closer to hers.

“No I’m not, go away.” She replied, her voice was muffled due to her legs up against her face, but I could still tell something was wrong; there was just something off about the way she answered.

“Rox, c’mon what’s wrong?” I asked as I gently tried to pull her legs away so that I could get a better look at her face.

“Nothing’s wrong go away.” She snapped at me, I sighed this was going to take a long time, but it didn’t matter at this moment.

“Rox, I can’t help if you don’t tell me what’s wrong.” I told her making another attempt to move her legs away from her face.

“Nothing’s wrong god-dammit!” She snarled at me. “It’s nothing, nothing at all.” She added quietly after a moment.

“Rox, stop it, I know you’re lying, tell me what’s wrong, please. I can help.” I said, to her as I managed to get her legs away from her face, her makeup had run down both sides of her face, and though I hate to admit it she did look like a racoon but she was still beautiful. “Oh, Rox.” I sighed

“Duff, just go and leave me here.” She told me then covered her face with her hands.

“You know I’m not going to do that.” I replied gently as I made an attempt to wrap my arms
around her.

“No, just go away!” She told me firmly as she pushed me away.

“Roxanne Bailey, you better know that I’m not leaving this spot unless you’re either beside me or I’m carrying you which if it comes down to that I will.” I replied, then tried again to wrap my arms around her.

“Well then you’re not leaving.” She replied then pushed my hands away again.

“Yes, we are, because we will eventually have to get on the bus because we are on tour.” I told her firmly then wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to me. She squirmed at first and got in a few hits here and there but I refused to let her go, she stopped squirming after a few minutes.

“Let me go Duff.” She snapped at me.

“No I’m not letting you go, it looks like you’re gonna have to deal with it.” I replied, she grumbled to herself for a moment before she wrapped her arms around my neck,

“There I’m dealing with it happy?” Rox snapped at me.

“Perfectly.” I told her as I snuck in a kiss.

“Hey stop it.” She told me then pushed me over so I was laying on my back. She snickered from where she was sitting.

“That was mean.” I told her with a laugh as my arms snaked around her waist and I pulled her so she was sitting on top of my stomach

“Oh well, I’m a mean person naturally.” Was her reply as she bent her head so it was inches away from mine. “Listen I’m sorry I’ve been acting like a jerk lately.” She whispered to me.

“It’s fine I haven’t been acting any better.” I told her as the whispy ends of her hair brushed gently across my face. “Come here I haven’t seen you all day.” I added as I pulled her closer to my face.

“Duff.” Roxanne said warningly, I ignored her of course instead I flipped her over so that instead of her laying on top of me I was on top of her. “Duff stop it.” She told me as she made a weak attempt to push me off.

“Not a chance.” I replied as she managed to get her hands underneath my jacket and shirt and raked her nails across the chest, I hissed but didn’t move at all.

“Stop it, we’ve gotta go remember?” Rox said as her hand travelled farther up my shirt then back down to my stomach.

“I remember but what’s your point.” I asked as I snuck in another kiss.

“The point is we’ve gotta get back to the bus.” Rox reminded me; I let out a groan, why? I didn’t wanna go back to the bus, I was perfectly fine right here. “Duff, I hate to say it but you’re getting fat.” She told me, I couldn’t actually believe that she had said that. I mean she’d been pregnant which meant she had been getting bigger in the tummy area, and yet every time that she had asked me how she looked I always said gorgeous and yet the first time she told me something it was you’re getting fat. How nice of her.

“Fine, let’s go back to the bus, am I carrying you or are you walking?” I asked her I moved and stood up.

“I’ll walk, but you’ll need to help me get up.” Rox said with a smirk.

“Fine.” I grumbled as I outstretched my hand, she *took it without hesitation and I pulled her off the damp ground and into my arms. She gave me a quick kiss before she pulled
away. “C’mon let’s go.” I added quietly as I interlocked our fingers.

“Let’s.” She agreed quietly and put her head on my shoulder. I smiled, these were the kind of moments that I lived for and I loved, I thought about asking her right then and there but decided against it, Axl would’ve been pissed though so I didn’t. “I love you Duff.” She murmured to me after a moment, our pace had slowed down considerably but I didn’t mind at all.

“I love you too Rox, more then you can imagine.” I replied softly as she stopped and we both turned so we were looking at each other. A smile broke onto her face and my grip tightened on her hand. She took a step closer to me so that there was no space in-between us. “You look tired.” I told her as I moved even closer to her.

“I am.” Was her reply, as she gave me a tired smile.

“Well, that means that I’m gonna carry you back to the bus.” I told her, she shook her head but I smiled and nodded. I pulled my hand away from hers then swept her off her feet, like the knight in shining armour that I was supposed to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Name
Fear Of The Dark
A Real Live One
Iron Maiden