‹ Prequel: Wasting Love
Status: Finished. But in the process of being re-written.

Roxanne

A Very Good Night Turns Into A Very Bad Morning

Roxanne's POV

That night Duff was my knight in shining armour. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself closer to him then tucked my head into his chest.

“Go to sleep babe.” He whispered to me, until then I hadn’t realized how far away from the trailer I we had to walk back, or more appropriately Duff had to walk back.

“No, I’m not tired, let me go.” I replied, as I squirmed around.

“Would you just relax and enjoy the moment please?” Duff begged then kissed my cheek.

“Do I have too?” I sighed as I looked up at his face.

“Yes you do.” Duff replied softly, I let out a soft groan before burying myself in his jacket.

“Fine, but only if you sing.” I said to him, now it was his turn to let out a groan. He could sing and we both knew that but he just didn’t like too.

“Well then what do you want me to sing?” He asked in an exasperated voice.

“ I don’t know surprise me.” I told him, he let out a sigh and thought about it for a moment before he began to sing.

“Blackbird singing in the dead of night take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arrive-.” He sang softly, he kept on singing I’m almost sure of it but I fell asleep in his arms right then and there.
I was up a few times that night of course feeding Angel, at least though it was once every four hours instead of once every two hours. I slid back into bed beside Duff then promptly fell asleep.

The next morning I got up probably the same time that I normally did, except Duff was still fast asleep beside me, I rolled out of bed carefully do that I wouldn’t disturb Duff. I changed into a pair of plain ol’ black jeans and just a Aerosmith t-shirt from a tour they had been on a few years back. I walked out of the room to see everyone but Duff sitting or lounging around on one of the many couches or chairs.

“Someone’s up early. Does that mean things didn’t go well in bed last night?” Steven asked with a snicker, I rolled my eyes, the sick perverted jokes just never seemed to end.

“No there wasn’t very much action in bed last night.” I replied curtly earning more hoots of laughter from both Izzy and Slash. “Remember that we do have a kid now, which means that we can’t have sex all the time.” I told him.

“Well it’s not like you had any sex before she was born.” Axl chipped in from across the room, earning more laughter from Steven.

“Good point Axl. Didn’t they only have sex that one time?” Slash asked Axl then looked at me as I sat down. In response Axl shrugged and Slash turned to me.

“Why are you guys discussing mine and Duff’s sex life again?” I asked, looking around at them.

“That’s an easy question, Steven and Slash are discussing it because their sex lives are nonexistent.” Axl quipped earning two very angry looks, which he shrugged off.

“Well excuse me, but you’re sex life is just as nonexistent as ours.” Slash answered while Steven nodded his head vigorously. Their arguing started getting louder and louder, I exchanged a look with Izzy before I got up went back into the room and got Angel.

“How’s she doing?” Duff murmured from the bed.

“She’s still asleep, now you go back to bed and try to get some sleep.” I replied softly.

“Yes mother.” Was his answer as he rolled over, I shook my head before leaving the room and gently closing the door behind me.

“How’s sleeping beauty?” Izzy asked over all the arguing, if it started getting any louder me and Izzy would have to calm them all down.

“Which one, I’ve got two of them today.” I replied with a laugh, a grim smile broke out across his face as he surveyed what looked like it would soon be a battle scene.

“Both of them I guess, how’s your boyfriend?” Izzy asked slyly dragging out the word boyfriend, that felt like I had been stabbed, his voice seemed like there was something that he wanted or there was a point he was trying to get across, but if there was one I sure didn’t get it.

“He’s attempting to get some sleep, it was a late night last night.” I replied as I sat down beside Izzy, the arguing was starting to calm down, which meant that hopefully we wouldn’t have to step in.

“She looks like you.” Izzy said as he peaked over my shoulder and looked at Angel. I stared at her face for a moment before I answered.

“I don’t think she looks like me.” I answered as the arguing started getting louder again, I let out a sigh wishing that I could just kick them the fuck out of the bus and tell them to find their own way to where they were performing tonight, but of course I couldn’t.

“I think she does, she’s beautiful like you.” Izzy whispered to me as our eyes met, talk about a supremely awkward moment. Nervously I looked at Slash, Axl and Steven who were still fighting and hadn’t even noticed our little talk.

“Izzy that’s really sweet of you to say that-“ I started but never had a chance to finish, in the blink of an eye he had his hand up against the back of the head and pushed my face closer to his and kissed me. The response was instantaneous I tried to pull away but his grip was too strong, and both my hand were occupied so that left one possible thing to do. I kicked him, again and again but nothing worked until I heard a very shocked very upset voice.

“Rox, Izzy? What the hell are you guys doing?” The voice shouted and just like that I knew it was game over because that voice that I heard was Duff.

“Whoa, what the hell?” Axl’s voice swore Izzy’s hand dropped from the back of my head and he pulled away with a smile on his face.

“I fucking hate you.” I snarled at Izzy who just shrugged it off like it was nothing at all. I looked at Duff who had a distraught expression on his face then turned around and walked back into the room. I sighed then stood up and walked until I was beside Axl In my arms Angel started screaming, I took one look at her, then handed her to Axl, I did not need to deal with this type of shit at this moment. Axl took her without hesitation I then walked after Duff and into the room.

“I knew it, I knew it all along that you and Izzy were more than just friends but I had to go and fucking think that you wouldn’t cheat on me. How could I be so fucking stupid.” He was swearing and throwing things around, he smashed his head on the wall, and I let out a sigh, why the fuck did shit always seem to happen to me.

“Duff calm down, just give me a chance to explain.” I started but he cut me off.

“Why should I give you a chance to explain?” He started, but I shook my head, I did not need to deal with this right now or ever for that matter.

“Fine do whatever you want I don’t care anymore.” I replied in a flat tone as I picked up my bag and started shoving clothes in it. This time I was not joking I was just sick and tired of this shit right now and I was leaving for good.

“That’s a bunch of bullshit, you care, you’re just pretending that you don’t.” Duff snapped back at me and that’s when I totally lost it.

“DUFF I’M NOT FUCKING JOKING ANYMORE I’M THROUGH WITH THIS SHIT RIGHT NOW AND I’M LEAVING GOD-DAMNIT SO HAVE FUN WITH THE REST OF YOUR FUCKING LIFE BECAUSE I DON’T FUCKING CARE ANYMORE JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!” I screamed at him, outside the door I hear silence, so obviously they had heard what I had to say and they probably didn’t like it one bit.

“Good, get the hell out now.” Duff replied curtly as he walked out of the room, I rolled my eyes as I threw the remainder of my clothes into the bag then picked it up, walked out of the room and put it by the door. The whole band was sitting and watching my every move.

“Rox, listen you don’t have to leave you can stay somewhere else if you want, like we can throw Izzy out on his ass and you can sleep there.” Axl said from where he was sitting, I heard a cry of outrage escape Izzy’s lips but everyone ignored it.

“No I’m leaving guys, I’m leaving right after we arrive at the site because apparently I’m not wanted any longer.” I told Axl, I saw Steven kick Duff hard in the knee and I knew it hurt but he didn’t let any of the pain show on his face.

“What about Angel though? Are you gonna take her, and you’re wanted, I want you here and Axl and Slash do too.” Steven said as he held up Angel. My gaze lingered on her for a moment until I shook my head.

“No she can stay with her dad, it’s better.” I said softly. “When she gets older just tell her that I died or something, whatever floats you’re boat.” I added after a moment. Out of the corner of my eye and I saw Duff flinch but I ignored it.

“C’mon don’t leave, please Rox.” Axl started begging, I sighed and shook my head, I was not staying, especially with this asshole hanging around all the time.

“Axl I can’t stay honestly, I just can’t it wouldn’t work out.” I told him gently, it was gonna hurt leaving the band, I mean they were like my family and I was gonna miss them a lot, even Duff. Even if I thought I had gotten over him I knew that it would just be one fucking massive lie.

“Well then fine but can I talk to you alone for a moment?” He asked me, not knowing what else to do I nodded my head then followed Axl into his room and shut the door behind me. “Rox, don’t go I know you still love him, even if you say that you don’t you do so stop fucking kidding yourself and just stick around and eventually thing will clear up.” I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“I’m not staying I’m leaving and that’s final.” I told him, he sighed then opened his fat mouth again.

“Fine, leave but at least leave with a bang. I dare you to sing a song and not just any song I dare you to sing November Rain.” He said to me, I rolled my eyes again and then sighed, I knew I wasn’t going to be going anywhere unless I just did the fucking song so I just stopped arguing with him and agreed.

“Fine, I’ll do it, but then I’m leaving and I’m not coming back.” I agreed reluctantly, he nodded his head understandingly.

“Here I need to go talk to the guys for a minute so just stay here.” He told me, I nodded my head then after he left the room I feel back into the bed and shut my eyes.