‹ Prequel: Wasting Love
Status: Finished. But in the process of being re-written.

Roxanne

Highway To Hell

“Well this is it.” He told me as he slung his arm around my shoulder. We took a detour around back so that we could get in without the screaming fans, and the camera’s flashing.

“This is it.” I repeated gripping my bag until my knuckles turned white.

“Hey relax, babe.” Duff said as we headed to what I assumed was the tour bus. We were probably a good twenty feet away from the tour bus but I could still hear lots of screams and shouts. “Oh shit, there must be like a party going on in there or something.” Duff mused to himself. It didn’t take long for us to get there, a much shorter time that I had expected or hoped it would be.

“You nervous?” Duff asked cheerfully when we stopped outside the doors.

“Nervous doesn’t even begin to cover it.” I answered, with a small smile, Duff let out a hoot of laughter before pecking me on the lips.

“Hey Duff who’s that ya got there? Is this the girl that I’ve heard so much about yesterday?” A voice from behind us called, we turned around to see a black-haired guy holding a guitar walking towards us. He was shorter then Duff, maybe somewhere along the lines of 5’8. He had pasty white skin and dark brown almost black eyes that darted around suspiciously. My heart jumped a bit when I saw this guy, I’d seen him before, hell I’d slept with him a few years back. His hair had been longer and he had been thinner and not dressed as nicely but it was him.

“Izzy, it good to see you again man, I haven’t seen in so long, it been like what a whole week!” Duff said with a laugh. I saw Izzy’s eyes do a quick once-over of me and then a startled look appeared. Ahh so he recognized me too. “This is Roxanne; yeah she’s the one that I told Steven about yesterday.” Izzy nodded his head, not taking his eyes off me, like he didn’t trust me or something.

“Well it’s good to meet you Roxanne “Izzy said to me tipping his head. From what his eyes were telling me he was not happy to see me and not happy at all that I was with Duff.

“It’s good to meet you too Izzy.” I replied, cheery pasting a plastic smile on my face. Izzy winked at Duff and I thought I saw Duff smile back at him.

“Well anyways, we should go in.” Duff said breaking the silence that had crept up on us. Izzy nodded his head as Duff stretched out his arm and twisted the doorknob then pushed it open.

“After you,” He told Izzy; in return Izzy gave a grim smile and walked into the bus. I heard shouts from inside the bus as well as bouts of laughter.

“C’mon, Rox, let’s go I’m sure they’re eager to meet you.” Duff said, snatching out grabbing my hand and then pulling me into the bus after him. I stumbled over the first step but quickly regained my balance.

“That must be Duff and his new girlfriend.” A voice inside the bus exclaimed, pausing for a moment. “Hey Izzy did you see Duff and his girlfriend when you were coming back?” It asked. I didn’t hear Izzy’s response, but it sure seemed to get a laugh out of the rest of them.

“Oh hey Duff how’ve you been? Where’s your girlfriend?” Another voice asked as Duff stepped into the hallway I guess you could call it.

“I’ve been pretty good, and as for my girlfriend she’s right here.” Duff answered as I stepped
into the light beside him. I shot a quick glance around the place and let me tell you it was a mess. There were empty beer bottle and cans lying around along with a good six or seven pizza boxes. “Where’s Axl?” Duff asked as he searched the trailer like he was looking for someone, or something.

“Who knows n’ who cares” Was the only answer he received from a long curly black-haired guy that was sitting in the corner with a guitar on his lap, a top hat on his head and was holding what looked suspiciously like a bottle of vodka.

“Anyways,” Duff started shaking his head. “That’s Slash.” He said pointing to the guy that had the curly black hair and the top hat. “Sitting over there in that corner with the blonde hair is Steven,” he paused again and pointed at who I guess was Steven. “You already know Izzy and then Axl’s the only one who’s missing, but I’m sure you’ll recognize him. Anyways this is Roxanne.” He finished

“Hey Duff, catch.” Steven said as he threw a beer to Duff, Duff caught it and fell into a nearby seat. “Would Duff’s lady friend like anything to drink at this moment?” Steven winked at me.

“It depends on what you have.” I replied leaning against the wall.

“Well let’s see, we have beer, vodka, beer, more vodka, and some more beer. Any of those tickle you’re fancy? And let me tell you if they don’t I bet I know something that will.” Steven answered giving me a flirty smile. A small chuckle escaped both Slash and Duff’s lips and Izzy cracked a grin.

“That seems like a hard choice, do I want beer or vodka? Or maybe I want something a little
stronger then vodka.” I muttered to myself. “I’ll have a beer.” I told Steven who nodded and threw me a beer. I caught it and opened it. I could feel both Duff and Izzy’s eyes on me but I ignored it. From behind where Steven was sitting I could hear grumbling and doors slamming shut. The door beside me opened and he stepped out. He was Axl Rose, with the red hair, the bandana, the leather pants and the huge-ass sunglasses.

“I’m guessing you must be Duff’s girlfriend,” Axl started as he stared at me he took a step closer before he peered at me like I was an alien or something. “Roxy? Is that you?” He asked taking another step closer. I peered at his face and saw the familiar lines in it.

“No” I breathed, “it can’t be, Bill?” I asked taking a step towards him.

“Who the fuck’s Bill?” Steven and Slash said together, Izzy completely ignored what was going on and kept plucking at his guitar strings and from behind me I heard Duff let out a groan.

“Duff, please tell me that you did not hook up with my sister again.” Axl/Bill said calmly or at least as calm as he could possibly be.

“Well umm. I’d like to tell you different but I can’t really because that would be what I call a lie.” Duff said rather apologetically. I shot a look a Duff’s face which had a grimace on it then looked at William Bruce Bailey Jr. Better known as Axl Rose and much better known to me as my twin brother.

“Whaaat? You have a sister? How come you didn’t tell us?” Slash asked as he carefully laid his guitar beside him.

“I didn’t tell you because I didn’t think you needed to know.” Axl spat out through gritted teeth as he took a step closer his fists clenched. Instinctively I took a step back and to my shock and horror Duff stepped in front of me. “Now you’re going to take my sister back to whatever street corner that you found her on drop her off and drive away Duff. Do you understand?” Axl snarled. In response Duff shook his head.

“No.” I saw Axl’s eyes flicker dangerously, everyone’s eyes were on Axl waiting for his next move.

“No? You’re going to say no to me, right now? Remember what happened the last time you
didn’t stay away from my sister when I told you too?” Axl questioned as he dropped his sunglasses on the floor.

“Yeah,” Duff said nodding his head. “I remember what happened last time, I lost her and I’m not going to lose her again. So you can take whatever you don’t like about me and Roxanne being together and shove it up your ass.” Duff snarled back at Axl. Izzy looked up from his guitar and him and Steven exchanged a worried glance.

“Hey, calm down you two.” Slash said as he put his bottle of vodka down and stood up.

“Don’t you fucking tell me to calm down, tell him to calm down, because he’s the one that over-reacting!” Duff exclaimed pointing at Axl. Slash just sighed as Steven took a long drink of his beer.

“You,” Axl said pointing at me. “Go outside now.” My shoulders tensed as I took a sip of my beer.

“No, I’m not leaving again.” I replied as I crossed my arms.

“Roxanne Bailey, get out of this bus this instant, before I throw you out.” Axl said taking a menacing step towards me. Duff put his arm out and sidestepped in front of me blocking Axl.

“Don’t even try to touch her, because I will beat the living shit out of you.” Duff said as he clenched his fists at his side.

“Oh yeah. Try me.” Axl said lunging towards me. Duff lifted his hands up to stop him but Axl was furious and when Axl was furious he could get through anything. He shoved Duff aside and pushed me up against the wall.

“Hey stop it you guys!” Slash yelled as he made an attempt to stop Axl which failed miserably.

“That’s it your dead.” Duff snarled as he pushed Axl away and wrapped his arms around me. “Leave her alone, if you have a reason why you hate us being together just fucking say it.” I shot a quick glance at Axl who was staring intently at me and Duff.

“Don’t give me that shit like you don’t know why I don’t want you with her. You’re a player Duff, you always have been, remember that one chick you’d been trying to get for a year? Remember that and remember how you dated Rox to get her attention?” Axl asked Duff, Duff sighed as he brushed his hair out of his face.

“Axl, would you relax, sure I was a player, but I wasn’t the only one. You were a player too; remember how you slept with one girl one night and then her sister the next night. And if you remember that story correctly, that by the end I never dumped Rox, I stayed with her, until you came along.” Duff answered, as I wrapped my arms around him.

“Yeah okay, fair point, but still. Hey guys d’ya mind if you give us a few minutes alone?” Axl asked Steven, Izzy and Slash. They nodded and scurried out the door. “Listen,” he started with a sigh. “I could tell even back then when we were fourteen that Rox really liked you, but you it seemed as though it was a game to you and I didn’t want Roxanne to get hurt and I knew she was going to get hurt especially when you left town.” He finished, out of the corner of my eye I saw Duff shake his head with that glint in his eyes that I loved so much.

“You thought it was a game? You thought I was playing with your sister’s heart?” Duff asked with a laugh, Axl nodded in response. “Oh c’mon you think I’m that stupid? Even I know not to play with your younger sister’s heart I’d be dead. Rox, I hate to ask this but is it ok if you left us alone to talk for a while?” Duff asked looking at me.

“Sure I’ll go hang outside.” I said nodding and letting my arms drop from around his shoulders. “But if I have to go, that means you have to let go.” I said with a giggle, as Duff dropped his arms, he slowly bent his head down and kissed me softly. Then as gentle as I could I stroked his cheek and winked at him. Then I turned around to see Axl glaring at us then I grabbed my beer and quickly fled from the bus.

“So, what’s going on in there?” Slash asked me.

“I duno they asked me to leave.” I replied shrugging, then taking a drink of my beer.

“Really? I never would’ve even guessed.” Izzy said sarcastically from where he was sitting

“Well from what it seems it looks as though they’re going to be arguing for awhile, so we might as well get to the stage and start setting up.” Slash said as Steven and Izzy nodded in agreement. They turned around and began walking towards the distant stage, by the time they noticed that I wasn’t with them they were probably about five feet away.

“Hey, whatcha doing back here, you see as long as you’re with Duff and you’re on tour with us, you stick with us. Understood?” Slash asked me as he walked back and put his arm around my shoulder.

“I understand captain.” I replied with a chuckle, Slash let out a laugh and Izzy and Steven both cracked a grin.

“Good soldier” Slash exclaimed as he steered me around and we began walking towards the not so distant stage. As we got closer to the stage I saw the unmistakable flashing of cameras and photographers and I stopped in my tracks and let out a groan.

“What’s wrong?” Steven asked looking at me. “Anybody got a smoke?” He asked as an afterthought.

“I do, here you go.” Izzy said pulling out a pack of smokes and handing one to Steven.

“Anyways,” I started. “Well the photographers don’t really know that me and Duff are sorta together, since he thought it was better if we let the rest of the band know before the rest of the world. So basically the photographers have no idea Duff is dating someone.” As I finished I heard Steven, Slash, and Izzy let out a massive groan.

“Fuck, leave it to Duff to pull something like that.” Izzy said slapping his head with his hand and then pulling out a smoke for himself. “Yo, Steven you got a light?” Izzy asked, Steven didn’t answer instead he just pulled out a lighter, lit his own then handed it to Izzy. Very noticeably Slash rolled his eyes.

“Well then how are we going to get Ms. Roxanne down to the stage?” Steven asked as he looked around.

“Do you guys have a backstage entrance, where there bring in the sound systems and stuff?” I asked looking at Slash.

“I have no fucking idea.” Slash replied “and that’s my answer to both questions.” He paused a moment and glanced at the mass of flashing cameras in the distance. “Roxanne, can you sing?” He asked curiously.

“I can sing ok-ish, why?” I answered, shooting a confused glance at Slash, who had a wide grin on his face.

“Because, when we see the photographers we could pass you off as a backup singer for the show, a new one. Simple as that.” Slash said with a chuckle. Steven and Izzy exchanged a sly look.

“That would work, I guess, except for the fact when I show up at some other concert with Duff.” I said, pointing out the obvious.

“That’s an easy answer too; we can just say that you two hooked up after the concert or something.” Izzy said as he took a puff of his smoke. Slash and Steven shared a look and shrugged.

“Sure, since that’s probably the best idea we’re gonna get.” I said, rolling my eyes, “but you might want to take your arm off my shoulder.” I said with a laugh as Slash moved his arm.

“Hey thanks for keeping my spot warm Slash.” Duff’s voice called from behind us, within a moment or two I felt his warm breath on my neck as his arm snaked around where moments before Slash’s had been.

“Well so much for that plan.” Steven said, taking a gulp of his beer.

“What plan?” Duff asked looking around.

“Oh nothing,” I answered quickly looking at Duff who didn’t answer just shot me a suspicious look that I shrugged off.

“Where’s Axl?” Izzy asked between gritted teeth as he looked around.

“I duno he said something about a gift and that he’d meet us down by the stage ‘bout half an hour before the show starts.” Duff replied with a shrug.

“I guess that means we should head down ‘eh?” Slash asked Duff who nodded in response. We started walking towards the many cameras, the photographers and the general noise. Beside me I heard Duff take a swig of his beer as well as Steven whisper something to Slash who burst out laughing.

“Well Rox, I hope you like being well known, because after we walk through those photographers you won’t be able to go out in public again.” Duff said to me as we drew nearer to the photographers.

“Oh joy, just what I wanted.” I muttered to no-one in particular. The wind blew through the park and I shivered, I had just realized how cold I was, and how foolish I was for not bringing a sweater with me.

“Are you cold?” Duff asked as he pulled me closer

“Nah, I’m not cold,” I said shivering again. Duff rolled his eyes making sure that I saw it and shook his head.

“Girls.” He muttered to himself. The shouting of the photographers suddenly got really loud and when I looked up from the ground I realized that we were directly in front of the photographers maybe fifty feet away, no less then that twenty at the most.

“Smile babe.” Duff whispered in my ear as the photographers cameras flashed.

“Mother- I hate those bloody cameras.” Slash swore as one went off directly in front of him.

“Agreed.” Izzy replied.

“At least you guys have hats on. I don’t” Steven grumbled as he blinked rapidly.

“Hey shut up, I don’t have a hat on and you don’t see me bitching.” I told Steven as Duff
chuckled.

“And why are you in this conversation again?” Steven asked me shooting me a glare.

“Simple, because I can.” I said sweetly, as I gave Steven one of my little kid smiles.

“Time to surprise the cameras.” Duff whispered to me, before I had time to react Duff’s hand travelled down to my thighs and he turned me towards him, then pulled me closer and his lips met mine. The response was instantaneous my arms wrapped around his neck as his wrapped around my waist, cameras flashed from all around us. I felt the blood shoot up into my face as well as the heat radiate from Duff’s and then before I knew it the kiss was over.

“Did you have to do that?” I asked as I pulled away from him and stared directly into his eyes.

“Yes,” He replied as his eyes sparkled, “why you didn’t want to kiss me?” he asked, letting go of my waist.

“I wanted too, just not in front of all these cameras, but I’m glad you did.” I told him as I unwrapped my arms from around his neck. He let out a chuckle and smiled at me.

“Well c’mon we better get behind the stage, before your brother sees us and has a cow.” Duff said as he grabbed my hand and began to pull me towards the stage. From all around us the cameras were flashing, I was beginning to see spots which made me see why Steven, Izzy, and Slash all hated the cameras so much. By the time we reached the stage, spots speckled my view, exhausted I fell into a chair beside Steven.

“Oh how nice of you to join us.” Steven said with a snort, as he took his cigarette out of his mouth, dropped it on the floor and stepped on it.

“Izzy where the hell did you put my guitar!?” Slash shouted at Izzy as he ran by.

“How the hell am I supposed to know what the fuck you do with your guitar?’ Izzy snapped from where he was sitting. From beside me Steven let out a groan

“And this is a typical night before a performance by Guns N’ Roses backstage.” Steven told me, as I let out a chuckle.

“Does anyone know where the hell my guitar went?” Slash asked as he stopped in front of us and looked at us with a confused expression on his face

“Nope” Duff replied not looking up from the floor

“Not a clue.” Steven said as he took another drink out of his almost empty beer can.

“How ‘bout you? D’ya know where my guitar is?” Slash asked, staring at me.

“Oh Slash relax, she probably doesn’t know where the hell you put your guitar if the rest of
us don’t” Duff told Slash as he rolled his eyes.

“Didn’t you have your guitar back at the bus earlier?” I asked meeting Slash’s eyes.

“Of course! That’s where I left the stupid thing.” Slash said as he hit himself in the head,
almost knocking his top hat off. “Thanks Rox, you’re a lifesaver.” He added, then scurried off the way we had come in.

“Yo Izzy,” Duff started as Izzy let out a groan. “Did you bring my bass down from the bus like I asked ya too?”

“I was supposed to bring your bass down? Since when?” Izzy answered shooting him a confused glance.

“Didn’t Steven tell you after I got off the phone with him yesterday?” Duff said shooting a glance at Steven who swore.

“Steven.” Both Izzy and Duff started.

“Sorry, I forgot.” He replied sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.

“Uhh, I’m gonna go grab it, anyone else want anything while I’m up there” Duff asked, as he stood up and looked around. “And Steven whether you like it or not you’re coming with me!” He added, in response Steven let out a groan before standing up.

“Yeah I think I’m going to need another, beer.” Izzy started, “And another cigarette but ya don’t need ta get those for me, I’ve got some here.” He added hastily. Duff rolled his eyes before they landed on me.

“D’ya want anything from the bus babe?” He asked, in response I shook my head.

“One beer a night is enough for me.” I said to Duff who shook his head.

“Ok so Rox wants a beer, Izzy wants a beer, Slash probably will want a bottle of vodka, Axl will have like eight beers, you want a beer and I want a beer, so you might as well just bring down a case and six bottles of vodka. ” Duff told Steven with a laugh and then received a very angry glare from me. “Relax Rox, I’m just kidding, but we’ll still bring down the case anyways so if you want one just grab one.” He told me before him and Steven headed back towards the bus.

“So.” Izzy started, as he turned and looked at me.

“So what?” I asked him, confused.

“So are we going to tell them about, what happened three years ago?” Was his answer, I grimaced and shot him a somewhere between horrified and confused look.

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea, because you saw Axl, when he found out I’m Duff’s girl.” I answered looking at Izzy with a small smile on my face.

“Good point, but still he has a right to know.” Izzy pointed out “and so does Duff.” He added as an afterthought.

“They also have a right to beat the shit out of you for sleeping with me.” I pointed out, only to see Izzy’s eyes grow wide.

“Never mind they don’t need to know.” Izzy replied quickly, “have you slept with Duff yet?” He asked randomly, I shot him a partly disgusted look.

“Maybe I have, maybe I haven’t what’s it to you?” I told him not giving away anything with my eyes.

“Because,” Izzy started with a sigh. “Do you remember what I said to you that night?” He said as he began to move closer to me.

“Yeah I remember what you said to me. You said that you loved me and that I was special.” I said repeating the exact words that he had said to me. They didn’t mean anything to me, almost every guy that I had slept with had said something similar if not those exact words, out of all those people who had said that only one person had it actually mattered and that
was Duff.

“That’s right, and y’know I meant that.” Izzy said as our eyes met. I held back a groan; this was exactly what I didn’t need to happen.

“I know you meant it then, but Izzy things have changed in the last three years. I’ve moved on and you should too. I’m with Duff again and I’m happy.” I said, trying to sympathise for him. Izzy opened his mouth and tried to comment back but before he could Slash walked in.

“Hey, where’s everyone else?” He asked as he scanned the room.

“Duff went back to get his bass guitar and Steven went with him to grab some beer and vodka for everyone.” Izzy explained.

“Shiiitt, I knew I forgot something when I came back down. They better bring me back vodka or else I’ll be pissed.” Slash said putting his guitar down and falling into the chair next to Izzy.

“They said they were going to bring back vodka, so don’t worry.” I assured Slash, who looked quite pleased with that bit of information.

“So what did I miss?” Slash asked shooting glances at both of us. We exchanged anxious glances before Izzy spoke.

“Nothing I was just asking Rox how she knew Duff.” He said hurriedly, if Slash had been listening carefully he would’ve noticed that something was off. He would’ve noticed that the answer was too fast and it was a forced response, like he was trying to convince himself more than Slash.

“Oh cool, how did you know Duff anyways, I know that Axl was your brother so is that how you know him or something?” Slash asked me, or at least I think he asked me I couldn’t really be sure of what he was asking me or even saying for that matter.

“Yeah it was kinda the three of us, with me being the bratty kid that was always ditched and I guess me and Duff turned into more than friends at some point in time.” I answered, with a sigh of relief, hopefully we were out of the danger zone now.

“Slash, where the hell’s my bandana?” A familiar voice yelled as Axl stormed into the room. From beneath Slash’s top hat and his pile of hair I saw him smile.

“How the hell am I supposed to know where the fuck you put your shit?” Slash asked Axl as Izzy handed him a smoke.

“Because you’re the idiot that took it! That’s why you’re supposed to know!” Axl roared at him, Slash looked up at him with what looked like a blank look.

“Dude, I didn’t take your bandana.” Slash said plainly. “Yo Izzy you got a light?” He asked with a hopefully expression on his face.

“Bullshit, if you didn’t take it who did?” He screamed looking at us.

“Hey what the hell is with all the screaming, I can hear you halfway to the bus.” Duff said walking in with Steven behind him carrying a flat of beer.

“Oh nothing Axl’s just all pissy that he put his bandana somewhere and can’t remember where.” Izzy explained, handing Slash a light.

“Oh so it’s just the usual then.” Steven said sounding unconcerned as he fell into a chair next to me.

“You, move.” Duff said, pointing at me. Rolling my eyes I got up and Duff fell into my chair.

“Well that was nice of you; kick your girlfriend out of a chair. How caring.” Axl sneered at Duff before he turned to Slash. “I know you moved my fucking bandana, if you tell me where you put it I’ll leave you alone.” Duff just rolled his eyes before looping his arms around my waist and pulling me down onto his lap.

“I am caring more caring then you were.” Duff snapped back, putting his head on my shoulder.

“Don’t even start with me you asshole.” At least I didn’t leave her after telling her that I cared.” Axl replied icily. Duff opened his mouth to snarl something back put before he could I put my finger over his mouth.

“Shhhh,” I told him as I gently brushed hair out of his face. I saw the anger in his eyes slowly fade away.

“I’m telling you man I don’t know where your bandana is, it’s probably back at the bus again, like usual.” Slash argued in the background. “Now I don’t care what you think I’m going to go and tune my guitar so I’m ready for the show, you coming Izzy?” Slash told Axl, Izzy nodded his head vigorously.

“I’ll come to; I still have to put together the drum kit.” Steven said as he stood up. “You coming Duff?” He added. Duff gave his a wry look and shook his head.

“I’ll be there in a little, ok?” He told them, Steven winked at him before walking away. Izzy whispered something to Slash who burst out laughing. They smiled at us before they stood up and walked away. Axl waited a moment until the other left before turning on us.

“Get the fuck away from my sister! I’ve told you before, leave her alone! Call a fucking cab put her in the god-damn thing, give the cab driver some random fucking directions and then let him take her far away.” Axl screeched at Duff.

“No, she’s staying whether you like it or not, she’s told me what she’s been through after you left and it’s not a story you’d like to hear. If you did hear it, you’d feel fucking horrible.” Duff snarled back

“Well why the fuck don’t you just tell me what you’ve been through that’s so horrible and maybe I can pretend to be sympathetic.” Axl snarled at me.

“Go ahead tell him,” Duff said to me gently.

“Ever since you left, I’ve been a fucking hooker, a prostitute, a whore on the street. I’ve had to fucking sleep with people in order to live, while you’ve been making it huge. Not once did I ever get a check from you, so that I could live. Not once, you son of a bitch. I’ve been fucking so many god-damn people, I’ve had my brains screwed out so many times and you know what. The whole time I was doing that I was hoping it was Duff, I was wishing that I could have him back and now I do. And now you expect me to walk away, to go back to the life I was living before you guys showed up. Well I’m not going back to that, I love Duff and you won’t take him away from me, no, not again.” I said as the tears began to flow. Before I knew it I was sobbing.

“Look what you did.” Duff snapped at Axl as he pulled me closer. “It’s okay Rox, it’s okay, I’m right here and I’m not going anywhere. Shhhh, babe, shhhh.” He whispered to me as he rocked me back and forth gently.

“Oh shit, Rox, I had no idea.” Axl started as he took three steps closer to us. Instinctively I cringed back into Duff’s arms.

“Go away.” I sobbed into Duff’s arms, Axl stopped walking towards me and I knew that if I looked up he would’ve looked like he just got shot.

“Listen Rox, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to.” Axl pleaded as he walked closer to me.
“Go the fuck away you asshole. I don’t know who you are anymore because I know you’re not the William Rose I knew five years ago.” I told Axl.

“Here Axl do you want me to go?” Duff asked quietly looking up from me.

“Nah, you don’t have to, I’ll leave it’s obvious that she wants you.” Axl replied bitterly as he walked away, in the same direction as the others.

“Axl, come back here, now!” Duff yelled before letting out a sigh, “Well so much for that.” He told me, as he stroked my hair.

“Sorry, this is my fault.” I said with a sniffle and looked up at him.

“No, it’s not.” He told me . “What time is it even?” He asked me as he scanned the room for a clock

“I have no idea, but it’s probably like a little after seven.” I said absently

“Oh shit it’s that late already, I’ve gotta tune my guitar still. I’ve gotta go, but if you want you can come with me. At least until the show starts.” Duff said. “That means you have to stand up y’know.” He added with a snicker. Grumbling I stood up and took a step away from him.

“I don’t know if I should go with you.” I said slowly. “I mean maybe it’s better if I say here, until the show starts then go backstage, Axl’s already in a bad mood and I don’t want to piss him off even more.” I told Duff.

“Oh c’mon Axl’s just being a jerk, who gives a shit what he thinks.” Duff replied as he stood up and then grabbed my hand.

“Duff I just don’t think it’s a good idea for me to go with you.” I said quietly, meeting his eyes. He groaned and rolled his eyes.

“C’mon, please Axl won’t swear at us in front of Slash and the rest of them” He said looking at me hopefully.

“Fine,” I said with a sigh, I really needed to work on my arguing skills, especially with Duff and Axl. “Which way do we go?” I asked as I gripped his hand with my own.

“This way,” Duff told me as he started to walk in the same direction the others had gone, “just stick with me or one of the others and you’ll be fine okay.” Duff said to me as we walked down a long narrow hallway.

“I know Slash already gave me shit for not sticking with him,” I replied as Duff let out a chuckle.

“That’s typical Slash for ya.” Duff said to me, “if I’m not around and something happened, just tell Slash and he’ll take care of it.”

“Alright, what about the others, what have you guys been up to since you left, other than becoming world famous?” I asked Duff.

“Ahh, not too much, other than that. Actually that’s about it. We released the Use Your Illusion I & II and were on tour for the next two years, but I think you already knew that.” He said with a sly smile. Without meaning to I rolled my eyes, then purposely shook my head

“Haha very funny.” I said with a fake laugh as we approached a door. “We go through there right?”

“No stupid, we stand outside of it and look at how pretty it is.” Duff answered as he let out a laugh, I shook my head and gently hit his chest. The door was already slightly ajar, and since Duff was a lazy ass that couldn’t be bothered to open a door with his hands, he kicked it open and almost did fall on his ass.

“Smooth.” I told him quietly.

“Shut up.” He muttered to me, Slash and Izzy both looked up from their guitars.

“Dude, where’s your bass?” Izzy asked him as he looked around. Duff opened his mouth to say something, probably to give someone shit but before he could get anything out Axl cut him off.

“He forgot it back where we were sitting before, and now he’s going to go get it so me and Roxanna can have a little chat.” Axl said, appearing out of no-where, Duff opened his mouth to argue, but Axl cut him off again. “Go, just go. Don’t argue with me, just go get it.” Duff sighed before looking at me.

“Just Go” I told him, and reluctantly he went. Izzy and Steven exchanged a worried glance and Slash shot Axl a knock-it-off glare. Axl sighed then looked at me and then at Slash.

“I’m not going to yell at her.” He told Slash who let out a sigh of relief. “How about we stop this whole bitching at each other thing and just be cool with whatever happens?” He asked me.

“Sure that works for me.” I said with a shrug, Axl let out a chuckle before he walked over to me and put his arm around my shoulders like a brother should.

“So, you’ve been a hooker, how was that life? Not what you expected huh?” He said to me, making both Slash and Steven glance at me.

“It was fucking horrible.” I told him as they all laughed.

“Well I’m glad you didn’t like it, because if you did like it we’d be having a very loud talk.” He said with a chuckle, this was the Axl I knew. “Did ya sleep with anyone we’d know?” He asked curiously. I tried to hold back a groan; this was not a question I wanted to answer. Izzy shot me a worried expression which I ignored; I had already told him I wasn’t going to tell anyone about us.

“You mean, did I sleep with anyone from bands?” I asked as he nodded furiously, that question also seemed to get Slash’s and Steven’s attention because they were both staring at me. Izzy was the only one who didn’t see interested in this; instead he seemed very uninterested, which was a good thing. “Well, I’ve actually slept with a few people from bands, but I don’t think it would be a good idea to mention who.” I said, hopefully they wouldn’t push me any farther than that

“Oh ok, that’s fine. I hope you know that I’m not going to let that go though, I will find out eventually.” Axl told me as Duff walked in.

“Holy shit, you’re both alive. When I heard silence I thought that one or both of you had died.” Duff said looking around as if he didn’t believe what had happened while he was gone.

“Nah, I think the fighting’s over.” I said with a laugh that was caused by Axl who was making faces at Slash.

“Well that’s good,” Duff responded looking at Axl. “Because I’d actually like not maybe not get the shit beaten out of me again.” Axl laughed at that as he unhooked his arm from around my neck and walked over to Duff.

“Nope I think were a done fighting for the time being. You just have to promise one thing.” Axl said to Duff who gave him a questioning look. “Let us know before you plan to fuck her, please.” Duff just shook his head as the others burst out laughing.

“Haha, you guys are fucking hilarious.” I said plainly, as I watched Slash fall off his chair, which made everyone laugh even harder.

“That, that wasn’t funny,” he choked out; beside him Izzy was howling with laughter. Even Duff and Axl’s faces were red from laughing so much. We probably laughed for a good five minutes and by the time we were done my stomach hurt from laughing so much.

“Ok, you guys focus on the show.” Axl said as he took a deep breath to calm himself down.

“Right, the show.” Duff said breathless. I shook my head; they had gotten much much worse after they had left.

“So what are we performing first Axl?” Izzy asked as he pulled Slash up again.

“Sweet Child O’ Mine!” Slash blurted out, before straightening his top hat. Axl’s response was a groan as he looked at Slash.

“You really fucking hate that song don’t you?” Axl asked.

“No I don’t hate that song, I just think that it’s a good song to start off with, I mean it’s got that riff at the beginning that really pumps the crowd up.” Slash answered, Duff and Izzy shared a glance, while Steven rolled his eyes and Axl let out a groan.

“Just admit it, you hate that song.” Steven said tapping a cymbal into place.

“Fine. I fucking hate that song.” Slash admitted after a slight pause.

“Holy shit, he actually admitted it.” Duff said with mock shock. Axl rolled his eyes and looked at me.

“And you’re dating him, why?” He asked jokingly.

“I have no idea, I keep telling myself that’s he’s more than just a pretty face but it seems as though I’m wrong.” I replied that earned a very unhappy look from Duff as Axl chuckled.

“Well I’m more than just a pretty face, and I’m single.” Steven chipped in from where he was sitting, that got a laugh from both Duff and Izzy.

“Steven, you’re not even a pretty face.” Slash told him as he strummed the guitar strings then winced back. “Shit this is really outta tune.”

“Join the club, mine’s out of tune too.” Duff said as he tweaked one of the strings then looked at me. “This is your fault.” He told me with a laugh.

“Duff, you’re so mean. Always blaming me for everything that goes wrong. I can’t stand you anymore, just, just leave me alone.” I said, pretending to sob.

“Yeah, jeez Duff leave her alone.” Izzy said from across the room. Axl rolled his eyes.

“Kids,” he muttered to himself, and shook his head.

“Oh shut up you moron. Do something useful already.” Slash shot back at him.

“Well I’m sorry your majesty, what would you like me to do for you?” Axl asked him sarcastically, Slash had to think about this for a moment.

“Get me a bottle of vodka.” He said finally with a smile,

“Get you a bottle of vodka! Me get you a bottle of vodka.” Axl muttered to himself as he stalked out of the room. Slash let out an evil chuckle as he strummed his guitar yet again then tweaked one of the knobs on top. That was what they did for the next five minutes, strum, tweak, and repeat.

“You wanted a bottle of vodka, well here it is!” Axl yelled as he walked into the room and threw the bottle of vodka at Slash, though Axl’s aim was so bad it resulted in nearly hitting Izzy’s head and then smashing harmlessly into the wall behind him.

“Mother-“Izzy swore.

“You just ruined a bottle of my vodka, do you know how fucking expense that was!” Slash snarled at him, standing up.

“Oh well, that’s what happens when you ask me to get you a fucking drink.” Axl snapped back.

“You asshole, that shit got on my drum kit, Duff get over here and help me clean this shit up before it ruins it.” Steven said, Duff hurried over, and tripped over the cord that was running from the amp to Izzy’s guitar and ripped it out.

“What the fuck Duff, watch where you’re going!” Izzy told Duff as he bent down and plugged his guitar back in.

“Guys, Axl, Slash. Shut up!” I roared at them, of course they ignored me, typical Axl. Shaking my head I put both of my pinkies in my mouth and blew hard. That whistle sure as hell got their attention, in fact I wouldn’t have been surprised if it got the people outside’s attention. “Thank you, now I don’t know if any of you are aware of this but it’s already after eight. So you might want to get your asses out there before there’s a fucking riot.” I said.

“But.” Slash started pointing at Axl.

“I don’t care, just get out there and perform; we can discuss this stuff later.” I said cutting him off. He grumbled to himself, before grabbing his guitar.

“She’s right you guys, we’d better get out there.” Axl said, adjusting his bandana, which he had found somewhere. He looked around and the rest of the band grumbled in agreement.

“Well, look at how lively they are today.” I said to Axl who let out a chuckle.

“I know and I have to deal with this every day.” Axl replied.

“Just get out there and get some broads.” I told the rest of them, who looked very happy at that. Duff walked past me to his bass and picked it up.

“Fine, let’s go you guys.” Duff said looking at them.

“Sure.”Izzy said as him and Steven exchanged a glance

“What the hell it’s not like I’m doing anything better tonight.” Slash said lazily as he grabbed his guitar.

“Let’s go.” Axl said impatiently as he stomped his foot, the others sighed as they walked away until only Duff remained.

“Love, ya.” He said to me as he stepped forward kissed my cheek and then followed the others. Not knowing what to do I followed them, while ahead of me I heard the opening riff of Sweet Child O’ Mine start. I stopped then when I could see the fans, screaming, Steven on his drums and Izzy playing guitar. Axl started to sing, my god his voice had gotten much better since the last time I had seen him. Slash was playing guitar like he had been born too. As Axl sang the final note the crowd burst into applause and they began their next song. That was the pattern for the next two and a half hours until Axl thanked everyone for coming and then he and the rest of the band walked offstage. The crowd was clapping, cheering, screaming and generally making racket.

“So how long are we gonna let them scream before we go back out?” Slash asked Axl.

“I don’t know until it starts to get quiet, then we’ll go out.” Axl replied with a laugh. We waited a few minutes while they chatted amongst themselves, the crowd kept on cheering for at least another five minutes until they started to quiet down.

“We should go back out there.” Izzy said quietly looking at Axl.

“Yeah we should, but maybe we should bring someone else out too.” Axl replied just as quietly then looked at me.

“Uh, no I’m not going out there.” I said firmly, “especially with you guys.”

“Awe, come on Rox it’ll be fun.” Duff begged as he slung his arm around his neck.

“Duff, I’m not going out there, I don’t know the words, I don’t know what I’m doing even!” I exclaimed.

“I will drag you out there because if I have to I will.” Axl said seriously as the rest of the band nodded in agreement.

“Guys I don’t even know the words to the song.” I told them in a pleading tone.

“That is the biggest bullshit ever. All you have to do is say, take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty. Then at the end say take me home, oh won’t you please take me home, that’s it. C’mon babe it’s easy.” Duff said as he gave me one of those puppy dog looks.

“Duff, no I’m not going out there, not tonight, maybe at a different concert, go now, before everyone leaves.” I said to him.

“Tomorrow, will you?” Duff asked.

“Maybe.” Was my answer.

“Say, yes and then we’ll go.” Duff argued.

“Fine, tomorrow I’ll come on stage with you.” I said giving up. He and Axl exchanged a sly smile before they nodded and ran back out on stage. Within a few moments I heard the opening chords of Paradise City; of course I was lying when I said I didn’t know the words. I could’ve sung the words to that song off by heart, along with every other Guns N’ Roses song and it wasn’t that I couldn’t sing because I could. I just didn’t want to go out and sing in front of thousands of people, it just wasn’t my style, Axl was always the one who wanted to be noticed, who wanted to sing in front of lots of people and be famous. I was more of the wallflower type, who didn’t want to be noticed. From the stage I could hear the final notes of the song then Axl laughing telling the crowd how they would love to stay but they had to go back on tour and all that shit. The crowd screamed and cheered as they walked off.

“And were done!” Steven yelled as he appeared backstage.

“Finally.”Izzy said as he fell into a chair.

“Someone get me a bottle of vodka.” Slash said with a laugh as he gently put his guitar down

“Ah, no vodka until we’re back at the trailer.” I told them as they let out a simultaneous moan, “oh come on back to the trailer lazy asses.”

“Fine,” Izzy said as he stood back up, “let’s go back to the trailer so we can drink.” He said resulting in a cheer from the others.

“Let’s go babe.” Duff told me as he slung his arm around my shoulder. “Actually, you should wear this; I think it’ll look better on you.” He said with a grin as he moved his arm from my shoulder then in one smooth motion took his bass off and then put it around me.

“Duff,” I groaned as he put the bass on me, and then slung his arm around.

“C’mon lovebirds back to the trailer.” Axl yelled from outside, Duff and I shared a look before he let out a laugh as we began to walk towards the trailer.

“Do we have to!?” I yelled at Axl.

“Yes, get over here now or else I’m gonna have to come an’ get ya!” Axl hollered back.
I shared a look with Duff, “we’d better go now before he gets us.” I whispered to him, as he smiled at me.

“Let’s go and we began walking back towards the trailer. This time though it was quiet and uneventful, there was no flashing cameras and no annoying photographers. It was nice, there was no noise and we were alone. It didn’t take long until we got to the trailer. You could hear the rest of band shouting from a good twenty feet outside the trailer. I took a few more steps towards the door before I noticed that Duff was no longer beside me, I turned to him and shot him a questioning look, which he smiled at.

“I don’t want to go inside just yet.” He explained.

“Well what do you want me to do with your bass guitar?” I asked, the guitar was starting hurt my shoulders with the strap digging in.

“Uh, just open the door and stand it up in there, they’ll find it eventually and take good care of it.” Duff told me, I shrugged before peeling it off my shoulders then opening the door and gently placing it upright inside. I shut the door quietly before walking back to Duff, who put his arm around me.

“What’s up?” I asked, his featured were tightened, like something was wrong.

“Nothing,” he shrugged as we walked away from the trailer and the stage.

“Liar, we wouldn’t be out here if everything was ok, what’s wrong.” I told him. “Look at me,” I said as I grabbed his chin and pulled it up so he was looking at me.

“Nothing, I just wish.” He started before stopping suddenly and looking at me.

“Wish what?” I said as I leaned forward and brushed some hair out of his face for what seemed like the millionth time.

“Never mind it’s not important.” He answered quickly then looked away

“Please tell me what’s wrong, I can help, or at least try too.” I gently brushed my fingernails over his cheek. “Please Andrew, please.”

“You, you can’t help with this, it’s something that I need to figure out on my own.” He murmured to me. I thought that I heard the faintest echo of a moan in his throat. “God-dammit Rox, get those nails away from me!” He snapped, I withdrew my hands like I’d been slapped, “Rox, I’m sorry. I- I lost my temper.” He said as he turned to me. I didn’t answer instead I shook my head and then moved away from him as his arm fell limply to his side.

“I’m going back to the trailer,” I said lamely then turned around and started to walk away.

“Roxanne, come back. I’m sorry.” I heard Duff call from behind me; I rolled my eyes and ignored him. Behind me I heard him swear and then him kick something and then swear again. It didn’t take me very long to get back to the trailer and in one smooth motion pulled open the door walked in and then slammed it behind me.

“And here are the lovebirds.” Axl said with a laugh.

“Actually it’s just one of them.” I replied as I stomped up the steps.

“Where’s Duff?” Izzy asked me with a slight slur to his words, he was drunk, more like wasted actually.

“Outside.” Was my answer as I fell into a seat which also held an empty pizza box, I jumped up in surprise. “Is it possible that you guys could keep this clean for a little while at least?” I asked looking around. As a response they shook their heads. I groaned, no-one else was going to keep this place clean which meant I would have to. Slowly I started picking up the beer empty beer and vodka bottles, I was just getting into it when Duff walked in. Rolling my eyes I dropped the garbage bag that I had been holding.

“I’m going to bed.” I announced then walked into the room that Duff had said earlier was ours. Muttering to myself I took off my shirt and pants then climbed into bed. I waited patiently for sleep to come but it never did, outside the room I could hear the guys laughing and talking. Then well after midnight Duff announced that he was going to bed, the others laughed and teased him. Quickly I shut my eyes and pretended that I was asleep, one of the last things I needed right now was for talk about things. I heard him sigh before I heard the zipper whirl. He clambered into bed beside me and hesitantly wrapped his arms around.

“I’m sorry Rox, I really am. Please forgive me.” He said out loud, “I love you.” He murmured to me after a moment. A few moments later he was snoring softly, then without thinking I turned so that I was facing him and snuggled up against his warm chest. Then a few moments later the eternal darkness of the night swallowed me up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm pretty sure that this is the longest chapter I've written, so enjoy

Chapter Name:
Highway To Hell
AC/DC