Let Me Perfect It

A Story

Image

Sophie's POV:

Chloe left to leave the bus no doubt to go find Brendon but before leaving she came close and whispered in my ear "You could try being a little nicer Sophie,he isn't Rick or Sue"

I looked at her and nodded. She was right, I was too mean to William a lot of the time. I sighed and looked over at him and then down at our hand cuffed hands "Sorry" I muttered.

I didn't look up but I could tell William he was looking at me surprised.

"What?'

I looked up at him awkwardly and repeated "I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"Being such a bitch all the time. Chloe is right you didn't do anything wrong"

William just stared at me in disbelief. I didn't blame him if he didn't accept my apology, I had been really mean to him. For no real reason but that i didn't want him getting close to me. I never wanted anyone to get close to me. I had learned young that when you loved someone they left you.

"William?"

"Y-Yes?"

I stood up, him following me when I lightly pulled on his wrist "I'm going to tell you something I only ever told the girls. I'm going to trust you with my deepest secret, the reason i am the way I am."

William nodded not seeming to understand why I was being this way all of a sudden. I didn't even understand, I just knew this is what I needed to do.

I led him to the back room of the bus and shut the door, sitting down next to him on the couch. I sighed and began telling my story.

"I was seven and living with my parents in Washington" I began "I didn't know what was going on at the time, my mom had said something to me about a boarding school."

"They put you in boarding school?" William asked.

I shook my head "No, a child might think that but it was an orphanage. I was there for three years straight before I was put in a foster home, and those never lasted long. It was only until I became use to the people who took me in and started to trust them did they kick me out like the family before them and my parents."

"Do you know why your parents did that?"

I shook my head "I have no idea. I tried to find them after I turned 18 through the orphanage they had stuck me in, but they told me my parents didn't want any contact with me. I soon learned that just not trusting people was the best way to keep from getting hurt. So that's it, that why I am the way I am. The cold bitter bitch you see before you"

William did something I hadn't expected, he pulled into a hug.

After everything I had done to him, he was showing me sympathy.

"I'm sorry Sophie" he said softly looking me in the eyes.

"You didn't do anything" I answered "I should be apologizing for the way I've been treating you"

"You already did" he answered resting a hand on my cheek "and I forgive you"

I smiled lightly as we looked at each other, not really a stare more of a 'I'm content being here with you' look if that makes any since. For that moment I had dropped are my walls and protection. I was enjoying being near William, the sweet boy I had refused to let myself see.

"Sophie?"

"Yes?"

"If I kiss you will you slap me again" he asked his eyes flickering to my lips and then back to my eyes once more.

I shook my head "Not this time"

His smile grew wide before he pressed his lips to mine in a soft sweet kiss and this time I kissed back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if I like this chapter or not =/
What do you think?

Anyway new story by Jessica and me
Awkward And Youthful