Let Me Perfect It

What's With Him?

Image

Sophie's POV

Venue 1. House of Blues - Chicago

Our band was the first ones to do sound check, seeing as we would be the first ones to play tonight. It was far more simple than I had expected, all we had to do was play one song while the techs made sure the speakers and such were working fine with my voice and the rest of the girl's instruments.

As soon as we were done I was off stage and looking for some form of entertainment.

"I'm Angie" I heard a voice say in a flirty tone.

I shook my head an sighed as i got closer to the voices.

"William" the other voice answered sounding bored.

"You have an amazing voice William" Angie giggled moving closer to William.

He raise an eyebrow at her "Uh thanks" he answered before turning and walking away.

I almost laughed at the look on Angie's face. she was not the kind of girl who was use to being turned down by anyone. What Angie wanted, Angie got. It had always been that way, but it would seem that was about to change.

"Hey Angie" I smiled leaning in the doorway.

She turned a glare on me "I know what you a re going to say Sophie and I'm not listening to you this time"

I shrugged "What was I going to say?"

"That I should stay away from William"

I sighed "Hes an ass and way too cocky Angie"

"You're not my mother Sophie" Angie hissed.

I sighed "Do as you want but I'm warning you its a bad idea Angie, I just don't want to see you get hurt"

Her face softened a little "I know, but seriously Sophie the girls and I are old enough to know who we should and should not date"

"Not all of us" i sighed.

Angie and I just stared at each other both of us thinking about Chloe. She deserved so much better. It wasn't until she had come home with her first black eye had I gotten so protective of everyone.

"I'll lighten up a little, but seriously Angie you can do way better"

"It doesn't get better than that" she smirked tilting her head in the direction of which William had left. "See you later" and with that she took off to no doubt follow William.

I shook my head and sighed.

What Angie wanted Angie got.

I walked towards the room we had been shown to hang out in until the show started in a few hours. When I got there only William (no Angie in sight) and Spencer, the drummer for Panic! At The Disco.

"Hey there" Spencer smiled nicely.

"Hi" I smiled back and sat down next to him on the couch. "I'm Sophie"

"Spencer" he answered nodding.

"What the hell?"

Spencer and I both looked at William.

"What?"

"Why are you nice to him but you hate me?" William asked looking annoyed.

I looked at him for a moment before answering "Because you are William Beckett and he is Spencer Smith"

"What the hell does that have to do with anything?"

I shrugged and turned back to Spencer "So you play Drums right?"

Spencer smiled, seeming amused by William's annoyance and confusion. "Yeah. Have you ever heard any of my band's music?"

I turned my head at the sound of the door slamming when William left the room.

"Whats his problem?" Spencer asked.

I shrugged "No idea, I think he is mad that he couldn't catch me in Hide And Seek"

"Oh" Spencer answered looking confused for a moment.

"Have you seen William?" Angie asked opening the door.

"Just missed him" I answered.

Angie sighed and closed the door again.

Spencer started laughing.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Beautiful girl like that and she is going after William?" he smiled "That guy wouldn't notice a girl like him even if she told him."

I smiled. Why couldn't Angie go after a guy like Spencer? He was really nice and seemed like a sweet guy unlike Beckett.

"One Last Request has five minutes" a guy said looking into the room and then shut the door again.

I stood up a nd sighed "I guess thats me"

"First time playing on a tour?" Spencer asked.

I nodded.

"Nervous?"

I scoffed "Me? Nervous?" then after a moment I added "Yes"

"Don't worry" Spencer smiled "By the way you sounded at sound check they a re going t o love your band"

I smiled "Thanks Spencer."