Status: indefinitely on hold. draft got destroyed, and I just don't think I can go on...sorry ):

The Little Things

the Diggory house.

Fred and Elise were walking through the village. Fred was pointing out buildings to her. “That’s the Lovegood’s house, they have a really peculiar daughter named Luna.” He said. They stopped in their tracks. A modest home was over the hill, with the chimney spitting out smoke. “That’s the Diggory house.” He said. Elise pulled something out of her pocket; she was hoping Fred would bring her here. “Can we stop there? I have something for Mr. and Mrs. Diggory.”

She pulled out a picture; it was her, Fleur, Viktor, and Cedric. Harry hardly hung out with them because he was so much younger. They were sitting by the lake, basking in the hot weather. Fred smiled. “Was this during that free period I had potions?” he asked. She nodded. Fred nodded also and pulled her up the hill.

They rang the doorbell, and a short woman with Cedric’s bronze hair opened. “Oh, Fred Weasley! It’s been such a long time since I’ve seen you…ever since the funeral I suppose. Come in, dearies.” She said. “Who’s at the door, dear-oh hello Fred, hello Elise.” He said. Mrs. Diggory sat down. “Dear, this is one of Cedric’s friends from Beauxbatons. She’s going into her seventh year.” He said.

Mrs. Diggory smiled. “Hello dear. Now, what brings you here for a visit? Shouldn’t you two be enjoying summer?” she asked. Elise gulped. “Well, I wanted to bring you something. You see, Cedric, Fleur, Viktor, and I would always hang out by the Black lake; I was in advanced classes so I had an extra free period with the seventh years. I had this picture taken, and Cedric always wanted me to give him a copy…just I never got the chance.”

Mrs. Diggory looked at the picture and laughed. “Oh dear, look at Cedric. What a mess.” She said, watching as he fell into the water. Mr. Diggory laughed. “He looked so young. He looked so happy.” And without warning, both Mr. and Mrs. Diggory hugged Elise. “Thank you. We’ll put it up at once.” She said.

And that night, Fred and Elise left the Diggory house quite satisfied and happy.

*~*~*~*

It was well into July, and Elise’s birthday was the next day. Mr. and Mrs. Seymour were going on a trip to Japan, so Elise would stay the rest of summer holidays with the Weasleys. They were staying in London in a friend’s house, apparently.

Mrs. Seymour gave Elise the key to her vault and kissed her goodbye before departing for their friend’s house in Japan. Elise sighed. “I can’t believe they forgot it’s my bloody birthday this week.” She muttered. She locked the doors of her house and went to the Weasleys.

“Ah, hello dear. We have a bed set up for you in Ginny’s room.” Mrs. Weasley said cheerfully. “Are you sure I’m not going to be any trouble, Mrs. Weasley?” Elise asked. Mrs. Weasley laughed and patted her cheek. “Not at all, darling, now go upstairs and wash up before dinner.” She said.

Elise laughed. Elise’s mother was always there if she needed clothes or boy advice. Mrs. Weasley was always going to be the mom that stood by her side at all times and never left her-even for a three month long excursion in Japan looking for the highest quality pearls.

She walked up the stairs, and immediately ran into Ron. “Hey Ron.” She said happily. Ron smiled. “I’m writing to Harry; do you want me to tell him you say hello?” he asked. She nodded. He did in return, and then went downstairs.

Charlie had taken off for Romania again, and Bill was in London, so there was an empty room. She passed it and walked across Fred and George’s room. “No no, too much in that!” she heard George say. There was a loud boom. Ginny’s door burst open from the floor above and she looked down the stairs. “Shut up the lot of you!” she yelled. “Oh, Elise, come upstairs!”

Elise ran up the creaky stairs and joined Ginny in her room. It wasn’t pink and filled with fluffy toys as she remembered. “Big changes since you were eight, eh?” she asked. Ginny blushed. “Let’s just say I grew out of pink.”

*~*~*~*

“Here, blow out the cake, darling.” Mrs. Weasley said. Elise looked at the cake ecstatically. It was a beautiful light blue and gold, just as her room at Beauxbatons had been. It sparkled, and her name was written clearly with silver icing. She blew out all seventeen candles, and everyone clapped. Ginny and Ron were the first to give their gift.

“Here, we got it at a muggle shop. It isn’t much, but it’s your favorite colors, blue and gold.” She said. Elise hugged Ginny and Ron tightly. Next, Mr. Weasley gave her a box. She opened it. “It’s from Fleur and Bill.” He said. She saw a magnificent silver hairbrush. “It’s supposed to do your hair whatever way you want it. According to the letter Bill sent, it even curls your hair.” Arthur said, amused. George and Fred gave her a box of canary creams. “It’s for your pranking pleasure at Hogwarts.” George added. “Fred wants to give you his gift later.” He said, winking. Next, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley handed her a small jewelry box. “It’s from your parents; they asked me to save it for you until your actual birthday.” She said. Elise opened the velvet box.

Inside was the most magnificent silver diamond necklace. “As it is tradition for young men to receive gold watches on their seventeenth birthdays, it is a young woman’s tradition to receive a diamond necklace.” Mrs. Weasley added. Everyone gasped at it. It was a thin chain, but it was still strong enough to hold the huge Victorian diamond cluster. “Your mother said it belonged to your grandmother.” Mr. Weasley said.

Mrs. Weasley cleared her throat. “And seeing as you’re essentially a part of our family, we’ve gotten you something to go along with your necklace.” She said. Elise gasped. “Oh Mrs. Weasley, you didn’t have to.” She said. Mr. Weasley brushed her away. “Elise, please, take it. You’re like a second daughter to us.”

Mrs. Weasley opened a box and a little heart lay inside of it. A miniscule diamond was inside. “Now I know it isn’t much compared to that sparkler your parents gave you, but it’s something from the heart.” She said. Elise was in floods of tears and she jumped up to hug both Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. “Thank you so much. I love you so much.” She blubbered.

They patted her back, and sat down happily.

*~*~*~*

Fred pulled her into his bedroom. It smelled even more heavily of smoke. “I wanted to give this to you without everyone watching.” He muttered. Out of his back pocket, he pulled out another velvet box. Oh no, more jewelry. He opened it, revealing a small silver ring. “It’s not much, but I just wanted something that says everything.” He said.

“And what would it be saying right now?” she breathed. His face got closer and closer. “It would be saying I love you right now, and that I’ll never ever leave you.”

With that, she kissed Fred passionately.
♠ ♠ ♠
whoa, i've updated every day for almost a week. go me! I might have this done in about...two to three weeks if i update every day, maybe twice a day.