Status: indefinitely on hold. draft got destroyed, and I just don't think I can go on...sorry ):

The Little Things

Number 12 Grimmauld Place.

For the last month before school started, they left the burrow. “Dear, Fred will be apparating besides you.” Mrs. Weasley told Elise. Elise, who’d already trained in apparition, had apparated many times before. She just needed to take the test at the ministry, which Mr. Weasley promised to take her to when they got to London.

Fred held her hand and he apparated; Elise hated the feeling at first, but she’d gotten so used to it that it didn’t bother her anymore. George arrived seconds later with Ginny. Ron appeared by floo powder with some of their luggage, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley appeared with the last of their trunks.

A scraggly man appeared in front of them. Elise held Fred tighter. “Hey Sirius.” Fred said. Elise didn’t grip him as much. Even though she’d known Sirius Black was on their side for quite some time, it still made her shiver to see him. Sirius shook his hand. “Ah, and this is the lovely Elise you speak about. I believe we met last spring; I don’t think you were too pleased to see me.” He joked. Elise laughed and shook his hand. “Sorry, just a little shaken.” She said.

Within minutes, she was introduced to Kingsley Shacklebolt, Nymphadora Tonks (who simply went by Tonks), and Remus Lupin. She felt oddly comfortable around them. “Arthur, I bring grave news.” Kingsley said. “Harry has been expelled from Hogwarts.” He said grimly.

Everyone stood up. “How?” Ginny asked. Kingsley shook his head. “Harry saved his cousin from dementors; the ministry thought he was just trying to scare him off. Dumbledore has gotten them to have a trial, but all signs are pointing badly from here, Arthur.” Kingsley said.

*~*~*~*
Harry was brought to Grimmauld place. He walked up the stairs after being shut out by Mrs. Weasley. He opened a door, and Hermione flew into his arms. “Harry! Are you alright? The ministry can’t do this to you.” She wailed. Harry looked at his two best friends, upset. “You guys haven’t said a thing.” He said shrilly. Ron looked guilty. “Dumbledore told us not to.”

Fred and George apparated into the room. “Hi Harry.” They said. Elise and Ginny walked in. “I suppose you’re going to do that all the time now.” Elise smirked. “Happy belated birthday, Harry.” She said, giving him a hug. Harry returned it. “You too, Elise; nice necklace.” He added.

She smiled widely. “Thanks.”

*~*~*~*
After a sad attempt to spy on the adults, they were allowed down. They ate, and discussed Voldemort until Mrs. Weasley grew uneasy. The rest of the time at Grimmauld place went as usual; Fred and George pranking everyone except Elise. Mr. Weasley was bringing Elise and Harry to the ministry.

They rushed to the Department of Ministries; Harry was late for trial. “Wait here for us, Elise.” He said to her. She stood in the dark corridor as Mr. Weasley and Harry walked towards a door. She shivered; it was rather scary. She heard voice carrying, and two men walked past her.

“Ah, look what we have here. Is this an intern for the Department of Mysteries?” the blond asked. The other man, whom she recognized as the Minister of Magic, squinted. “No, I don’t believe so. Who are you, dear?” he asked. Elise blushed. “Elise Seymour, sir. My father works in the Department of International Magical Cooperation sir; he was a representative of the Ministry of Magic in France.” She said.

The minister eased up. “Ah, you are the daughter of Robert Seymour; yes, yes, I do believe I know him very well. Lucius, this is Elsie, I believe?” he asked. Elise shook her head. “No, Elise.” She corrected, flashing a brilliant smile. Fudge gasped, and smirked. “Ah, now I see. Yes, I did hear Robert had the most beautiful daughter.” He said, in a tone that made Elise uncomfortable. “I do believe you’re seventeen now?” he asked. She nodded. “Yes, I just turned seventeen three weeks ago.” She said. He nodded. “Happy belated birthday. You’re in your seventh year at Beauxbatons, I assume?” he asked. She shook her head. “Father wants me to attend Hogwarts now. He believes that my time there last year was very influential.” She said.

Fudge smiled. “Well, we do have the finest Defense against the Dark Arts teacher coming in. You know, I heard from some officials in France that you are Madame Maxime’s favorite pupil.” He said. Elise blushed. “I don’t think so; she just treats me kindly. She’s like an aunt to me.”

“Ah, Elise, there you are! Oh, hello Minister. Hello Lucius.” Mr. Weasley said. Fudge smiled at him. “Weasley, hello. Anyway, I hope I’ll be seeing you interning here in the future, Elise.” He said, winking. Fudge walked into the court room.

Lucius cleared his throat. “Well, Weasley, you shouldn’t be leaving such a beautiful specimen alone in a big place; she could get lost, or otherwise, taken away.” He mentioned.

*~*~*~*

“YAY FOR HARRY!” Sirius cried. Harry was acquitted of all crime, and Elise had passed her apparition test. She now apparated to a seat next to Fred. “Can’t believe it, not even one mess up. Dad said the man taking the test called you fluid.” George snorted.

Elise rolled her eyes and fiddled with the silver ring Fred had given her.

She was heading off to Hogwarts in a few days. She would be with her best friends in the (second) most majestic castle she’d ever seen in her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
mmmm...i gotta feeling.
whooo whooo.
that tonights gonna be a good night.
cause i'm updating this three times.
so comment and sub tonight.

that's right, my own lyrics to I've Gotta Feeling. Be jealous.