Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

"I just never say no."

You say he’s just a friend, oh baby you, you got what I ne- “Hello?” I asked from my spot on the diving board. I was sitting on the edge starring at my reflection waiting for something to come of it for the past twenty minutes. “Where the hell are you?!” “Starring at my reflection…Hey Kev I have a question.” I said. “What?” He asked clearly confused. “Do you think it’s completely crazy if I just jump in with all my clothes on?” I asked. “What are you talking about Ally?” He asked, I could hear people in the background. “Well I’ve been sitting here pissed off at your brother for like what twenty minutes? And I’ve just been starring at myself in the water…well I wanna go in now.” I said. I heard him laugh. “Your sitting on the diving board…Ally come back up here. Mitchel and Miley are here.” “Is she being over dramatic again?” I heard Nick ask in the background. “Nick shut up. Ally come on up!” Kevin said. “I think, I’m gonna jump in first.” I said standing up. I curled my toes over the edge of the rough diving board. “Ally don’t you dare!” I heard him shout. “Ally if you jump I swear!” “Where are you?” I asked looking around. “Up.” He said I tilted my head up and I finally spotted him. I laughed, “Kev your hair looks a litte unrully from here.” “Shut up!” He said and I watched as he fixed his hair twenty three floors up. “I’m gonna do it” I said in a sing songy voice. I’m just messing with him now. “Ally I’m warning you!” He said and I could see him put his hands up on the window like he was trying to catch me. I kept laughing at him, “You so won’t do it.” I heard. “Whoa Kev, your voice just sounded really diferent.” I said being serious. “I didn’t say anything.” He said. I slowly turned and saw Mitchel standing there with his hands in his pockets smiling. “AH!” I shouted and I hung up my phone. I ran and jumped on him and he spun me around. “Why are you so hyper right now!?” He said laughing and still holding me. “I was in a bad mood but now it’s over and I’m just really happy you’re here!” I said talking fast. “Why were you in a bad mood?” He asked. “Nick.” We said together and laughed. “So wanna go up? They’re waiting so we can go get something to eat.” “Oh yea let’s go.” I said as he linked his fingers with mine.

He started to swat his shorts and I starred at him, “My phone is vibrating” He said hoding it up and I nodded, “It’s Nick?” He said confused as he answered. “Hello?” He opened the door and I walked in ahead of him and he laughed “Nah man I’m not getting in this” He said looking at me. I mouthed what to him and he shook his head. “Then fine here.” He said and gave me his phone, “What?” I said “I knew you wouldn’t jump in.” He said laughing. “Ha really? You out of all people should know I would.” “Nope you wouldn’t.” He said and I stopped and turned around and started walking back to the pool. “Yes I would.” I said. “Al what are you doing?” Mitchel asked. “I’m jumping in the pool because Nick doesn’t think I would.” I said to him and I pushed back open the glass door. “Whoa, whoa not with my phone!” He said taking the phone back. “Why did you tell her to do this?” Mitchel asked as I reached the pool. I tore off my shirt. “Ally what are you doing!?” Mitchel shouted throwing me back my shirt. “Chill. Loosen up! I’m doing this then getting out.” I said taking off my shorts. “You don’t have to do it in your underwear.” He said laughing. “Why are you objecting?” I asked walking to the diving board and he laughed. “I have no idea.” He said dropping my clothes. I looked up and saw Nick, Joe, Kevin, Miley and Nicole all watching. I salluted them and then winked at Mitchel and ran towards the pool and jumped.

I sank to the bottom of the pool letting air out of my lungs and took in the moment. I love the feeling of being surrounded by all the water. I opened my eyes and starred until they started to sting. I pushed off the floor of the pool once my lungs started to cave from lack of oxygen. “Ally Windle you are crazy.” Mitchel said as I surfaced and I smiled, “Am not. I just never say no.” I said and he laughed. I looked up to the window and saw them all laughing and I waved. I swam towards the edge and pulled myself out. “Not gonna lie you look hot right now” Mitchel said and I blushed. “Thanks, not so bad yourself” I said as I pulled on my shirt and shorts. My phone started vibrating and I ignored it. I fipped my head over and shook my wet head and fipped it back over. And the vibrating went off again “Ready?” I asked him, “Not yet” He said stepping closer. I tilted my head confused and then looked up to the room and there was Nick phone attached to his ear calling. I looked back to Mitchel and his lips crashed onto mine. A few seconds later the vibrating ceased and the curtains were pulled shut.

We all were sitting at a fun sports bar catching up and having fun making fun of Kevin’s face when ever he tried to cock an eyebrow. He can’t do it and it’s hilarious to watch him try. “Aright, whatever so I can’t do it!” He said throwing his hands up in the air in defeat as we all laughed. I took a bite of my burger and wipped my mouth. I could feel the ketchup on my cheek and tried to wipe it away. “So wait, what time is your rehersal tomorrow?” Mitchel asked looking over to me. He looked at me as he swallowed his own burger and started to laugh. “What??” I asked. “you have some ketchup on your cheek” He said laughing again. I smiled and wipped the spot he was motioning to. “Still there” He said laughing. I kept trying to wipe off this ketchup that I’m pretty sure wasn’t exsistant. “Here let me” He said taking his napkin and wiping it off my face. “Thanks” I said laughing. “No problem, I know how challenging these things can be for you”. I gasped and smacked him on the arm. “Kidding!” He said and I smiled. “So anyway what time do you have rehersal?” He asked again. “Um Joe do you know what time your rehersal is tomorrow?” I asked him across the table. He shoved a handful of fries into his mouth and muffled “humph free howm” “What?” I asked. “It’s five thirty.” Kevin said starring at his brother in disbelief. “AM?” I asked. “Yep.” “Well obviously since the show starts at seven and we have to arive at six.” A bitter Nick said. “What’s your problem?” I asked at the same time as Joe. “I’m not the one with a problem.” Nick said. “Obviously you are” I said. “Hate you” He said starring me down. “Get over yourself.” I said looking away. “Anyway….I’m excited.” Mitchel said awkwardly. “Me to” I said smiling at him. “Me to. I cannot wait to wear my dress. It is perfect!” Miley said excitedly. “Do you know what I’m in the mood to watch?” I asked her. “What?” she asked. “Baby Siters Club” I said and Nicole and Miley’s eyes both lit up. “YES!” “Isn’t that for like five year olds?” Joe asked. “No!” All three of us shouted. He put up his hands in defense and we laughed.