Status: finished, look for the sequel!

These Things Have Changed

Talking with Joe

I heard the door slam and someone running over towards me. “WAKE UP!” Joe shouted and I shot my eyes open along with Nick. “What’s going on?” I asked quickly while Nick mumbled something no one could ever understand. “MILEY IS GOING TO BE IN HERE IN LIKE POINT TWO SECONDS!!!” Joe shouted grabbing my arm closest to him. He pulled me so fast I flew threw the air and landed on the ground on top of him with a loud thud. “Why is she here already!?!?” Nick shouted jumping up. I picked up my head in confusion. “I didn’t know she was coming today?” I asked more then stated. “Not until three!” Nick shouted rushing to find his phone I’m guessing. “Dude it is three.” Joe said trying to sit up. I was still sprawled out on top of him. Then the door flew open. “JOSEPH ADAM JONAS HOW DARE YOU DO THAT TO ME!” Miley shouted. “Shit.” Joe mumbled trying to hide under me. Didn’t exactly work since I’m only five foot three and Joe is close to six foot if he hasn’t reached it already. “What’d you do?” I asked him with out turning around. “I’LL TELL YOU WHAT HE DID!” “I’M ON THE PHONE IN HERE!” Kevin shouted angrily into us, well to Miley. She smiled meekly, “Sorry Kevin” She said and he smiled realizing it was Miley he just yelled at, not one of us. Then he disappeared behind door number….well his bedroom. I heard a bang and we all looked over towards the bathroom door. Nick was no where in sight….I’m guessing he’s freshening up for girlfriend?

“So wait what did you do?” I asked Joe. “He met me in the lobby-not Nick. He refused to tell me where Nick was or what he was doing that he hasn’t answered his phone all day! Then when we got in the elevator he spun me around and ran out on some random floor! I ran out after him thinking it was your floor but no, it wasn’t! Then I couldn’t find him!! But then I remembered what the woman at the front desk told me so I made it here on my own!” She said very angrily making her way towards Joe and me. We both just starred at her. Then I busted out laughing. “It’s not funny Ally!!!” I just kept laughing at the thought of Joe spinning her around and then taking off and leaving her stranded. It made me laugh harder every time I pictured him spinning her. Joe had started to laugh with me by now and Miley was still upset. “Where is Nicholas!? That’s the only person I want to see!!” She shouted angrily. The door opened behind her and out walked Nick. He was wearing new clothes and had dry toothpaste on his chin and his hair was still a bad case of bed head. “I’m right here” Nick said and I watched as Miley’s face lit up and she turned around. I watched in silence as Nick’s smile spread across his face. I looked away before getting to worked up over the thought that I used to have that affect on him. I was the girl he laughed with, made fun of, cried in front of, and told all his dreams and deepest fears to. I was the girl he loved with all his heart. “Hey smile Al.” Joe whispered to me and I looked up and he wiped away the stray tear from my cheek. “Can we get away from them?” I asked quietly. “Yea, you read my mind.” He said making me laugh. He stood up and grabbed my hands and we ran past the “Happy Couple” that were kissing. I tried not to vomit on the way out.

“But Ally you have Mitchel I don’t understand why you got so upset” Joe said talking to me in his room. “Joe, I know. Just imagine if you saw Nicole kissing someone else.” I said and he thought for a minute and then he met my eyes. “You love Nick?” He asked. “Joe you heard me a few weeks ago on the bus…” I said and he just starred at me. “I’m head over heals for the boy Joe. I always have been.” “Then I just don’t understand. Why aren’t you the girl he’s sucking face with in there?” I restrained myself from cringing when he mentioned the two of them in MY room. “Because Nick doesn’t want to hurt me anymore because for some reason he always ends up breaking my heart.” I said toying with the hem of my shirt. “So are you just using Mitchel then?” Joe asked and I shot my head up. “God no! Joe I like Mitchel, I really do!” I said quickly. “Okay, okay calm down. I believe you. I think I understand what’s going on now.” He said standing up. “Nick can be such a dumb ass.” He said as he made his way into the small kitchen area. “What do you mean?” I called out to him. I heard him open the fridge and rummaging around. “I mean, you two were totally meant to be, anyone could see that. You are perfect for each other, you aren’t afraid to speak your minds or hurt each other’s feelings when you’re fighting. You both know all of each other’s faults, secrets, and biggest regrets and yet you still love each other. I mean like you’d have to be stupid not to see it.” “Joe that was really, really sweet and all….but it’s not helping the situation.” I said watching as he walked back in to the room and sat down in the chair across from me.

He had come back with a sandwich and bottle of water. “Sorry, just letting you know what I think.” He said with his mouth full and I laughed. “Where’s Nicole?” I asked. “Hair cut.” He said and I nodded. “How long do you think until I can go back to my room?” I asked. “Well you could go over and be all like- yo this is my hiz-ouse. Get yo ass out and in your own room across the hall bitches” Joe said in a girly voice and I laughed at him and he smiled. “Wish I could Joe, wish I could.” I said flipping on the TV. “You two looked cute by the way” He said randomly ten minutes later. “What are you talking about?” I asked highly confused. “You and Nick, asleep on the couch.” He said. “I can’t believe we slept until three” I said reading the description of the episode of Cold Case that’d be coming on in a few minutes. “We all decided you guys looked way to cute to wake you. And I know you wouldn’t have wanted to be woken up anyway.” He said and I rolled my eyes. “Did you all like just creep on us or something?!” I asked jokingly. “Only long enough until we decided to let you sleep.” He said shrugging. “Joe!” I gasped and he looked over at me, “What?” He asked. “You guys are so creepy!!” I said and he laughed and grabbed the remote from me. “Yea, but we’re family. Deal with it.” He said and I laughed. “True. Hey leave this on! I wanna watch this!” I said, as Joe was about to change to ESPN. “Ugh fine.” He said leaving on Cold Case. “Thanks.” I said smiling at him, he just stuck his tongue out at me and I laughed.