Status: Active.

Match Maker, Heart Breaker

six.

Hogsmede weekends were one of the best parts of going to Hogwarts. It was Saturday morning and Eloise and I were getting ready for the trip into Hogsmede. We were heading in with Fred and George. Then we were meeting up with Sam and Penni for lunch at The Three Broomsticks.

It had been a few days since Fred and I became ‘official’ and things were going really well. Eloise was ecstatic when she found out. I felt happy. Not that I wasn’t happy with Matt, but I guess I was just more comfortable with Fred. There was no best friend/boyfriend hate and I could really be myself around him.

“You ready Audrey?” El asked from outside the bathroom. Placing the curling iron down and flicking it off, I walked out to see my best friend.
“Let’s go meet the boys.” I smiled and we exited the dorm. The boys were sitting around playing exploding snap waiting for us. Spotting us they made their way over. Fred placed a kiss on my lips and smiled. I returned his smile.

“You look amazing.” He grinned.
“You always say that.” I replied. “But thank you.”
“Oh god we weren’t that bad when we started dating were we El?” George groaned causing El to slap him on the arm lightly.
“Let them be you big goof.” She laughed. “It’s better than dealing with your brother being all depressed and forever alone.”

Fred and I laughed. Then placing my hand in his we walked out of the portrait hole and down the stairs. We met up with everyone attending the trip outside the main entrance to Hogwarts. Professor McGonagall marked off our names and we began the walk to Hogsmede.

With George and El being way ahead of us, Fred and I took our time at the back of the group.
“You have no idea how many times I have walked behind you and Matt or even George and El, wishing that was you and me.” Fred admitted.
I smiled up at him. “You’re just a bit cute.”
“Just a bit huh?” I nodded at him. “We’ll see about that!”
With that he lifted me up off the ground chucking me over his shoulder. I screamed rather loudly, causing many of the other students to look over at us. He then began running around with me and spinning in circles.
“Mr. Weasley!” McGonagall shrieked. “Place Miss Hathaway on the ground right this moment!”
Fred placed me down in the snow softly. Grabbing his arm to keep my balance, I laughed.
“You alright?” He grinned down at me.
“You made me dizzy!” I laughed.
“I do have that affect on people.” Fred pretended to flick his hair. He then grabbed my hand as we continued to walk towards Hogsmede.

It was about a 15 minute walk from Hogwarts until we finally reached Hogsmede. George and El had decided to go off and do their own thing and then meet up with us at The Three Broomsticks for lunch. This was after the good half an hour the twins had spent in Zonko’s joke shop. They practically brought the entire store.
Fred and I headed down the main street. We didn’t really do anything that day. We just talked. It was nice.

“Nice split lip Weasley.”
Both Fred and I turned around to see Matt smirking at us. I rolled my eyes as Fred’s grip on my hand suddenly tightened.
“It’s a right sight better than your black eye Malfoy.” Fred retorted.
“Fred, let’s go.” I said, tugging at his arm. Like hell I wanted a repeat of what happened not even a week ago.
“Witty.” Matt laughed. “How’s my left over’s taste?” Matt motioned to me.
“Fuck off Matt.” I growled at him. This was just pathetic and low of him. My god, why did I even date him in the first place.
“Audrey, Audrey, Audrey.” He smirked walking up to me and his hand down my cheek. “How you doing with the downgrade?”
“Get your hands of my girlfriend.” Fred spat at him, stepping in front of me. “Unless you want another black eye that is.”
“Such a pity.” Matt laughed. “She was such a good fuck too.”
With that Fred lunged forward. “Fred!” I yelled, pulling him back. “He’s not worth it. Please.”
“You ever talk about her like that again you are dead, you hear me Malfoy.” Fred threatened, before I pulled him away.
“If you ever get tired of the redhead, you know where I am!” Matt called after us.
Before Fred could yell back or go after him, I pulled him into a hug. “Don’t.”
“You slept with him Audrey?” He exclaimed. “Really?”
I sighed. “I’m sorry.”
“I just. . . I never would have thought that you would. I mean he’s Matt Malfoy for Christ sake!” Fred shook his head and sighed.
“I regret it.” I admitted. “Even when I was with him, I regretted it.”
Fred looked up at me. “Then why did you keep doing it?”
“Because it made me feel needed.” I sighed. “Plus like I was gonna turn down Matt Malfoy and life to see the day.”
“Come on.” He sighed. “We have to meet the others for lunch.”
Fred began to walk off. I felt horrible. I felt like he hated me for it. I didn’t even get the chance to tell him myself, Matt had to go blurt it out.
“Fred.” I called after him. He turned around to face me. “I’m so sorry.”
“I know.” He sighed. “I just think I need for it to sink in.”

Lunch was uneventful. Fred sat quietly in the corner for the majority of the time. I kept up my best smile for lunch with Penni and Sam. They seemed nice. We got to know them a little more and talked about a bunch of different things. Sam was fairly interested in the twins and their pranks, while El, Penni and I talked about some of the girls at school and other girl like things. At around 3 we said out goodbyes to Sam and Penni who headed back to Hogwarts. We figured we should do the same.
Just after we got out of the door, El pulled me to the side. Fred walked ahead of us and George waited for El.
“What happened?” She asked, concern filling her voice.
Shaking my head I replied. “Nothing.”
“Talk to me baby girl.” She pulled me into a hug. “You look like you are gonna burst into tears!”
“When we get back to the castle okay?” I replied. “I don’t wanna burst out here okay?”
She nodded. “I love you.”

As soon as we got back to the castle, I headed straight for the dorm. El said her goodbyes to George and then followed me up. I lay on my bed, not wanting to move.
“What happened?” She asked sitting next to me.
“Matt told Fred that we slept together.” I sighed.
“What?!” She asked shocked. “Why is he mad at you over that?”
“He said he needs time for it to sink in.”
“Oh sweetie.” She pulled me into a hug. “It will all work out okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Idols and Anchors - Parkway Drive.
Now, your heroes have fallen. Championless, The seas are rising. . .

Is this an update?! I think it is! Would you believe me if I said there would be another one up tomorrow? Because there will be! I also changed all the titles of the chapters, and and fixing the layout soon!
Audrey's Outfit
If you haven't already, check out my new Cedric Diggory story Always Attract