London Calling

Teenage dreams

I was still sat in Brian’s room after everyone left so he could get dressed, I was kind of hoping that I would get to see some of the good stuff. It had been a while; I was starting to get desperate. Weirdly enough Brian didn’t seem all that bothered that I hadn’t left, or maybe he just hadn’t noticed. I remained seated in the middle of the floor while he walked around me getting dressed. I hadn’t occurred to be before now how vain he was, almost as much as me, but it’s not possible to be more vain than I am.

He put on a pair of loose fitting black jeans and regular black t-shirt with some random symbol on the front. He continued to prune himself: doing his hair, applying various bits of make-up. All the while not saying anything to me, I didn’t really mind, I like comfortable silences. Just where you don’t have to say anything and you can just be in each other’s presence.

After he finished getting dressed Brian sat down on the floor with me. I didn’t say anything or look at him; I just stared at the strange pattern in the carpet.

“You know you should get dressed. The guys want to check out Camden, see if they can get any cool stuff.” He said while stroking my hair. If this was anyone else I would say they were coming on to me, with Brian it was different. He was always like this to me. We have always been unbelievably close, and no one ever questioned us. Well our friends didn’t, they all saw it as normal. Anyone who doesn’t know us always thought that we were a couple, I mean is it so strange for two guys to have a really close relationship and not be gay. Girls can be uber close and no one will bat an eyelid, why is it gay when it’s guys?

I guess that he noticed I had gotten lost in my thoughts again, so he shuffled around me so I had my back to him, put his legs out around me and pulled me back into a hug. Brian is the only guy I know, except for me that likes to give hugs on a regular basis. He can be such a big softie sometimes. He would even watch really soppy films with me, pretending that it was all for me until once I caught him crying at The Notebook. I should have taken the piss, but it was so cute I just curled up in his arms and fell asleep.

Ok, maybe we do act like a couple but we’re not. Really, if we were you would know about it. But there was that one time, when we first started with Avenged. I went over to his one night to work on some songs, come up with some new riffs and just hang out. It was fine until we started drinking. It was not long after I had told the all my friends that I was into guys as well as girls, things were still awkward, not in a bad way but in a getting used to sort of way.

Brian had been the only one who hadn’t changed the way he acted around me; we were so close that people wondered if he was bi too. Even I did, not that I ever asked him.

That night we got really drunk, for no real reason it just happened. Bri was asking me questions all night about my sexuality; normally I would have gotten pissed off because most people wouldn’t take me seriously. Not him though. He listened carefully to every answer I gave him and tried not to offend me when he thought of a new thing to ask me. This went on for most of the night until he was too drunk to think of any more questions.

By the time, he had run out of questions we were both too drunk to function properly, so we decided we would go to bed. I had a double bed so I didn’t mind sharing with him; I got comfortable and as I started to fall asleep something weird happened. Brian slid his arm around my waist, moving me closer to him. I ran my fingers through his hair and pulled him in for a passionate kiss. I thought he would pull away and go crazy but he didn’t. We ended up making out for the rest of the night, nothing more than that. The next day wasn’t even awkward, even though I woke up in his arms. He kissed me on the forehead and went down to make breakfast. After that we never spoke of it again.

Being in Brian’s arms in his hotel room reminded me of that night, I turned my head to face him. He started to move closer to me but then he stop; he made a face that got me worried.

“What wrong B?”

“Nothing.” He looked worried like he thought he would upset me. “Just that you’re breath kind of stinks”

“Well I was puking my guts up not too long ago.” I joked, as I got up to go to the bathroom. I felt that a cold shower would be the best thing for me; it would wake me up more than anything else. It would also give me time to think, things were getting really weird.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so that was a bit on the sappy side, but I thought I would make something nice and sweet happen for them