London Calling

Living dead

[b]The next morning

I awoke to an empty bed and thoughts of the night before playing through my mind. Had that all really happened? Did we almost get caught out at the club? Did he really tell me that he loved me? I knew the answer to none of these questions, the only thing I could comprehend was that once again I had a hangover and I was going to puke.

I ran out of the room and past Brian, who was holding what could only imagine was breakfast that would have been a lovely surprise if wasn’t for the fact that I felt so sick. Glad that I had actually made it to the toilet this time, I emptied my stomach and rested my head on the side of the bowl. My head was spinning, I could barely think. I wanted to talk things through with Brian but I was in no state forge coherent thought.

“You can come in if you want.” I called out to Brian, he had been hovering in the doorway for a while and it was starting to get on my nerves.

“Are you ok?” He asked, already knowing the answer to my question.

“No, I’m dying! Save me!” Yeah I was blowing things way out proportion but I felt like death. And yes I know it was my own fault for drinking too much, but you know what? Fuck you! In any case, why is he fine? He drank just as much as I did, so why is he all awake and making breakfast? This is so not fair.

“Stop being silly, you’ll live. I got some breakfast. Full English, whenever you’re ready you should eat something.” He cooed, stroking hair out of my face.

We sat in silence for a while; I can only imagine that he was trying to find a good way to bring up last night. At least I hope he was. Maybe he had forgotten, but he wasn’t that drunk. Ok he was, but he usually remembers stuff the morning after he’s been drinking. Then again he could be thinking about nothing, he has a habit of looking like he’s in deep thought when he actually thinking about fuck all. I don’t know how he does it, he must have been born with the gift.

After what felt like years of awkward silence, I felt I needed to do something. This was driving me crazy. I couldn’t go on sitting in silence anymore. However, almost by magic Haner beat me to it. I think he’s a mind reader.

“About last night,” He started. Wow, this doesn’t felt familiar at all. “I’m sorry if I took things too far at the club. It was stupid of me to try it on while we both so drunk, and I should have waited until we were sober to tell you how I feel.”

“It’s ok I mean we were both just as…drunk…as…each…other…wait, what?” I really needed to listen to people more, ‘cause I really don’t think he just said what I thought he just said.

“What did I say wrong?” He looked confused, I couldn’t blame him, I was too.

“You said you wanted to wait to tell me how you feel.”

“Yeah, I vaguely remember hearing you say something last night but it might have been a dream. I said it anyway but I don’t think you heard it. So I decided this morning I would surprise you with breakfast in bed and tell you properly. It didn’t really go how I wanted it to though.”

“So – er – how – um – whatdidyousaylastnight?” My brain was not being kind to me, I was in desperate need of painkillers but I didn’t want to ruin the moment.

“Well I said, in response to what I thought I heard you say. I said that I loved you, well I do love you.” He looked nervously into my eyes, waiting for my response.

“I love you too.” I whispered pulling him in for a kiss.

“Zack?” He said avoiding the kiss.

“What?” I was worried; I couldn’t have fucked it up already.

“Puke Zack.”

“Oh right, sorry.” Relieved I flushed the toilet and got up to brush my teeth.

The tables had now turned and Brian was the one sitting on the floor while I prepared myself for the day. Although he had done it with a lot more style than I had. Still feeling very much like a zombie, I fumbled my way around the bathroom trying not to knock things over and failing miserably.

“So what does this mean for us now?” he mumbled nervously. It had been so long since I had seen him unsure of himself, it was kind of cute.

“I guess we’re a couple, I think. I mean we can take things slow. I know this is all new to you, it’s new to me too, seeing as I’ve never been with my best friend before.” Rambling has always been one of my strong points but I thought that I should quit while I was ahead.

“Well things have been going kind of fast these past couple of days; maybe we should slow things down. Actually there was something I wanted to talk to you about, it’s been on my mind for some time, but I’ve never been able to find out the truth.”

I knew exactly what he was talking about; it was the only secret I had managed to keep from the rest of the guys, which is quite an achievement seeing as we pretty much live in each other’s pockets.

“Sure what do you want to talk about?” The longer I could prolong telling him the truth, the better.”

“Well, um. Let’s leave it for a while, get something to eat first. You must be hungry.” I didn’t know why he was suddenly avoiding it, he would always take every opportunity to get me to tell him the truth, but I was glad that he gave me some more time. “After breakfast though, you promise you will tell what’s been on your mind?” I knew there would be a catch.
“I promise.” There was no way around it, if I wanted things to work between us I couldn’t keep this from him.

“Right, let’s eat.” He grinned getting up and walking towards my room. I sighed and followed him; I wasn’t going to enjoy this one bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right this shall be the build up to Zack's big secret *suspense* but i dont know what it is yet =] I will try to keep it realistic and not be too outrageous but i might make it a bit funny.
In the mean time I hope you like it :D