London Calling

Well it is art

he Tate was bustling with people, the slides were a massive attraction and seeing as it was a Saturday the place was mainly full of teenagers. Thinking that it might be a culture-filled day, Matt picked up a few leaflets about the exhibits, not noticing that Jimmy and Zack had already ran off looking for a way to get on the slides. By the time Matt actually realised they had gone, the pair returned with a bunch of tickets and massive smiles on their faces.

“Did you get them for some of the exhibits? The Gilbert and George one looks good.” Matt was being a massive tourist but he really wanted to see the art that was on show.

“Slides!” Zack, on the other hand was having none of it.

“What are you talking about?” It was clear that Matt had not been paying attention to everyone and everything around him.

“Look, up there!” Zack pointed around the building. There were tubes coming down from the first, third and fifth floor. The shortest one was like any other slide you would normally see in a park just a bit taller. However, the other two intertwined with each other and took up most of the main section of the building.

“So is that why you wanted to come here?” Matt was once again reminded of how childish his friends are.

“Well why else would we come here?” Jimmy asked, while helping Zack sort through all the tickets.

“To see the art.” Matt knew that they wouldn’t give up until they got to go on the slides, but he still wanted to see something.

“Well it is art.” Brian pointed out. He had spent all this time reading one of the many leaflets Matt had picked up which explain why there were massive slides in the Tate.

“Really? Doesn’t seem like art but I guess anything can be classed as art nowadays.” Matt mumbled. He didn’t really mind going on the slides, in all honesty he just wanted to have some fun and going down giant indoor slides was good enough for him.

Going on the first floor slides was easy, there was a queue and people went as much as they wanted. It wasn't that popular because it wasn’t that high and mainly little kids wanted to go on it. That however, didn’t stop Zack from wanting to go on it, resulting in Brian calling him a three year old for his childish actions.

The third floor was similar but had a much bigger queue. Everyone had a ticket for this, which Zack had got from the front desk. It meant that there was some order to things, as it was a lot more popular than the first slide. It wasn’t much of a drop but the sharp turn meant that you went a lot faster and it was over in mere seconds. Zack was particularly happy about how fast it was over but the adrenaline rush was enough to keep him happy. Something that he would have to remember for future encounters, just in case.

The third slide, was much different to the others. Mainly because it was so high up, but also because everyone had time that they were allotted to go up there. This was mainly to avoid overcrowding from kids who just wanted to go again and again. The times were spaced fifteen minutes apart, luckily the boys had all managed to ones at the same time. They were due to go up there at 4:45, which gave them a couple of hours to enjoy the work on show. Much to the delight of Matt, who didn’t really want to be on the slides all day, even though he enjoyed himself just as much as everyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes i know that im not posting as much as i did before but i still dont have internet and i have way to much work but meh. anyway this is going somewhere i promise and for anymore of you who dont know tate mordern is an art gallery in london. there were massive slides as part of an exhibition but that was a good few years ago but i thought it would be a fun thing for them to do and i couldnt think of anything else to do. there will be more during this week...i hope =]
anyway i hope you liked it