Status: Inactive.

A Little Piece of Heaven

Chapter Fifteen

The night went on, and we were all enjoying ourselves thoroughly. After Brian and I’s little mishap, we seemed to be joined at the hip. He would continually kiss my neck, trying to distract me from any conversation with anyone. But who could resist him? I know I couldn’t! There was no way in hell I was even going to try, because I know I would fail miserably.

Jam and Johnny seemed to be hitting it off rather nicely. Just watching them made me smile at my accomplishment. Johnny was continually making her laugh, which I knew was easy to do, but Johnny didn’t need to know that right now. It was great how well they were bonding. And a few kisses were being shared as well, which was even better.

Matt and Lya were deep in conversation. I guess she was telling him about her home and things like that. He looked really interested and kept asking questions and what not. Well, they needed my help no more.

So I turned my head to see how Jimmy and Aj were going. My eyebrows instantly rose. I didn’t know whether to laugh or look away. Jimmy and Aj were making funny faces at each other to see who could do the ugliest. Some of them were just downright scary. But suddenly, well more like randomly, Aj pulled Jimmy into a kiss. I could see Jimmy’s shoulders slouch and as she pulled away, he had this goofy grin on his face.

Brian brought me out of my little ‘people-watching’ by biting on my ear. I growled and turned to look at him. “Will you quit that?”

“Why? Is it turning you on?” Brian cooed and kissed my nose.

“You’re in a lot of trouble later,” I threatened.

“I can’t wait,” he whispered in my ear, making me shiver. An idea sprang into my mind and I smirked to myself. Oh yes, he was in a lot of trouble later.

Breaking myself free of Brian, I headed towards the kitchen to grab another drink. To my surprise, Melle was also in there, but she didn’t look like her normal self. “Are you okay?” I asked as I walked over towards her. She looked at me from her position on the bench.

“Yeah, I guess,” Melle shrugged. Lies.

“Tell me,” I demanded and sat on the bench next to her. She knew it was in evitable to put this off any longer. I would find out one way or another. So, she confided in me and told me everything. It was nothing I wasn’t expecting. She was worried about her and Zacky’s relationship. Was there any point to it besides the amazing sex? She wanted something a little more than being his booty call. I knew exactly how she felt, because I was going through something somewhat similar. Well, what could I tell her? To just forget him and move on? Or go and yell at him to get his ass into gear? Melle didn’t seem like she was going to pursue this little problem, so once again it was up to me to solve it.

I jumped down from the bench and left Melle to wallow. It was time to take action. Where the hell is Zacky?! It wasn’t long before I found him in the crowded house. He was sitting in a chair against the wall, alone. He had a drink in his hand and occasionally took a sip. What’s wrong with him? Don’t tell me that he and Melle have the same view but neither of them have voiced them to each other... God dammit...

With determination to get this over with, I marched over to Zacky. He looked up once I stood right in front of him. “Oh hey Kass,” he said sullenly.

“Vengeance, I’m going to make this clear,” I threatened, “Go and talk to Melle.”

“Why?” he blinked, a little confused.

“Oh you know why!” I almost shouted at him, “Stop toying with her emotions and ask her out already!” He stared at me, not sure whether to reply or not. But as I stared right back at him, a fire set alight in his eyes. Zacky stood up and stormed off towards the kitchen. I wasn’t sure exactly what he was going to do, but I hoped it sorted them out.

Feeling like my work here was done; I headed back towards the group. The same things were still happening, but much more animated now after a few more drinks. Tonight was starting to look like a complete success.

“Melle! I’ve got a request!” Jam came up to me. I blinked at her curiously. “Song request that is.” She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

“Like what?” I asked, completely oblivious.

“Don’t be dim,” Jam laughed, “I want you to sing!”

“Oh...,” I understood, “No.”

“Please?” Jam pleaded.

The answer was still the same, “No.”

“Oh come on,” Jam continued, “For old times’ sake?” Argh...

“Fine!” I gave up.

“Yay!” Jam clapped her hands together in excitement.

I walked up to the ‘DJ’ and told him exactly what was going on. Of course, I had to explain that I was a friend of Matt’s first. He gradually accepted that I knew him and I told him my request. I got up on the ‘stage’ and prepared myself for the inevitable.

Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I I toss and turn and dream of what I need

{Chorus}
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There's someone reaching back for me
Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat
It's gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet

{Chorus}

Up where the mountains meet the heavens above
Out where the lightning splits the sea
I would swear that there's someone somewhere
Watching me

Through the wind and the chill and the rain
And the storm and the flood
I can feel his approach
Like the fire in my blood

{Chorus}
♠ ♠ ♠
The song is 'Holding Out For A Hero' by Frou Frou. I think it's a nice twist on the original. =D
Contructive comments please???? I love comments =p
Oh, and the people who are in my story (you know who you are) if you would like anything in particular to happen between you and your 'man', lemme know?

The more comments I get, the faster the updates =D

xx