Peter Pan and Wendy Turned out Fine, Sure. But What About Lilli?!

.oo5.Nothing Has Changed

It had been hours, and I had got to see the Lost Boys. Though, I suppose, they were no longer lost. The Darlings' had put all the children to bed, except for Wendy of course.

"Well, I suppose we should go." Peter shrugged, walking toward the window.

Wendy's eyes widened. "But you both could stay here."

I looked toward Peter and noticed the look on his face. He did want to stay, but he did not want to become a man. "I'm afraid that would mean growing up, but I'm sure we'll come and
visit... Eh, Peter?"

He nodded slowly, looking back at Wendy. "Well, come on Lilli."

"Goodbye, Wendy." I sighed, realizing he hadn't been calling me what he always had before.

Was he still angry with me? Had I done something wrong?

Wendy nodded, smiling at me. "Goodbye Lilli... Oh! And Peter?"

Peter turned to look at her again, questionably.

"You will come back again, won't you?" She whispered.

He nodded slowly. "Of course."

I waved at her slowly as he leapt out the window before following.

Our flight was silent for a while before I decided to break it. He seemed to be concentrating far too hard. "Why did you lie to Wendy?"

"Huh?" He asked, looking at me as though I had startled him.

Without looking back at him, I shrugged. "You don't plan on going back... Why would you tell her that?"

Peter slowed to a stop, floating in the air. "... I didn't want to hurt her."

"Once she realizes you aren't coming back, you're just going to hurt her all the more..." I sighed.

"How do you know?" Peter asked defensively.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm a girl."

He shrugged. "Yeah, well you never act like one!"

I glared at him, holding back a growl. "How would you know?! You banished me, remember? You haven't seen me for two years!"

His gaze immediately dropped at the word 'banished'.

"Look, Peter... We both know I don't like Wendy." I stated, casually throwing out the fact. "But as of this day, I respect her. She helped me... If you don't want to hurt her, you're going to have to visit her."

He shook his head. "Lilli, you don't understand... She's going to get older, and I'm not. It won't work!"

It was my turn to lower my gaze toward my feet. "I know you like her... I realize that it won't work. But everything is up to you, Peter."

"Up to me? I-"

"If you love her, you'll grow up..." I sighed, realizing I was damning myself, but continuing anyways. "If you really care about her, you will go back."

Peter grabbed my shoulders. "What is wrong with you? Grow up?!"

I shrugged, looking up to his eyes slowly. "It would be the only way..."

"And what about you, though? Huh?!" He asked quickly. "What would you do?"

"I suppose I would have to go back to America." I concluded slowly.

Peter growled, causing me to look at him with wide eyes. "Why, so you can go back to this Lee?"

"What does Lee have to do with any of this?"

"You want to go back, don't you!" Peter accused, turning away from me.

A tear rolled down my cheek as I looked down, causing me to curse my age. Why had I grown up, even just a little? "Tell me this, Peter... If I had wanted to be there, why would I have come back? Why would I have been looking for you?"

He turned his head to the side, proving to me he was listening.

"You are so childish, Peter!" I yelled, clenching my fists. "Why don't you just... Just grow up!"

I sobbed, paying no attention as he turned back around to face me.

"You... You want me to grow up?" He asked slowly.

I shook my head quickly. "No, I just... Why can't you realize that all I ever wanted was to be near you?"

He looked up at me, just as I looked down.

"You were my hero... My best friend." I sighed, trying to wipe tears off of my face. "The only person I ever had to rely on... And when you banished me, I- I had no one."

"Lilli..." He whispered.

"You wanted Wendy then, and you want Wendy now..." I looked up toward him. "Nothing has changed Peter, not even the fact that you're trying to hold back your feelings."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, comments, commentsss! :P
*Happy dance*

Hannah