You Are The Wind Beneath My Wings

Chapter 25.

Chapter 25
[Gerard's POV]
NINE MONTHS LATER....

(A/N: Lol. Sorry for skipping so many months. xD)

Lindsey's in the shower, Gage is sleeping, I am sitting in the living room watching television. Lindsey and I are kind of mad at each other... We got into a fight a couple days ago.. We've been getting into a lot of ones.. But the recent one, I said something I didn't mean too.. She screamed at me because I apparently wasn't taking care of Gage..

**** FLASHBACK ****
[Gerard's POV]

Lindsey threw a glass at the wall. I jumped and stared at her.

"WHAT THE FUCK, GERARD!? YOU AREN'T TAKING CARE OF GAGE RIGHT!" She screamed.

I went in front of her and stared at her.

"YOU AREN'T A GOOD FATHER!"

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT LINDSEY? I'M A GOOD FATHER!"

"YOU AREN'T DOING WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING!" She screamed.

"WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO! I BATHE HIM, I DRESS HIM, I FEED HIM. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT ME TO FUCKING DO? KISS HIS FEET?" I screamed.

"YOU DO THE FUCKING EASY SHIT AND LEAVE ME WITH THE HARD SHIT!"

I sighed..., "News flash, love. BABIES AREN'T FUCKING EASY TO TAKE CARE OF!"

"WELL, YOU SHOULDN'T OF GOTTEN ME PREGNANT!'

"WELL, I SHOULDN'T OF STARTED DATING YOU!"

She started crying, and threw her engagement ring at me.

"TAKE YOUR FUCKING RING BACK! I HATE YOU!" She sobbed.

She fell to the floor, before she hit the ground I caught her. She hit me and I held onto her.

"Babe, I didn't mean it like that..." I sighed.

Wrong move, Gerard..
She cried into my shoulder and pretty soon, Gage started screaming.

**** END FLASHBACK ****

Lindsey still didn't take the ring back.. I took the ring out of my pocket. Pissed, I stood up, threw the ring and went outside.

[Lindsey's POV]

I'm standing in the shower, crying.
Well, I shouldn't of started dating you..
Those words kept getting repeated in my head.
Was he serious? Was that a break-up sign? I hope not.. Without him, I'm nothing. I sighed and got out of the shower. I dried and got dressed. I went into Gage's room, he was standing up, and holding onto the crib. He smiled, and put his hands up.

"Up." He said.

I smiled and picked him up and he put his thumb in his mouth. I removed his thumb from his mouth. Gage is starting to talk, not much, but he's getting there.

"No." I said.

He laughed. I smiled and kissed his cheek. I put him in his high chair. I got his food ready. He was kicking his feet, and making noise. I pointed my finger at him and scrunched my face up. He laughed.

"Gerard?" I called.

No answer.

"Gerard?"

Still, no answer. I sighed and placed Gage's food on his high chair, and I left the kitchen. I looked around the living room, I saw the engagement ring. I picked it up and set it on the table. Gerard wasn't here.. I let a tear slide down my cheek. I went back into the kitchen, Gage made a mess of his food.

"Gage!" I yelled.

He started crying. I sighed and picked him up. I wiped his face off and starting rocking him.

"I'm sorry, Gage. Mommy is just stressed."

He sniffed and looked at me. I kissed him.

"Your daddy isn't being very nice."

Gage looked behind me, pointed and made a noise. I stiffed up and turned around slowly.

Gerard.

"Gerard?"

He looked at me, he was frowning. I went over to him, Gage on my hip. Gage put his arms out and made a noise. Gerard gave a small smile and took Gage into his arms. He kissed Gage's head.

"It's nice to know at least one person still loves me." He whispered.

That broke my heart.

"Gerard.."

He looked at me, "We need to talk.."

I gulped, "O-Okay.. Let me put Gage down."

I took Gage from Gerard and took him into his room. I placed him into his crib.

"Do you think you good be good for mommy, while mommy and daddy talk?"

"Da-da?" Gage said.

"Yes. Da-da."

He laughed and kicked his feet. I smiled and kissed his head. My smile faded as I realized what might be waiting for me in the living room.. I went into the living room, Gerard was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. I went over and sat next to him. He looked at me. He sat up and turned to face me, although he wasn't looking at me.

"Lindsey..." He whispered.

"Gee.."

"Are.. Are we over?" He asked, whispering.

"I hope not.. Because, without you... I'm nothing."

He sighed, "If we keep fighting like we have been.. We might as well break up."

I started crying.

"I don't want to... But, we might as well.."

Gerard stood up, I grabbed onto him and sobbed really heavy. I felt my stomach burning, and my heart felt like it stopped.

"G-g-g-gee. P-p-p-please." I sobbed.

Gerard looked down at me, he was sobbing also. I let go of him, he fell to the floor and held onto me.

"I-i-i c-c-can't b-b-breathe." I tried to say.

"Lindsey, please. Try. I'm sorry."

"M-m-m-my h-h-h-heart.. I-i-it h-h-hurts."

[Gerard's POV]

Lindsey is sobbing heavy. I'm sobbing as well.

"G-g-g-gee. I w-w-want to sp-sp-spend the r-r-rest of m-m-my l-l-life with you." She sobbed.

I rubbed her head and cried into her shoulder.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, too."

I helped Lindsey get up, she fell a few times, but I finally got her into the bedroom. I laid her down, I laid down next to her. I held her close. Her sobs finally turned into sniffles. Then her choppy breathing went smooth. I looked at her, she was fast asleep. I kissed her. Why would a thought like me and her breaking up ever happen? I love her more then anything. I felt like an asshole. A pure asshole. I kissed her forehead and she cuddled up closed to me. I held her tightly, but not too tight. I slowly went asleep.

I woke up, Lindsey wasn't next to me. I slowly got out of bed, I walked into Gage's room. He wasn't in there. Confused, I walked into the living room. No sign. I went into to the kitchen. None. I gulped, I took out my cellphone and dialed Lindsey's number.

"Hello?"

"Lindsey.. Where are you?"

"I'm.. Uh.. Out.."

"Where's Gage?"

"With me."

"When are you coming home?"

"I don't know."

With that the phone clicked. I felt my stomach sink. I didn't know what to do. I sat on the couch and put my head in my hands thinking of something. I want to go out looking for her, but what if she came back? I tried to call her again, no answer. I called Mikey.

"Hey, Gerard. What's up?"

"Nothing.. Look, are Lindsey and Gage there?"

Mikey coughed, "Uh... No.."

I heard a baby cry in the background. I hung the phone up, grabbed my keys and drove to Mikey's house. Lindsey's car was there. I ran inside and she was sitting on the couch with Gage in her arms. She was crying. She stared at me, I stared at her.

"Why?" Was all I could manage.

"Gee.. You were right.. I think it's best if we do break up.."

I felt my heart break. I went closer to her. I knelt in front of her. A few tears slid down her and my cheek.

"No. It's not whats best for us. Neither of us can't live without each other. I love you until the day I die. Unless you tell me, I don't love you anymore.. I will understand. But, I know you can't say that to me. I love you so much, Lindsey. I will fight for you. If you don't want me and want some other man, I will fight for you until the day my body can't hold out. Please, you don't mean it. I know you don't. I was in love with you the first time I laid my eye on you which was forever ago. You mean more to me then any other girl has, I swear to you. I can't live without you."

Lindsey was crying. Mikey had taken Gage upstairs, so Lindsey and I could talk in private.

"You don't mean that.." She said.

I stared at her and made her look at me.

"Lindsey, I can't live in a world where you don't exist."

She smiled and threw her arms around me. She sobbed into my shoulder.

"I love you. So fucking much, Gerard."

"I love you, too, Lindsey."
♠ ♠ ♠
xD.
I couldn't split them up..
I bet most of you thought they were, though.

Comments make me write faster. :]

Also, tell your friends about my story.