Status: uhhhhhh...

Bury Me in Black

THE END OF THE LONGEST DAY OF MY LIFE

In Math class I barely paid attention because I already learned this stuff last month. Finally the bell rang for last period, art. I loved art because it's the only class where you can really express your self, and no matter what anybody says you can't be wrong in art. I went down another flight of stairs and turned a left down the hallway to room 223. I walked inside the door and saw heaven. The walls were a light blue with handprints covering several parts. There were many windows so natural light filled the paint-incrusted room. The air smelled of charcoal, oil paints, and dust, it didn't smell bad though, but homey. I examined the room some more, there was a radio playing my favorite station, many desks scattered around and in no particular order, with teenagers sitting in them. I walked up to the big desk in the front of the room with a very handsome twenty something year old man sitting in the chair behind it, who I guessed was Mr. D'Albero, or Mr. D.

"Umm hi, I'm Francesca I'm new here." I told him

"Oh fresh meat!" He spoke to me as I gave a questioning look when he said that, "Don't mind me I just had my afternoon Red Bull, anyways... CLASS!" Sixteen heads popped up at once when he said that, I noticed most of them were girls wearing really reviling (slutty) outfits, "This here is Francesca, she's a newbie here, be nice to her, carry on. Hmm why don't you go sit next to Gerard over there." he said as he pointed to a boy my age, he was nothing like I've ever seen before. He had long black hair that covered most of his face, very fair skin, and he was wearing all black, with a dark wine red colored Misfits shirt. There was something about him though that I couldn't understand, this sort of vibe he was giving off.

I walked toward him and sat down in the extra seat.

"Hey, I’m Cesc."

"Gerard." He said not taking his eyes off his sketchbook. He then looked up at me and began to smile. "Ha, nice shirt."

"Ha, thanks."

"If your wondering, he's not interested." He whispered under his breathe to me, and I had no idea what he was talking about.

"Uh, what are you talking about?"

"Mr. D... you didn't just sign up for Mr. D, like the rest of these girls in here did you?"

"Uh no, I actually like art. Oh is that why most of the girls in here are dressed like complete skanks?"

"Haha, yea I guess you could put it that way."

"It all makes sense now."

He then turned his attention back to sketch book, like we were never talking and began drawing away.

I took out my sketchbook too and began sketching a figure of a teenager leaning against a brick wall covered in graffiti. I was so immersed in my drawing that I hadn't noticed Mr. D began talking, until he said, more like sang my name.

"Fffrancescaaa, Francescaaa."

"Yes?"

"Would you like to pay attention, or just not hear a word I say?"

"Sorry." I mumbled

"Ok, so now were going to begin working on portraits. Pair up with a partner and work it out. Plus keep in mind people. You can't just draw a face and say it's her's or his. Your drawing, or painting must breathe, you have to be able to tell who it is by the personality that shows through your artwork!"

"Wait? It's a picture though, it can't breathe... can it??" said a girl with unnatural blond hair with a pink polo shirt unbuttoned at the top to reveal a unnecessary amount of cleavage, and a short white skirt.

I heard Gerard sigh, and mumble something, which sounded like idiot.

"Ugh. Heather let me explain it to you, come to my desk."

"OK!" she said with a little too much enthusiasm.

In a few min. everyone was paired up besides Gerard and me.

"Ohh though break," a girl in front of me, whispered, "you get stuck with Geetard."

I just looked the other way at Gerard and said "So I guess we're partners."

"Yea." he mumbled and sounded slightly annoyed.

"Ok, then. “I mumbled back

After a little while later the bell rang and I made my way out of the classroom to my locker. l While trying to do my combination, Gerard came and leaned up against the locker next to mine.

"Sorry, I was a little rude back there. I do want to be your partner though."

"It’s ok." I said I guess he could hear that I was pissed.

"I am sorry, it's just, well you no, I'm not that really used to people being nice to me. And I'm not sure what to do now, apologize some more, or just give you a compliment."

"Umm"

"You look very pretty today."

"Thanks." I said with a happier tone now.

"I was wondering," he said with a smile across his face "if you might want to come over tomorrow so we can get started on our portraits, because if your like me when drawing I like to make sure everything is just right."

"Yea sure, sounds good."

"Ok, well I have to go, see you tomorrow."

I got all my stuff and walked home.