Status: Hiatus, maybe? Gets updated very slowly.

100 Ways

#16

16. Write a Letter to a Friend

To my beloved DubDub and my lovely Susie,

Did you know you two are the only ones who comment every single one of my chapters, no matter how absolutely horrid it was? It's true and I thank you for it. I don't think I've ever had readers like you. It makes me feel good that someone actually likes that much. And the fact that this is a story, or guide, on how to make yourself feel better, makes me feel even happier. My advice actually helps you and that's one of the best things I could ask for. I'm not exactly one of those people who are good at helping people. The fact that I make you smiles makes me smile.

I know I haven't been active in posting new chapters. Sorry about that. I really wanted to post one today and I had no idea what to write about. Today was a tragically bad day. Someone stole my favoritest jacket in the whole wildest world. I danced in the rain in that jacket. I got my first kiss in that jacket. There were bags filled with electronics around my jacket. The person who took it left all the phones and mp3 players. How stupid, right? And the fact I'm sick and tired made it worse. I'm so pissed off. Beyond pissed off. I'm angry. But I checked my comment and saw a certain someone needed some cheering up. So basically....you're the reason this chapter is even up, DubDub =]. And you're in here, Susie, because....well, you make me smile. Isn't that more than enough reason to add you? I say it is, so hahaha.

You both are equally the reason this chapter is the way it is. I clicked Monkey-Turtle's username and the second I saw "DubDub" I thought to myself, "My beloved DubDub". Doesn't it just sound right? Then I remembered Susie and thought "my lovely Susie". I always call my friends something along those lines whenever I write letters to them. And that's how this chapter came about. So you two are reason this chapter is even up. At this current moment, you two are my muses. Which is really weird because girls are rarely inspiration for me. So be happy. Like this ------> ^_^.

We barely talk to each other at all but I don't know what I would do without you. You give me reason to keep writing and not give up. When you say I made you feel so much better or I made a bad day better makes me happy. When I can't get anything like that at all from friends at school, I know I can get it from you two. The very few things I provide in this story make me feel like I'm actually worth something. You girls makes me feel like I'm actually good at something for once and that I'm not wasting my time.

Thank you so much for all that you have done for me.
Thank you.

Much love,
Alexandria

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love writing letters, don't you?
They're so much more personal and filled with love that you know is real. You can't see any real emotion in texts or emails. All you see are the black words that are in an auto-selected font. You can't see the ink rushed in happiness, smudged in tears, or splattered in anger. You can't sense the hard work the writer put into the message. You can't smell the scent they unknowingly left on the paper. You don't see the faded lip mark on the paper they left when they licked the envelope. All you see are the black words.

I know it's weird I say this when I just wrote a letter to my friends on here. Well excuse me, I don't know where they live, spank you very much.

You know....I wrote four letters to my ex-boyfriend while were together since it was long distance. Each was approximately 3 pages long. As in, paper. As in, 3 pieces of paper with BOTH sides written on. He never wrote back. I understand he was busy, but whatever. At least he knew about the love I had for him, and that's what mattered. I wrote 5 letters to a guy I liked in 8th grade. We never went out, but one time, I gave him a letter after school and walked away all mad. The next day when we saw each other at lunch, he hugged me from behind and said sorry for all the things he did wrong.

People sense the emotion you really put into hand-written letters. So it doesn't matter if you see them everyday, once in a while, or not at all. If you know somebody and their address, write a letter instead of texting. If you don't know their address but you see them occasionally, write a letter and hand it to them and walk away. That's all it takes.

Put a smile on someone's face.
Put a little personality on to a piece of paper.
Do something different in this world that is controlled by technology.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to my beloved DubDub, my lovely Susie, and my precious jacket.

Peace and love,
~AlexAndriA