Status: Hiatus, maybe? Gets updated very slowly.

100 Ways

Abi: Chapter One...

A lot of you know me because of my user name claims me to be a color. A lot of you will know me because of my love for The Color Fred and Taking Back Sunday. Some will know me because I was (and by heart still am) Mrs. Schechter. I stalk the forums; I’m forever writing and forever stalking fellow Mibbian’s on Twitter...

Like a lot of people on here my two main passions are music and writing along with sleeping, drinking tea, eating, reading random books I think look interesting from the liberty and annoying the hell out of my step-dad who I love to bits.

I can honestly say with my hand over my heart that music wasn’t a major big part of my childhood though being the youngest of four back then (its five now as I have a step-brother) music had to be apart of my life but just no a big part. My eldest sister who is ten years older then me was Take That, Spice Girls, Boyzone, Westlife, Green Day, No Doubt and a lot of other bands, obsessed and still is, my brother who is eight years older has always been into Eminem, Tenacious D, The Get Up Kids, Foo fighters, The Who, Iron Maiden etcetera, etcetera and well, Mander’s only two years older then me so growing up, we both only listened to what Mikki and Pat did. As a child, you sing along to anything even if it’s songs like 2 Become 1 by the Spice Girls and you honestly have no idea why adults are mortified by the fact you’re singing a song about sex or even that song that talk about orgasms. You may be laughing at this, claiming that was never you, I bet it was and you’re just so embarrassed by it that you’ve pushed it to the back of your brain.

I’m babbling about my pointless childhood now – what I was trying to say was that as a child, you have no idea what those lyrics mean, why they’re being sung and why if you’ve seen the music video that the girls are hardly wearing clothing and their caked in make up but, as a teenager or a adult of any age you can see why those songs shouldn’t be played to people under a certain age as they’re just disgusting.

I’m one of those people who really do listen to anything heck, I listen to Mozart! But honestly, there’s two bands, well, two bands and a person who have changed my life through their music. I’m going to sound cliché in saying this but it’s the truth, My Chemical Romance saved the thirteen year old me from killing myself but, it wasn’t a cliché situation in my eyes. My parent’s broke up a week after I turned thirteen, five days after my dad had taken my ice skating as a birthday treat even though everyone knows I hate ice skating where after showing off to some women he’d slipped and managed to break his ankle. I didn’t see at the time that my parent’s hadn’t been getting on, I sure didn’t think they’d get a divorce.

I’ve always hated my father; he never showed me an inch of love, ever. He tried to buy my love soon after I discovered My Chem through a friend by buying me Life On The Murder Scene and even then he only brought it for me because he was getting Mander the last Harry Potter book (this was a couple of years ago – I’m nearly sixteen now) – you should have seen the look of disgust on his face when I put it on in front of him and watched as Gerard explained about his alcoholism, his drug abuse and life on the road with the others. I remember my father laughing and saying Gerard wasn’t a good role model because of his past abuses but what’s always gotten me about my dad making that comment is – my dad is an alcoholic and does drugs on a nightly basis.

So, one of my personal way’s to make myself unsad is by watching Life On The Murder Scene and laughing over the fact my father is such a arsehole and thanking Gerard for getting sober. That and there’s the whole fact Brian Schechter is tasty looking...

My next chapter, I will tell the second way I become unsad...I just hope this chapter is of help to some of you – it’s been a help to me just by writing it down.