Status: Finished

The Killing Moon

Patrolling

Image

Leah was growing more and more anxious as the sun started to set. Destiny wasn't back yet. She was afraid that something had happened to her. She knew that tonight wasn't her night to patrol but she needed to make sure that Destiny was alright. If something bad happened to her it would be the death of Leah and Jacob. She quickly ran into the woods as she shed her clothing off of her body. She then transformed into a white wolf. She ran as fast as she could through the woods until she picked up Destiny's scent. She followed it towards a small meadow. That's when she smelt the awful smell of a vampire. She spotted the red headed vampire Victoria having a small conversation with Destiny. Leah let out a growl then called upon the rest of the pack and told them that Destiny was in danger of Victoria.

Destiny had been laying in the meadow for a long time when she realized that she probably needed to get back to the Clearwater house before it got too dark and the other's started to worry. She stood up to her feet then nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw a woman with red hair standing in front of her. She noticed that the woman was extremely pale and had red eyes. She swallowed hard and realized that this woman was probably a vampire and that she was probably in danger right now.

"Well hello, I'm sorry for interrupting your nap." the woman said in a mesmerizing voice.

"No need to apologize. I was just about to leave anyway."

Destiny was about to turn around but the woman grabbed her arm and pulled her closer to her. Destiny was now extremely scared. Would she become this vampires meal?

"You smell amazing." the woman said while running her index finger up and down Destiny's neck.

"Ugh...thank you. Look, my family and friends are the wolf pack around these parts. They're not going to like you being here with me."

Victoria blinked a few times then smiled. "Let them come." she said.

Victoria bent her head down towards Destiny's neck. Destiny closed her eyes because she knew what was coming. Why did she have to go run off on her own? She could feel Victoria's cold breath press against her neck. Just as she was about to bite a loud growl could be heard behind them. Victoria quickly let go of Destiny which made her fall onto her back. She quickly sat up and watched the whole pack chase after Victoria. She knew that they would try to kill her as best they could. Jacob who was in his wolf form walked over to her. He licked her face which made her laugh.

"I'm fine Jake. I know you're mad at me. I should'nt have ran off but Leah and I got into a fight."

He softly nodded then with his mouth he grabbed the back of her shirt and flung her on his back. Destiny grabbed onto his fur tightly as he ran through the woods. She began laughing at the speed from Jacob. He was really fast. It didn't even take him that long to get back to the Clearwater house. Destiny jumped off of his back. He then ran into the woods and returned wearing his cut off jean shorts.

"What the hell were you thinking Destiny? If Leah didn't find you out there with Victoria I don't know what would've happened. Don't go wondering off by yourself. Okay? If anything ever happens to you I don't know how I can live with myself. I love you Destiny."

Jacob pulled Destiny into a hug. She laid her head on his chest and listened to his fast heartbeat.

"I'm sorry. And did you just say you love me?"

She glanced up at him to see his famous pearly white smile.

"Yes, I said I love you."

Destiny softly sighed. "I think I love you too." she replied.

"Now, stay here and wait until I get back okay? Don't go anywhere and don't go outside."

"Okay, I won't go outside. I'll stay indoors like a good girl."

Jacob smiled then ran off. For the first time ever he transformed right in front of Destiny's eyes. She thought that it was really cool. Just like Jacob had said she ran inside and locked the door. Sue was sitting at the table drinking coffee. She knew what was going on but she acted like she didn't.

"Hey aunt Sue."

She looked up and smiled at Destiny. "Hey sweetie. Come sit down and talk with me."

Destiny talked with her Aunt Sue for nearly three hours. When Sue went to bed she began to grow worried about the others. Did they find Victoria and kill her? Or did something bad happen to them. She pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind and decided to get ready for bed.