Status: Working on it slowly

Into Your Arms

Chapter 12 (Ella)

I couldn’t tell if I was dreaming that the past scenario had just happened or if I was daydreaming again. I glanced over to find Pat in the driver’s seat, Yeah that was definitely real.

“You alright?” I heard faintly trying to concentrate on my thoughts. I nodded and smiled feeling a small squeeze to my left hand. I used to only think Pat was my best friend and that was all, but now things have changed and he sticks up for me like I never could’ve believed. Shortly after he pulled into my dorm parking lot.

“You want to … come in?” I asked unbuckling.

“If you want me to.”

I smiled and nodded, “We can go watch a movie or something. Tegan and John are on their date so we’ll be alone for a while.”

“For once…” he beamed.

There was something about him that was different, not in the bad sense just… different. We walked upstairs and I unlocked my door only to be tackled somewhere between turning the knob and taking a step inside.

“Hey Ell’s!!!!” After taking a split second to collect myself I realized who this mysterious being was I said:

"GARRETT! I Swear! How are you even here?!”

“Your nice roommate let me in.” He had the biggest smile I had ever seen plastered on his face. I groaned and I’m like:

“Can you please… GET OFF?” He scrambled to his feet and Pat helped pick me up smiling.

“I’m glad somebody thinks this is hilarious.” Pat pulled me to my feet and continued:

“Ella, He’s harmless. He just get to excited. You know... like a ... puppy?” I smirked.

“A puppy? “ Garrett started to pout and continued to sit on the couch.

“So much for being alone…” Pat sighed.

“Gare Bear? Can you run to the store for me please? I need a few things.” With that I poked my bottom lip out.

“Anything for you, best friend.” He smiled and walked out.

“That was easier than I thought.”

I continued and sat beside on the couch after he popped in some horror movie. He subtly slid his arm around my shoulder and pulled a blanket over the both of us.

This was that moment, the moment where you feel completely safe and protected. In the very same moment there’s a feeling of comfort and tranquility, what I would do to feel this all the time. This moment in time I realized… Love does exist.