Status: Working on it slowly

Into Your Arms

Chapter 7(Tegan)

As John, Garrett, and Jared busted through our door a silly smile came across my face. It was a nice surprise to have someone as amazing as John come visit you, especially when he decides to plop down on the bed next to you. I honestly couldn’t pay the other two guys or Ella any attention because my heart was beating so fast from him being so close. A few minutes and a few inches closer to John later, Ella and the guys decided to go get ice cream. I suppose it was her way of letting us have the moment to ourselves, plus it was obvious that she wasn’t going to get any sleep with Garrett and Jared around. After slipping on her shoes and heading to the door she shot me a quick grin, and then sped off after the two boys fighting over who got to ride ‘shotgun’.

Silence surrounded us as the distant screams of the gang faded away. Now, the only audible sound was John’s slow paced breathing next to me; both of us seemed to be deep in thought yet comforted by the other’s presence. A few moments later he spoke, “So how are you carrying on without Derek around?” I let my mind wander a minute before replying. “Just fine, matter of fact I’m doing very well. He wasn’t around a lot of the time anyway, but it feels nice to be free.” John nodded his head as he took in my answer.
“I apologize for ending it without your permission, but I just couldn’t see you with him for another night. You deserve so much better than that.” As he spoke I looked into his eyes; they seemed to glow, making it obvious that what he was saying held a lot of truth. “I wouldn’t have it any other way” I mumbled, keeping my eyes fixated on him to gauge his reaction. After smiling slyly he focused his eyes on mine, and we both just lay there staring at each other for the longest time.

A good bit later John finally spoke. “I was hoping that if you weren’t busy tomorrow night we could maybe go out some places or something? Just hang out. It doesn’t have to be a date…just the two of us hanging out and having a good time” he rambled. Though it was weird to me that he was a little nervous, I couldn’t help but to think it was cute. A few minutes later, I smiled and accepted his offer. “I’m game as long as we don’t fish, hunt, or eat anything from Jack in the Box” I said with a smile on my face. “What does Jack in the Box have to do with anything?” he asked in a humorous tone. “It has everything to do with anything John!” I replied playfully. “Don’t you know that people got food poisoning there once? Or do you not read the paper?” I asked. “For goodness sake Tegan, that was like six years ago!” he replied. “Ya never know John; you gotta watch what ya eat. It could be poisonous; like what if they put a date rape drug in my Coca-Cola, what then?” He laughed and wrapped his arms around me, shaking his head all the while. I grinned, after all it was hard not to when I had the perfect guy holding me in his arms and laughing along with my silliness Maybe things had to end with Derek so that I could find something better…