Status: Working on it slowly

Into Your Arms

Chapter 8 (Ella)

After the long, agonizing discussion of who rode shotgun, it finally came down to Garrett threatening Jared that he’d throw his ice cream out the window. After we returned back to the dorm, everything was semi peaceful. After we all said our goodbyes the boys left soon after. “So… How was your “alone” time?” I smiled. “Perfect…” she beamed. I could tell things were changing for the better for her anyway. But as for me, well I couldn’t even begin to describe. I guess that the show tomorrow would bring me some insight, well at least I hoped that it would.

As I pulled out my phone to check and see if Kenny had texted, Tegan spoke up, “He didn’t text or call did he?” I looked down at my background of Kenny and I kissing. I quickly closed my phone and shook my head. “Ella, Can’t you see it?” She sat beside me, I really didn’t want to talk about it but honestly I needed too. What does he do when I’m away? It made me start to think about everything since we got back together. It seemed as though I was struck by lightning when I decided to text Pat back. Tegan smiled apparently satisfied and lifted off my bed, “It’ll all work out. Okay?” I nodded “You’ll see.“ she smiled and turned off the once dim lamp.

I was so confused emotionally I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t let Kennedy and Pat fight, especially over me, they were both bigger than that and I honestly cant take it anymore. I had to figure something out and fast, after debating in my mind for what seemed like an eternity and tears that seemed to never stop, I cried myself into a very light sleep. I just couldn’t sleep, it was awful. I didn’t know what to do. As quietly as possible I slipped out of the dorm and started to drive I didn’t know where I was going, I just knew I had to go.

After driving around for about an hour I stopped in an abandoned park. I started to make my way over to the playground equipment and sat on the end of the double slide thinking about what all happened. The next thing I knew a dark figure approached me. He continued to walk into the dim light, “…Pat?” He nodded and sat on the other end of the slide. I honestly didn’t know how he knew where I was or why but, in some way I’m glad it was him. “Thank you… for coming.” I softly mumbled. He smiled and nodded, “I just heard that you were upset and I came to see if it was my fault…” I shook my head, knowing that he was part of it but I can’t let him think that. “Ella, tell me the truth.” Damnit, I hated when this stuff happens. “P, listen...uh… its not all you. To be honest all you’ve done is care and I was stupid not to see that.” I looked up to see his soft expression, the next thing I knew he pulled me on his lap. I smiled for the first time in a while and it felt so…right in a sense.

“How about I take you home? It’s freezing out here.” he spoke up a little later. I nodded rising off his lap and we walked off to his car. I climbed into the passenger seat, for once I felt safe and like nothing was going to go wrong. He started the car and turned the heat on high, that’s when a familiar song flooded over the speakers. “Two is better than one… there’s so much time to figure out the rest of my life…” I heard Martin sing. I looked at Pat and he smiled back at me. If that wasn’t a sign I didn’t know what was. All I had to do now was end things with Kenny. I’m not so sure that was going to work out well, actually I‘m positive that it wasn‘t going to be easy at all. As Pat continued to drive, I started to drift off to sleep, “El? … You can uh… stay with me if you want.” I heard faintly as my eyes were about to close. I slowly nodded and slept the rest of the way to Pat’s apartment that he shared with Garrett and Jared.

He slowly shook me awake and we walked up. I saw Garrett open the door, oh no. Just as I thought I squeezed me as tight as possible. “Garrett!!! Put me down!” I squealed, I just hated when he did that. “You don’t like meee?” he pouted. I blank stared at him for a few seconds, “Garr, you know I do. I’m just tired.” He smiled obviously feeling satisfied with himself. I smiled and rolled my eyes as Pat lead me to his room. “Thanks for… tonight.” I replied sitting on the edge of his bed. “No problem, anytime you need me I’m here.” he walked over and changed into some gym shorts. For a brief second I was mesmerized, I shook it off and smiled. “Want some? Your jeans feel frozen.” I smiled and nodded, I walked to the bathroom and quickly changed. Thank God for him being my size. I walked back out to find him all ready under the covers. I crawled in on the opposite side, “Night.” I laid down on the far end of the bed. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer, I gave a soft smile, “Night” he replied turning off the lamp. I snuggled in closer, closing my eyes. How could it be such a confusing day turn out to be one of the best? Well the night part anyway. Whether he knew it or not Pat saved me, I think I finally know… Two really is better than one.