Status: Finishedddd

She Goes Down

All I Want Is A Little Conversation

"Alexa Dare, bails been posted, move it." A cop woke me roughly with the good news and unlocked the holding cell.

I'd been stuck there all day and before managing to fall into slumber my mind was running over Nikki's little speech. At last the parts I could remember. That was something, someone I didn't want to face. What the fuck was I gonna do? But now I couldn't help but wonder who bailed me out. I figured nobody I knew had the money to do so and nobody had the brains to think of a way now that my best friend had ditched me in the name of insanity.

"Hey, Bitch-tits," a familiar voice...no way.

Speak of the devil.

"Ruby?" I was stunned.

"Well duh! Come on lets get outta this hole," she smiled at me. I looked at the clock, it was coming up to ten PM.

"I thought you'd have enough of me," I told her, "Why and how the hell did you afford my bail?"

"Well you're paying me back for that make no mistake, I borrowed the money off my land lord. He's a real sweetie," she winked at me.

"Ok...thanks a million for that. But still, you're not mad at me anymore?" I was confused.

Once this woman gives you a piece of her mind and you fight back she is not usually one to bother a second time in my experience.

"I'm still pissed about that but I was wrong to do that," she huffed humbly, "And you were right though I don't like being yelled at." Ruby gulped down some fresh air as we walked down the road.

"Sorry for yelling but I don't like being told what to do, never have, you know that. Still my best bitch?" I smirked.

"Fuck it, we were always gonna be best bitches together," Ruby grinned and threw her arm over my shoulder. I put mine around her waist and we went for pizza.

"What took you 'til this time to get my bail?"

"Dude, I threw on my shoes as soon as I was told this morning and was working on it since then. This shit takes time. I went through a lot for your whorey ass!"

We got our pizzas and took them back to my place. The entire time I was thinking about Nikki. He was like a cyst on my heart and I was no good at surgery. Was he ok? Was he out of jail? Did he remember?
My apartment was a mess as I'd expected but we both crashed out on the couch with our food and drinks of coke while a Ramone's record played.

"The owner of the Starwood bailed him out, 'Lexa." Ruby said after too much of my silence.

Relief washed over me visibly, "Thanks for that." I whispered.

"You can talk about him ya know 'Lexa. I don't hate him."

"Yeah well I don't want tension between us over him." I told her.

"There won't be. What actually happened last night?" she questioned.

I shrugged, "We were drinking here and somehow ended up in the street, dunno where we were going, then got harassed by the cops and one hit me," I motioned towards my bruised cheekbone, "We got arrested then Nikki confessed his undying love for me," I said quietly nibbling on a slice.

Ruby choked on hers before stuttering, "He did what?"

"We were fucked up! I might have remembered it wrong but he was saying he wants me to be his girlfriend and shit," I explained.

"You said 'no', right?" Ruby rolled her eyes.

"Not exactly. I told him he was being crazy."

"What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know. Ru' I hate to say this, like really hate to say it, especially to you, but I think I really like him. Despite all the bullshit. he won't get out of my head."

"Or your pants. There's a cream for that you know," Ruby scoffed. "Look, 'Lexa, honey, you'll be in a whole world of trouble if you commit yourself to him. You know it. I'm sayin' this as your best bitch, not a jealous bitch. I wouldn't if I were you. But you love trouble and danger and rushing in like a fool. I'm sure you can handle yourself if you've gotten this far." She smiled at me knowingly.

I was glad of her response. He was in my head again. I had the urge to call him. I missed him. Oh fuck, this is insanity. I should have gotten over the fact that i was captivated, in a word, and held hostage by my feelings. I should have stopped being shocked. I should have dealt with it. That's when i decided how to. I slit my wrists, metaphorically speaking.

***

The next morning I marched over to the Motley house which was in its usual state of disarray, and straight to Nikki's room. He was flat out in bed, lay on his back which was perfect. I sat on his with my legs either side and cleared my throat. His eyes fluttered open and his brow furrowed in confusion before he smiled and closed his eyes. I was about to speak when he grabbed my hips and flipped us over.

"This is a business meeting not a casual fuck calling," I told him.

"Who said anything about fucking? All business meetings in my room need to be held naked, you should know." He said, grinning like an idiot.

"Nikki, dick-bag, I'm serious!" I pouted, enjoying the position but trying to get my point across.

"You're hot."

"You're gay. Come on I want to talk about what you said in the cop car," I was adamant.

"Oh," he stopped smiling and looked away, "I don't remember what I said."

"I think you do." I kept staring at him and locked my legs around his waist so he couldn't easily escape.

"I was drunk, it doesn't matter what I said," Nikki wasn't enjoying this one bit.

"Don't be an asshole. You asked me to be your girlfriend and got mad when i said it'd be a bad idea." I re-informed him.

Nikki tried to move from my grip but I wasn't letting up.
"It would be a bad idea," he said sourly.

"Oh my god you drive me insane!" I gasped.

"Let me get up I need to piss," he grunted.

I let him go and as he got to the door I burst, "Nikki Sixx I can't stop thinking about you. You do drive me fucking crazy. I'm fucking myself over telling you this. I can think of twice as many reasons to walk away from you as I can to hold onto you but logic doesn't make me feel any better, you do!"

There is was. Almost like I'd ripped my heart from my chest and thrown it at him. if that were true I'd be staring at it suspended in the air. Will it fall to the floor with a bloody SPLAT or will he catch it?
He turned to face me once I'd stopped. My eyes darted all around the room only resting on his face for a split second.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's hard being a woman isn't it, we're uncontrollably irrational.