Show Me What I'm Looking For

Tears Seem to be the Only Thing That Remain Constant

Carolina heart began to race as she saw the imagine in front of her. There he was, sitting on the hood of his car in the parking lot of her school. Her grin was as wide as her face could take up. He smiled and then winked in her direction. This was finally happening, he was finally here, she thought.

As she walked closer, she could see him fading away. she blinked her eyes a couple of time only to realize it was a figment of her imagination. She was really missing Nick. Her large intake of breath made Annie curious beside her. “I think I’m going to walk home by myself today. I just need to think about some things.”

Annie nodded her head in concern at her best friend as Carolina gave her a small smile and wave. Her mind was blank, she didn’t know what had happened in the parking lot meant. Nick had yet to contact her this entire week. She was starting to worry if he didn’t want to talk to her anymore.

She had an after school club and decided to tell Kevin that she was getting a ride with Annie. Kevin was taking good care of Amelia at the house. It was silent as Carolina began walking the way to her home, what she called it.

It took her a few seconds, but she decided to send a message to Nick. Why are you ignoring me? Am or did I do something wrong?

There was no reply for minutes and Carolina felt like crying. Of course they had gotten back together, but it wasn’t like him not to answer her. She was starting to get worried about their relationship.

Only two minutes later was there a buzz coming from her phone. Don’t worry about it. She looked at the message with large quistioning eyes. What was that supposed to mean? She didn’t have a clue.

“You can do this Carolina. Its probably me just overreacting. Nick cares about you and that’s all there is.” She tried to reassure herself, but she didn’t know if it was really working. There were may different senarios racing through her mind of what could happen.

Rubbing her temples, she tried to soothen the pain inside of her head and heart. She began walking in the silence around her; it was something she enjoyed, it gave her a sense of peace.

The closer she walked to her home, the more she got this weird feeling in the pit of her stomach. It was like she was being warned from something. She ignored it after a few seconds and started walking again.

Her eyes widened as she as the tip of another car in Kevin’s driveway. She walked slower than her normal pace and as she got closer her eyes widened. The familiar mustang was in his driveway. He was sitting on the trunk of his car waiting for her.

Carolina had no idea what to do. Her breathing quickened rapidly. His smile was enough to drive her crazy and for the tears to start falling. She thought her mind was playing tricks on her again, but it had looked so real. He jumped off from the trunk and was still smiling at his girlfriend.

Nick was nervous beyond imaginable. He had been disregarding all of her calls and messages for this moment. He knew if he would have talked to her he would have told her when he got back and he wanted to surprise her. “I knew you would come here.”

After blinking a few times, Carolina did the first thing to come to mind, she ran to him. He picked her up and spun her around with a kiss. The taste was something she could never forget. Six months without him was torture and now he was back. She ran her hand through his shorter curls while giggling. “Tell me this isnt some dream.”

“I’m here Care, I’m not leaving you anytime soon.” He kissed his girlfriend again. “How about we go inside and see Kevin. I havent seen him in about six months.”

There was a pause in her eyes as she looked at Nick. He didn’t seem to notice her hesitance. Their fingers were interlaced with one another and Carolina felt at peace. She finally had her boyfriend back with her. The door was now open and they were walking in. “Carolina?”

A silence filled the house as Kevin saw his younger brother next to the girl whom he loved. He couldn’t believe that his brother was home. Now his hopeless chance to win Carolina’s heart was even more hopeless. “Nick? What are you doing here?”

“Well, that wasn’t the greeting I was hoping for Kevin, way to be rude.” Nick joked around with his older brother. Kevin wasn’t smiling at his surroundings. The tension was beginning to become thick, filling the whole room.

Kevin shook his head and then plastered on a fake smile for his youger brother. She knew that he wasn’t that happy that Nick was back. Carolina looked into his eyes and knew that he was putting on a show. “I’m sorry about that. I’m just really surprised that you’re home. You told me you weren’t getting back for another two weeks.”

“I wanted to surprise Carolina. I knew if I’d have told you than you just would have told her.” Nick smiled at his loving girlfriend and hugged her tighter. Kevin was also looking at his brother’s girlfriend with somber eyes and Carolina looked at him with a certain look in her eyes. “What’s going on between you two? Did something happen while I was gone? Is no one going to talk to me?”

There was another silence filling the room. Nick looked from his girlfiend to his older brother in confusion. He didn’t want to know. He knew his brother had a thing for Carolina, Kevin didn’t have to say it for it to be known.

A possibility dawned Carolina’s thoughts. What if she and Nick didn’t make it past this moment. It took her two seconds to make it over to her boyfriend. She grabbed his face and put every feeling into that single kiss. “I love you so much.”

In her mind, she knew it would be a good distraction; for how long though, she didn’t know. Carolina knew that she had broken Kevin’s heart in that moment. There was no doubt about that.

“Nick, I have something big to tell you and I don’t know how you’re going to react. There are two things actually, one good and the other bad. Which one do you want to hear first?” Her tone was almost so content that she couldn’t recognize it herself.

He didn’t know which one to pick; both actually didn’t seem that great to him. The feeling in the pit of his stomach was going more towards the bad news. He wanted to get that one over with. “I’ll take the bad news first.”

Of course she knew that he would take the bad news fist. It was Nick after all. She loved him and he loved her, that’s just how it went. Her mind was racing with all of the ways that would make him less upset; either way she knew it was going to hurt him. All she wanted to do was get this over with.

“It was a major accident, but I cheated on you.” tears were falling down her face. Nick was shocked to hear this from his girlfriend. He partially thought that she was joking him. then he saw it, Kevin moved himself closer to Carolina. Nick immediately stood up and shoved kevin into the nearest wall.

“You couldn’t not stay away from her! I warned you not to do anything and you do it anyways! What kind of brother are you?” Nick was yelling in Kevin’s face. Carolina just stood there looking appalled. Was she really the only one that didn’t know he had feeling for her? His voice just got louder. “I cant believe this!”

Milliseconds passed as Carolina made her way over to Nick. She protested that he stop instantly. “Do think you’re gotten out scotch free Care, because you haven’t.”

“I didn’t mean to Nick. I had a dream about you and thought Kevin was you. its not my fault.” her tears were falling, but it wasn’t as bad as it was going to be.

“You’ve been staying here?” his booming voice wasn’t happy at the newly heard fact. There was a silence from both Carolina and Kevin. They didn’t know what to say. They wanted him to calm down before he found out the other news. He needed to understand all of this.

Carolina looked at the scene in front of her and grimaced. “Yes, I have.”

There was nothing more that Nick wanted than to be away from here. He didn’t know what to think of the whole situation in front of him. he looked from Carolina to Kevin and then back to his girlfriend. “What did you do with him?”

“I kissed him, twice.” she said lowly, but he had heard him. Right when she had said that, he could hear Kevin whisper something that fueled the fire. He knew it was a lie, at least he thought he did. He had said that they had done the deed.

Nothing stopped Nick from punching Kevin’s face in this time. He could hear Carolina’s loud protests but decided to ignore them. He didn’t want to listen to her anymore, he was more focused on something else.

One constant punch after was all it took to send Nick into overdrive. He’d been angry about a lot of things, but never had he imagined thins. “You regret saying that now, don’t you! you know that I love her and you still tried to get a chance to take her away from me! You’re sick and dead to me!”

It took a lot of strength for Carolina to try and grab her boyfriend’s arm. He had slapped her square in the cheek. “Get your cheating hands of me you whore!”

She immediately stopped when she had heard those words. He sounded so much like her father that she backed away. It was like she was hearing his voice over and over again in her head. He was right, she had already told the same thing to Kevin.

Just then a loud cry filled the house. She didn’t want him to find out like this, when he was like this. That would have been tragic. Everyone was silent, especially Nick. “What’s that noise?”

Carolina didn’t move from where she was standing, she was still in shock from all of it. Nick quickly ran to where the sound was with Carolina hot behind his trail, calling out to him. It was silent when the door opened and he saw her.

Amelia was squirming as she cried out for her mother. Carolina quickly made her way around Nick to pick up her child. “Who is that and what is she doing here?”

This was not the way that Carolina had planned on the two meeting. She was scared of what was going through his mind. It was in that silence when he put two and two together. Their similar attributes made everything clear. “How do you even know that she’s mine? What if shes not?”

Her jaw dropped when she heard what her boyfriend had said. He walked out of the room and back to the front of the house.

“Really? What do you mean ‘if she’s not yours’? Nick, I’ve only ever slept with you!” it hurt to hear what he had said. He had really thought that she would sleep with someone else. Tears were falling down faster than a waterfall. Carolina could see the Kevin had left, but didn’t seem to care.

“How am I supposed to know that? How can I even trust you anymore?” he yelled at the love of his life.

She didn’t look at him, she knew that it would hurt too much. It was beginning to become dark outside. She looked at the child in her hands and smiled sadly with tears falling down her face. “Her name is Amelia Grace.”

When the two locked eyes on the small child, both of their hearts began to break. “Why didn’t you tell me Care?”

“What would you have done Nick, come back from your worldwide tour just to take care of me and our child?! No, I couldn’t let you do that! You’ve spent so much time getting yourself to where you are now! It would have been selfish of me to stop you!” she practically yelled at him.

Nick rubbed his hands on his face and began to pull lightly on his shorter curls. “You could have at least told me what was going on! Don’t you think I would like to know that I have a daughter? Selena was right.”

Bringing up that one girls name made a fire appear in front of her eyes. “Oh, Selena was right about what? What was she doing talking about me anyways? All she wanted was you! “

“You know what, I cant handle this! We need a break from each other, to clear our minds.” Nick threw his arms up in the air and walked out of the door leaving his ex girlfriend and their child all without his care.

Carolina let out a large cry as she pulled on a large portion of her hair. How could her life now be in ruins? Just yesterday she had told Nick that she had loved him and him her. She looked at her child’s face and began to weep as she stood up. She needed to get out of here.

Walking into her room, she grabbed what little money she had. It wasn’t enough for anything so Carolina did the one thing she knew she would regret, she took money from Kevin. In total, she preobably now had four hundred dollars. It was enough for something, hopefully.

Amelia looked at her mother while crying. Carolina grabbed her child and walked out the door. With tears in both of their eyes, they started their endevour. “Hush little baby, we’re gonna make it through this, I know it. We have each other and that’s all we need for right now and always.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT ITS FINALLY OVER! THIS IS IT! WHERE IT ALL ENDS!
Its almost been two years since I've started this story and it had indeed became my baby like Amelia. Carolina has grown as a mature person and i feel like she is kind of lifelike. She's realized who her friends are and what to do with life. Now onto other tihngs, i would like to thank all of you readers, subscribers and commenters for all that you've done to get me to the point where I am now, with this story ten stars and completed. Dont forget the epic SEQUEL that is coming next as well. All of you lovely people subscribe, that would be aweosme. OH and before I forget, I posted a little DELETED SCENE if you want to check it out. Denise and Paul make their appearance. I LOVE YOU ALL! So, for the last time on this story, dont forget to...

COMMENT
SUBSCRIBE
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
BANNERS WOULD BE NICE TOO (:

Sincerely,
Treasured Scars.