Creatures of the Night

Chapter seven- Pulses

Looking up from the floor, Billie turned to Mike who's face was confused and worried.
"So.." Mike began but didn't finish his sentence.
"Don't worry Mike, I'll be okay." Billie comforted his friend.
" What do you mean by vampire? do you get burned by the sun and suck...human blood?" Mike questioned looking sick.
"I don't know. The sun does seem a lot brighter to me now but i haven't yet..." Billie stopped, staring at Mike. Staring at Mikes neck. There was a tiny vein visible, and Billie could see the little pulses of blood being pumped through from his heart to his entire body. It was like he was in a trance, unable to tear his eyes away from the tiny vein. He could feel points in his mouth. Tiny, sharp, points. Teeth. Growing. Mike knew what was going on, he could see it in his friends yearning eyes. Billie longed for his blood.
"Billie?" Mike calmly tried to get his attention. "Billie? Snap out of it. BILLIE!" Billie jumped at the loud words. He was breathing heavily and quickly. "So you do drink human blood." Billie was horrified. Was that how he was going to act now for the rest of his life?
"Holy shit,"
"Billie are you okay?"
"Fuck, Mike i gotta go," Billie said whilst pushing past his friend.
"Where are you going?" Mike begged to Billie who was already at the door.
"I'm leaving tonight." And with that, Billie slammed the door shut and hurriedly went to find the one responsible for his downfall.
Mike knew he couldn't just watch him throw his life away on something this bizarre.
"Billie!" He called after him.
"You can't stop me Mike." Billie yelled back without looking back. He just kept walking.
"Billie you can't just leave. what about Adie and your kids?" Billie stopped, hesitated, then turned.
"I love them Mike, but i don't want them to suffer. Its better if i just leave." It had begun to get dark out but even in the poor light, Mike could see tears twinkling in Billies eyes. He was about to speak but before he could, Billie turned and carried on into the night.