Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

I'll Give You Everything Because You're Mine

The rest of the day went by uneventfully. We drove back to Planet Hollywood where we met up with Justin and Halvo and hung out for a little bit in the Extra Lounge which was located in the middle of the loud casino. We talked and joked around then decided that we would go to P.F. Chang’s for my birthday dinner. When we got back to the room I called the restaurant that was downstairs and made a reservation at 9 PM for six; it was the only opening.

Nick and I ordered a movie off of the TV and watched it together in silence only occasionally saying something about the lead actress’ bad acting. When the movie was over, we continued to watch mindless TV. He had his arm wrapped around me shoulders as I cuddled into his side and he flipped through the channels with his right hand. It shocked me how quickly I got comfortable around him. I would definitely not have been doing this with anybody else.

“This is weird.” I said softly, trying not to break the peaceful atmosphere we had created.

I felt him move his head so he could look at me, “What is?” He asked in the same tone.

I looked up at him, “The fact that I’m already so comfortable with you after four days. I don’t trust people easily, but I trust you completely already and I don’t know why.” I admitted. “I could trust you with my life and it just seems weird to me, but at the same time it feels so completely normal.” I confessed.

A smile slowly spread across his face, “I feel it too, Sawyer. There’s something about you that had me drawn to you and now,” he paused, “I’m hooked.”

I smiled then leaned up to peck his lips. “Is it totally crazy to be having these intense feelings for someone you just met?” I wondered aloud.

“Maybe, but if it means you’re crazy, then I’m right there with you.”

I felt my stomach flip and my heart pound in my chest. I still had a small wall built up, but in the meantime I was in such an incredible mood. “So this is for real then? Once you’re done recording and touring all over the U.S., you won’t just drop me?” I asked in a small voice.

He shook his head, “No, I won’t. How many times do I have to tell you?” He asked, a bit peeved.

“At least once a day.” I mumbled looking down. “That’s the only thing I’m insecure about.” I raised my head to look at him again.

“Well don’t be. You have nothing to worry about.” He said reassuringly and pressed his lips to my forehead for a lingering kiss.

I closed my eyes and took in his sweet gesture then looked down and started playing with the necklace that was resting on his chest. “It’s still going to be there nagging at me everyday, though; it always seems like everyone is leaving me.” I sighed, “Hanley is the only one that hasn’t, yet and I’m scared she will; she’s been talking about moving out to New York. She’s really all I’ve got left, so I don’t want you fucking with my heart then just up and leaving because too many people have in my life and I’m sick of it.” I felt a few tears slip out of my eyes and down my cheeks.

Nick was silent and after a good forty-five seconds of him not responding, I looked up at him. He was looking at me with such an intensity that I’d never seen before. I opened my mouth to ask him what was wrong, but he spoke first.

“Marry me.”

My mouth dropped in shock and my mind buzzed with disbelief. Did he really just ask me to marry him?! Was this all just something I thought up in my head? Was I really actually dreaming right now?

“Wha-what?” I managed to get out.

“Sawyer, I want you to marry me.”

Looks like I wasn’t dreaming and I had heard him correctly.

I pulled away from his grasp, so I could sit up and stare at him incredulously. “Are you high right now?” I asked.

“No!” He laughed. “Hear me out. I want to show you that I’m not going anywhere. I’m not like them. I’ll do a lot of leaving, but I’ll always come back.”

I stared at him searching his face for any signs of a joke as my mind went into overdrive. Was he actually being serious? Was I actually considering this?

“I care about you a lot. I can see myself loving you in the near future. I want you to marry me sometime down the road because I can see myself growing old with you. I can see us sitting on a front porch somewhere in the country listening to old country music drinking lemonade while our kids are off somewhere in the world, all grown up, living their lives.” He said as he stared into my eyes and took a hold of my hands in his. “Sawyer, marry me.”

“You see that after four days?” I asked, still stunned by what was happening.

“I’m a good judge of character.” He smirked.

“I’m not even legal yet.” I said.

Nick looked over at the clock on the nightstand and I followed his gaze. 12:17. I looked back at him. He was smiling widely at me.

“Happy birthday.”
---
“I can’t believe we just did that.” I said in astonishment as we walked to the van. I was looking down at the marriage license in my right hand as my left one clutched onto his right.

We had driven down the strip and looked for the nicest chapel and settled on one towards the end called The Little White Wedding Chapel. I wore the one dress I brought while he wore dark wash skinny jeans and a nice button up. The ring that was on my left ring finger was the teal one that he wore on his left pinky. He told me he would buy me a nice ring later in the day, but I told him it wasn’t necessary. He still insisted on it, though.

“How are we going to tell everyone?” He asked as we drove back up the strip, towards our hotel.

“Do we need to tell everyone right away? Can’t we keep it to ourselves for a while?” I asked then squeezed his hand that I was holding onto over the center console.

He nodded, “That would be the best idea.” He smiled, “So, Mrs. Sawyer Santino, you just turned eighteen and got married! How does that make you feel?” He asked in his best announcer voice.

“Amazing.” I smiled adoringly at him.

He smiled back, “I feel amazing, too.” He said back in his normal voice.

I was probably crazy for going out and getting marred to some guy who I haven’t even known for a week, but I was happy and that’s all that really mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
"I’ll do a lot of leaving, but I’ll always come back."
I can't even begin to explain how much I love this quote. I find it SO adorable. :]

I'm kind of upset that I only got one comment, but whatever. I guess I deserve it for not updating in forever.
But with this one. I want at least five comments before I update again. I think this chapter is worth it. Don't you?

Title credit: Pump Yr Breaks by Amazing Baby