Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

I Am Yours and I Know This

“Sawyer, wake up.” I heard an unfamiliar yet familiar voice say to me. It didn’t exactly sound like they were in the room with me, but I blamed it on the fact that I was half asleep.

“mmm.” I groaned. “Go away.” I mumbled.

“Come on, it’s your birthday! You’re eighteen!” Whoever it was was being way too enthusiastic for the morning.

“Exactly why you should let me sleep.” I said in annoyance.

“Sawyer, come on.”

I rolled over in a huff, ready to give this person a piece of my mind. When I turned, I saw a computer sitting on Nick’s side of the bed and William Beckett grinning at me on the screen. iChat. I was going to kill Nick.

My eyes grew wide and I looked up at Nick who was standing at the side of the bed behind the computer, stifling his laughter.

William smiled at me, “Good morning!”

I blushed as I hid my face in the pillows. “Nick, I can’t believe you did this.” I hissed at him.

William laughed, “Happy birthday, Sawyer. Eighteen is a good year.”

I smiled at the computer even though I was embarrassed. “Thanks.”

“So I heard you’re a really big fan of my band.” He said with a smirk.

I groaned as I shoved my head into the pillows. William and Nick laughed at my embarrassment. “I’m so glad that my embarrassment amuses you, Nicholas.” I said as I looked up at him.

He shrugged, “He just wanted to know about you.”

I looked back at the computer screen. “I’m flattered.” William said. I then realized he was sitting on a bus. Someone walked by then turned and looked at the screen.

“Bill, who are you talking to?” They asked.

Oh dear God. I thought to myself as I rested the side of my face on my head and stared at the screen unbelievably.

“Nick Santino’s girlfriend. It’s her eighteenth birthday.” He said to whoever was behind him.

“This is so embarrassing.” I said to myself causing Nick to laugh. I looked up and glared at him.

“Oh really?” A guy I recognized as the lead singer of The Cab appeared on screen. “Hey!” He smiled.

I busted out laughing, rolling over on my back. When I regained my composure I looked at Nick and the two guys on the screen. “It’s Russell Brand!” I said through laughter.

They all looked confused.

What?” Nick finally asked.

“Yeah! What?!” The singer asked.

“Sorry! Sorry!” I laughed again. “My cousin thinks you look like Russell Brand because of your hair.” I said as I wiped the tears that rolled down my cheeks from my laughter. It was silent except for my light giggles. After a couple more seconds of silence the three of them burst into laughter.

“Wow! I have never gotten that before!” He said through laughter.

I smiled as everyone’s laughter calmed down.

“What are you guys laughing at?” Someone said on the other side of the computer.

That’s when I got annoyed again. Really? All these people I’ve never met before were getting to see me right when I wake up with sleepy eyes and completely no makeup on?

Adam Siska appeared on the screen and smiled at me. “Oh, hey there!” He said and I waved unenthusiastically.

“This is Nick Santino’s girlfriend. She’s eighteen today and also likes The Academy Is…” William explained to him.

“Oh!” Adam exclaimed. “Happy birthday!” He said.

“Thanks.” I said.

“Let’s sing her “Happy Birthday!”” Alex exclaimed.

I groaned and Nick laughed. The four of them proceeded to sing me “Happy Birthday” then told me they had to go because they were going to go catch an early dinner before their show.

“How was that wake up call?” Nick asked with a smirk.

“That was so mean.” I pouted.

He pouted right back, “I’m sorry.” He leaned down on the bed and kissed my lips, pulling away so only a few centimeters were separating us. “Happy birthday Mrs. Santino.” He whispered.

I smiled at me new name. It was amazing how just hearing him say that put butterflies in my stomach. I pecked his lips, “Thank you, Husband.” I said

He smiled, “Never did I think I’d get married in Vegas sober at least.”

I chuckled, “I know what you mean. Never did I think the first half hour of being an adult that I’d get married.”

He smiled. “But look at us. Here we are in Vegas, married and you’ve only been legal for eleven hours.” We kissed again.

“You’re amazing, you know that?” I said when we pulled away.

“Hey now!” He said, putting a little bit of space between us. “It’s your birthday! I’m supposed to be complimenting you.

I rolled my eyes playfully and dropped my head onto the pillow. He got up from the bed and grabbed his Macbook then put it on the desk. My phone went off right as he set down the laptop. I groaned.

“It’s been going off all morning.” He said as he handed it to me.

“Wonderful.” I mumbled then began going through my messages.

A couple were from friends that I made at the high school I went to before switching to Options. Some were from family members. Some asked what I was doing for my “big one-eight.” I replied to all of them with a “thank you” and told the ones that asked I was in Vegas with my boyfriend, his band mates, and my best friend. Only my good friends replied back asking me since when did I have a boyfriend and what band he was in. I explained to them that I had only been since Wednesday and the name of his band. I was only talking to two people and one of them knew who A Rocket To The Moon was, which shocked me.

“So my cousin knows who your band is.” I told Nick once he got out of the bathroom.

“Oh really?” He said with a raised eyebrow.

I nodded right when my phone chimed in my hand.

‘Sawyer, you know who they are, too. We went and saw them the last time you were here.’

I slapped my hand to my forehead then laughed at my stupidity.

“What?” Nick asked as he laid down next to me.

“I’ve seen you live before.”

His eyebrows pulled together in confused, “When?!

I laughed, “September.”

“You weren’t at the Chain Reaction show.”

“No! I was up in Hesperia visiting my dad’s side of the family and my cousin dragged me to Karma to see The Cab.” I explained. “I just totally forgot. You did look familiar when I saw you on Monday.”

“But you said you didn’t know who we were.” He was still confused.

“I wasn’t paying attention to the names.” I gave him a sad smile. “I remember liking your music, though.” I smiled reassuringly at him.

“You should have tracked me down. I was roaming all over the place.”

“I remember you walking over to merch after your set. You looked kind of sad that day.”

“I was really tired.” He explained then pouted. “Why didn’t you come up to me?” He asked sadly.

“Don’t take this personally, but I really didn’t care.” I smiled sadly at him. “I was too busy making fun of that guy from The Cab with my cousin. That’s when he said that his hair looked like Russell Brand.”

Our conversation was cut off by a knock on the door and a voice on the other side yelling out “Room service!”

I looked over at Nick curiously. He quickly pecked my lips then rolled off the bed and disappeared down the hallway. A couple of seconds later, a hotel worker was rolling a cart into the room with trays and drinks littering it. Nick tipped him as he left then brought over a tray to the bed.

“French toast and orange juice for the birthday girl slash bride.” He said as I sat up in bed then put it on my lap.

I gaped at him “H-how did you know this was my favorite?” I asked.

“Sweetie, I’m your husband now. I know everything.” He said as he walked back with a tray for himself consisting of a Spanish omelet and apple juice.

“You asked Hanley, didn’t you?” I asked.

He sighed in defeat, “Yeah.” He said and I snorted then began eating my breakfast.

When I started on my second piece of French toast, my phone began ringing. I knew it was someone in my family just by the ringtone. “Dad” flashed across the screen and I answered happily.

“Hey Dad.” I smiled.

“Happy birthday!” He said happily.

“Thanks.”

“How are you, Sweetie?” He asked. “I’m shocked you’re even up right now.”

I rolled my eyes, “I can get up at a decent hour, Dad.” I said. “And I’m pretty good. I got fired on Tuesday, but everything else is good.” I said then took a bite of French toast.

“How’d you get fired?!

“I was late.” I said nonchalantly.

“Of course you were.” He chuckled. “So what are you doing?”

“Eating breakfast in bed.” I said then looked over and smiled at Nick, who returned it quickly.

“Did you make it yourself or what?”

I rolled my eyes again, “No. Room service brought it.”

“What do you mean “room service brought it?” Where are you?” He asked in confusion.

“I’m laying in bed at the Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, Nevada.” I decided to be a smart ass about the whole situation.

“Who are you with?”

“Currently, I’m with my… boyfriend, Nick.” I said as I looked over at Nick, who was watching me and eating at the same time.

“Boyfriend? Man it’s been a crazy week for you, huh?”

I laughed, “Oh yeah.” Strangers in my apartment, car breaks down, get fired, get married. It’s been crazy all right.

“I don’t like you being in Vegas, though.” He said, his fatherly nature coming out.

“Nothin’ you can do about it. I am legally an adult.”

He laughed out loud. “Yeah! Okay! Maybe legally, but you’re still my daughter.”

“Really?” I asked sarcastically. “Don’t worry; Mo’s coming out today.”

“Of course she is.”

I laughed, “You know Mo.”

“uh huh. Well your mother wants to talk to you, so here she is.”

I said goodbye to him then had a short conversation with my mother. When I hung up I looked over at Nick. He was playing with the last remaining bits of his omelet. He slowly looked over at me and a smile tugged at my lips.

“Your dad freak out?” He asked.

I nodded, “yeah, but it’s not like there’s anything he can do about it.” I shrugged. “I’ll probably get an ear full next week when they come out here.”

He nodded then slid out of bed, taking the tray over to the cart. He came back for mine then told me to get ready. “We’re going shopping. I’m buying you whatever you want.” He said with a smile.

“Nick,” I began, but he cut me off.

“Come on, Wifey.” He said as he helped me up from the bed. “It’s your day.”

I groaned, but let him push me into the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter sucks. Yup.
Before I got a new computer, I had this typed and I changed a lot and it was better than this, but now I'm just stuck with this piece of shit. Whatever.
Thank you to my two commenters. You made me happy :]

Chapter title: Light by The Rocket Summer