Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

I Lack the Confidence to Say What's on My Mind

I was being guided through a casino. The atmosphere was really loud with the mix of a remix of Kanye West’s “Heartless” blasting over the PA system and the loud chatter and laughter along with the dinging of the slot machines. I could barely even comprehend what was happening in my surroundings.

Nick had his hands on my hips as he led me through the crowd. “Okay, we’re getting on an escalator” He whispered in my ear.

I began to freak out “B-but I can’t see!” I cried.

“Here, when I tell you, jump a little.” I nodded and waited for him to give me the “okay.” “Do it… now.” I jumped lightly and felt him grasp onto my hips and lift me the slightest bit.

“Oh my God! I’m going to get sucked under at the top!” I said, beginning to freak out a little more. I always had this weird fear of being sucked under by an escalator. It started when I was younger and just stuck with me all my life.

Nick chuckled, “You’re going to be fine. Jump again when I tell you.”

I let out a shaky breath and nodded. “Hanley, I don’t know where you are, but I hate you so much right now!” I yelled so she could hear me.

I heard laughter from in front of me. “Yeah, love you, too, Babe.”

“Okay jump.” Nick said softly.

I jumped again and felt his hands grasp onto my hips just like the first time.

“It would really suck to be blind.” I said as I was led somewhere else. “Just sayin’.”

Nick laughed from behind me along with a couple other people I couldn't identify. A couple seconds passed before I heard all the guys groan.

“What the fuck is this?!” Halvo cried.

My heartbeat picked up with anxiety.

“Shut up, you pussy!” Hanley yelled back.

“Where are we?!” I asked in a panic.

Everyone was quiet. I could just imagine Hanley giving everyone death glares telling them to keep their mouths shut. “You’ll see when we sit down.” She said.

I felt Nick’s hands leave my hips then gently grasp onto my shoulders. He sighed, “I can’t believe I’m about to do this right now.” He said to himself.

On the inside I was full on freaking out. Where was I?!

“I need to see your Ids and tickets.” A women said.

I felt someone take my clutch from my hand then put it back moments later. We were moving again.

“Okay, we’re at our seats and I feel very uncomfortable.” Nick said as he pressed down on my shoulder so I could sit.

“I’m seriously going to kill you, Hanley.” I heard Justin say.

“It’s for Sawyer, suck it up!” She said from somewhere near me.

“I’m sitting, can I take this off now?” I asked.

“Yeah, come here.” Hanley said.

She couldn’t see, but I was giving her a look that said “really?” “I can’t see, Hanley.” I said after some silence.

“Oh, right.” She laughed then I felt someone in front of me. Their hands were on the back of my head, untying the bandana.

I couldn’t be happier to have the cloth away from my face and the ability to see again. Once it was off, though, I looked around warily at my surroundings. We were sitting in a smallish theater type of this that was kind of dim. The crowd was made up mostly of women. Nick was sitting to my right with Justin sitting next to him and Halvo on the other side. Malinda was on my left and Hanley next to her.

“…where are we?” I asked.

Nick, Justin, and Halvo all had unamused looks on their faces. They definitely didn’t want to be there. The lights went off and everyone started cheering. Music began playing and the stage lit up. A group of guys walked out on stage in blue jeans and black cowboy hats.

What the fuck was this?

I looked over at Hanley, who was smirking at me. Malinda was laughing at my look of confusion.

“What the fuck is this?” I yelled over the loud music and cheers. The guys on stage began dancing provocatively and my jaw dropped in shock.

“Thunder From Down Under, Baby!” Malinda yelled then cheered along with everyone else.

I looked at Nick with wide eyes. He looked way too uncomfortable for his own good. He had his head turned away from the stage and looking down with his hand up towards the side of his face to block his peripheral vision.

This was not what I had expected.
---
“I feel so dirty.” I said as I shuddered. We were all walking out of the theater after the show ended.

“I can’t believe they pulled you up on stage.” Halvo laughed.

I shuddered again, remembering when one of the guys dragged me out of my seat and up on stage much to my dismay. My party was laughing the whole time except for Nick; he had a scowl on the whole time as the guy gave me a lap dance.

“That was something I never wanted to experience in my life. Ever.” I said in disgust.

“Oh, com on, Prude.” Malinda laughed. She was a bit tipsy from all the alcohol she’d consumed during the show.

“I bet if you weren’t a virgin you’d feel differently.” Hanley said.

“You’re a virgin?” Justin asked in astonishment.

I glared at Hanley as a blush crept up my neck. “I don’t think I’ve ever hated you more in my life than I do right now.” I said then turned to Justin “And yes, I am a virgin. Do you have a problem with that?” I asked in anger and he quickly shook his head.

“I think it’s hot.” Nick said as he put his arm around my shoulders.

“Yeah, I’m sure.” I said glumly.

“I’m serious!” He said in defense. “You’re just so innocent!” He laughed.

I pushed him away from me and groaned. “You guys are jerks!" They all laughed, making my mood a bit darker.

“Oh come on, Sawyer.” Nick said as he pulled me back into his side and kissed the side of me head. “We’re just kidding.” He said. “It’s cute.” I just rolled my eyes.
---
“So how did you enjoy your birthday?” Nick asked as we both got ready for bed.

We were standing in the bathroom in front of the mirror. I was washing my face while he watched. My hair was pushed back with a fabric headband from American Apparel and put up in a messy bun with a hairtie.

“It was very eventful.” I mused. “Last week I thought I was going to be driving home from Arizona. I did not think I would be married in Vegas with someone I haven’t even known for a week.”

He chuckled, “Me either.”

I looked over at him as I rubbed in the last of the cream across my face. “Are you regretting it?”

He immediately shook his head, “Not at all.” He smiled.

I smiled back then began rinsing my hands of face wash. Once that was done I rinsed my face off.

“So you’re really a virgin?” He asked.

Groaning, I wiped my face off with the fluffy white washcloth I had waiting on the counter. “Yes.”

“hmm.” He leaned his back against the counter and crossed his arms over his chest.

“What?” I asked, patting my face down.

“I just don’t understand.”

I raised an eyebrow at him. “Understand what?” I asked slowly.

“Please explain to me why you’ve never really dated.”

I shrugged, “I wasn’t really attracted to anyone.”

“But you’re attracted to me?” He asked.

I turned and leaned my right side against the counter with my arms folded across my chest facing him “Nah, I just decided to marry you for shits and giggles.”

He looked at me, unamused. “Sawyer, be serious.”

I sighed and averted my gaze from him, “Sorry. I tend to make jokes when I don’t really want to talk about things.”

“Why don’t you want to talk about it?”

I pushed off of the counter and walked out of the bathroom, ignoring his question. In the bedroom, I looked around for something to occupy my attention with. I grabbed my phone and sat down on the bed. Nick stood right next to it.

“Sawyer, what’s going on?” He asked softly. I didn’t answer as I fiddled with the settings on my phone. “Sawyer.” He tried again a bit louder.

“Nothing is going on.” I mumbled.

“And I believe that.” He said with a scoff. I didn’t say anything. Sighing loudly, he sat down in front of me and pulled the phone out of my hand. “Tell me what you’re keeping from me.”

I looked up at him for the first time since the bathroom and glared, “I’m not keeping anything from you.”

He look at me a bit disappointed. “I might not know you well since we haven’t even known each other for a week, but I am your husband and you need to let me in.” He said. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, looking away from him again. “Sawyer, how bad can it be?” He asked in annoyance. “Were you once a man or something?”

I turned and glared at him again, “No, but it’s nice to know you think that I could possibly pull off being a transvestite.” I said harshly.

He groaned at my response, obviously getting agitated. “That is not what I meant by that. Just tell me what you’re keeping from me.”

After some debate in my head I sighed, “I wasn’t exactly the most gorgeous girl when I was younger.” I began.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“Basically, I was a fat little girl up until I was sixteen and a half. My parents decided to let me get surgery. Lapband. Do you know what that it?” I asked and he shook his head. I sighed again, “They put a band around your stomach to make it smaller. It limits how much food you eat and what you eat.” I looked to see if he understood, he nodded. “Well it went well and I obviously lost the weight. You think I’m some gorgeous girl, but I’ve been so used to not being looked at by guys. It’s just weird when you compliment me. I never found anyone attractive because I knew they’d never find me attractive.” I fiddled with my fingers, not looking at him.

“So what was different with me?” He asked.

“Right when I saw you I couldn’t really feel anything else other than attraction. I was a huge bitch, but there were three random guys in my house.” He chuckled. “You were being so nice and amazing. Attraction quickly moved onto a genuine likeness. Now here we are, in Vegas, married.” I smiled softly. “I’m happy. Are you?”

He leaned in and softly kissed my lips. “Yes. I’m happy. So happy.”

I smiled wider then pulled him close, so I could kiss him again. “So happy.” I agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really don't like this chapter; there's too much dialogue. It also makes me feel uncomfortable.

Thanks for commenting, but I'd really appreciate it if more than two people comment. :]

Title credit: Tremors by Two Tongues.