Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

Hey Boy, Won't You Take Me Out Tonight

“So what are we doing?” Malinda asked as she played with my long hair. We were sitting in the kitchen of mine and Hanley’s apartment. Her hair bag was open on the kitchen table while Nick sat in a chair next to it, watching us.

“Just a cut. I don’t feel like coloring my hair then having to grow it out again.” I said.

“How much do you want taken off?” She was running her fingers through the top half of my hair, brushing it with her fingers.

I looked at Nick mentally asking him what I should do. He shrugged and I sighed. “Just cut off three inches and trim my bangs. Maybe after the three I’ll get more off.”

I pictured her nodding as she replied, “Okay, well go get your hair wet.” She said then began getting her scissors out.

Heaving myself out of the chair, I trudged myself over to the sink. This was my least favorite part of the whole experience. “Nick, can you help me out?” I asked sweetly.

He got up and walked over, “This is just so weird for me.” He said and I looked at him in confusion.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Doing hair somewhere other than a salon.”

I chuckled as I leaned my head back into the sink. He turned the water on and began to soak my hair. Once done, he rang my hair in out like a washcloth, making me laugh. “You’re such a nerd.” I said as I twisted my hair up into a towel. From my peripheral vision, I noticed Malinda watching us. “What?” I asked.

“I wish Danny and I were as cute as you guys.” She pouted.

I looked at Nick and smiled, “I’m sensing a pattern here. Everyone keeps telling us how cute we are.” He smiled then leaned down and kissed my forehead. My eyes immediately closed as I took it in.

“Stop being cute!” Malinda cried and I rolled my eyes.

My sister immediately began chopping away at my hair when I sat back down. Her rainbow metallic scissors just going to town on my split ends. Malinda was good at her job. Good and fast. She’d been doing hair since she was twenty and had plenty of years of practice on me. My hair had been plenty of different colors before I moved to Los Angeles. When I got to LA I had no choice but to grow my hair out. I hadn’t done anything with it since then and every once in a while, she’d cut my split ends off.

“So you had me drive all the way out here just to cut your hair?” She asked once she was done.

“Not just mine!” I said in defense then pointed to my husband. “Nick needs one, too.” He had been watching intently the whole time, which amused me quite a bit.

“What are we doing to you, Loverboy?” She asked and I snorted.

Ignoring her comment, he began raking his fingers through his ridiculously long orange hair. “Do you have any orange dye in that bag of tricks you got?” He asked, pointing to the Roxy mini beach bag sitting on the table.

“Hmm…” She hummed as she pulled out a black case and opened it. There were three separate compartments with multiple different tubes of dye and a color wheel. After some sifting, she pulled two different tubes. “I can make something pretty damn close.” She said.

“Okay, sweet.” He smiled.

While Malinda started mixing the dye, I got up, unsnapping the cape from my neck then set it on the table. As I began to make my way to the hallway, Nick stopped me.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

I wracked my brain to come up with an excuse. “uhm,” I stopped as he waited for an answer. “I’m going to pee then I’m going to do my hair.” I lied partially. I did have to pee and I’d most likely end up doing something to my hair. What I was really doing was getting that tattoo Hanley had promised.
---
Hanley already had everything set up in case Nick only wanted a haircut. I was very glad he decided on a dye job as well.

“You hair is shorter!” She exclaimed when I opened her door where she was setting up her tattoo gun.

“It’s only three inches.” I chuckled and she shrugged.

“How long do you think we have?” She asked.

“Well, he’s coloring it, so maybe half and hour before Mo puts the bag on his head and he starts looking for me.”

She nodded, “That should be enough time.”

Next, she picked up the stencil she’d made at work when she went in earlier and told me to lift my shirt. I had changed my mind and told her I wanted the lyric a little bit lower, so she placed the stencil a little bit above my underwear line then told me to look in the mirror hanging by her closet. In one single line “my love is always on your side” was sitting there in beautiful cursive.

I approved it then laid flat on her bed and she began. It was fast and didn’t even take fifteen minutes. I loved it right when I saw it.

“Thank you so much.” I said then hugged her. She had just gotten done bandaging me up and telling me what to do and what not to do with it.

“It’s not problem. It’s a really sweet idea.” She smiled then began cleaning up the mess on her desk.

I left her room after than and went to the bathroom, untying my shirt on the way. The tattoo was pretty low and I could cover it with the waist band of my pajama shorts, but the bandage (which was really just a paper towel and some tape) was a bit bigger and had to be covered with the ratty old t-shirt I was wearing. It was almost five and I was still in my pajamas. Sue me.

I was so excited to show Nick the tattoo, but I didn’t know how to surprise him with it. As I blow dried my hair, I decided he’d have to find it himself.
---
When I was done drying my hair and running my fingers through my waves, Nick appeared in the doorway with the cape still hanging from his neck down his front and a plastic Target bag tied over his hair. I laughed at the sight of him and he narrowed his eyes at me.

“Thanks.” He said which caused me to giggle. “But anyways,” He said. “I’m taking you out to dinner tonight.”

I looked at him in confusion, “Why?” I asked.

“Can’t a husband take his wife to dinner?”

I was about to reply, but was cut off.

“What?!”

My eyes widened as I leaned my head out into the hallway and saw Malinda standing there with her jaw hanging wide open. “You guys got married?!” She yelled.

I didn’t know how to react, so I just blinked, not knowing whether to lie or tell her the truth. Finally, I looked over at Nick for an answer but all he could do was look at me in guilt. Realizing Malinda was still waiting for some sort of an answer, I sighed, “Yeah.”

“When?!”

“My birthday.”

She gaped at us. She probably wasn’t expecting to find out her eighteen year old sister got married to her rock star boyfriend that she hadn’t even known that long. “On your birthday?!” She exclaimed. “You’ve kept it from everyone for that long?!”

“Yes.” I bluntly said. I was honestly tired of getting this reaction from people.

“Does anyone know?”

I nodded, “Hanley knows and so does his band.”

“Well when are you going to tell Mom and James?”

I looked at Nick, “Well,” I started, “we don’t know yet, but we’re telling his parents this week when we’re in Massachusetts.”

“I can’t believe you got married!

I rolled my eyes, “It’s been five months since it happened, so…” Then it dawned on me: it was the sixteenth. I smiled, “Five months exactly.” I looked up at Nick again, who was smiling as well then leaned up on my top toes and pecked his lips. “Happy five month anniversary.” I said, still smiling.

“Now do you understand why I want to take you out tonight?” He asked with a smile and I nodded.

“Okay all of this cute shit is making it hard for me to be upset with you guys.” Malinda said.

I just chuckled and wrapped my arms around Nick’s waist.

“Mom and James are going to be pissed, you know that right?” She asked and I sighed then buried my face in Nick’s chest.

“Yes.” I mumbled.

“You need to tell them soon.” Yes, but “when?” was the question.
---
Malinda got over the shock of Nick and I’s marriage long enough to wash the color out of his hair and chop most of it off. He said he wanted a change and wasn’t ready to give up his orange hair, so instead he cut a good portion of it and styled it to his liking.

When he walked into the living room, where Malinda was checking out my ring, I laughed out loud.

“What?” He huffed in annoyance.

“Ryan Cabrera called; he wants his hair back.” Malinda cracked up while Nick grumbled and stomped into the kitchen. “Baby, you know I’m kidding! Not really, though; it does look like Ryan Cabrera, but I love his hair!” I called out, turning my body around so I was facing him in the kitchen.

He grabbed a bottle of Vitamin Water out of the refrigerator and eyes me. In response, I smiled. “You know I love you.”

“Uh huh.” He said then took a drink from the bottle.

“You’re right. That hair just brought on all of this massive hate for you. We can’t be together anymore, I want a divorce.” I deadpanned. “Nick, you look good. Sexy!” I cheered loudly.

That got a smile out of him. “Just shut up and get ready for dinner.” He laughed.
---
Malinda was hanging out with Hanley when we left. Hanley had just ordered Chinese take out and Malinda was beginning to tell her about a new tattoo she wanted.

“You look very beautiful tonight.” Nick said as we walked to my Jetta.

I was wearing a light pink dress with a dark gray sweater-I had pushed the sleeves up my arms-over it and a pair of heeled booties.

I smiled, “Thank you.” I pressed the unlock button on my keys as we got closer to the little white car. “Are you driving or am I?” I asked.

“Doesn’t matter.” He said to which I handed him the keys causing him to laugh.

I cringed as I sat down and the tender skin where my new ink was bunched and the rough fabric of my dress hit it the wrong way. Luckily, Nick didn’t notice since he was too busy plugging in my iPod that I had handed him before we got out of the elevator into the stereo. Immediately, he put on one of my favorite songs making me smile. I sang along to the beginning intro part normally as Nick pulled out of the stall and made his way out of the underground parking garage.

I couldn’t help but to dance to the infectious beat playing out of my car speakers, clapping along with it when we pulled out onto the main street. When we pulled out onto the main street, I began to sing obnoxiously loud. “And you said!” I turned and sang to Nick, who instantly began laughing. “It was like fire around the brim!” I exaggerated hand motions out to him. “Burning solid. Burning thin. The burning rim! Like stars burning holes right through the dark, flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes!”

Despite his laughter, Nick joined in with me, but still paid attention to the road. “You were one inch from the edge of this bed!” We rolled our windows down, letting the pre summer air will the car and let everyone know how much fun we were having. “I drag you back, a sleepyhead! Sleepyhead!” The music had us both dancing in our seats and I couldn’t help, but to laugh. We were stopped at a red-light and the people in the car next to us were staring on.

This was what I loved about Nick; he didn’t care about that stuff. If he wanted to dance along to the amazing beat of an infectious electronic song then he would… even if he looked like a total white boy with no dance moves.

He sang the rest of the song to me in a ridiculous high voice like the lead singer as I watched on in amusement and adoration. I was so glad he picked me. And loved me. And wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. Despite all that had happened in the past week, I was happy and nothing was going to stop me from staying that way.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit.
song.
Seriously when I saw this picture of Nick on my Tumblr dash last year all I could think of was "why is someone posting Ryan Cabrera?" then I saw the tattoos and realized it was Santino. I mean, come on, look at it!
Anyways, Comment yeah?<3

Title credit: My Love by The Bird & The Bee