Still so Young - Desperate for Attention

Chapter Two.

---

Ryan

---

Why does my mom fucking call in the middle of band practice? We were finally able to start playing again after that interruption.

“Trevor, it’s 2/3 timing not 4/4!” I groaned.

“What is the fucking difference?!” he yelled.

“The fucking difference is the beat. God, if you don’t know how to play 2/3 just listen to
Spencer.”

---

“No, Trevor, no. Just leave, okay?” I snapped a few tries later.

“What?” he laughed.

“Get out!”

“Ryan.” Spencer warned standing up.

“No, Spencer. Go away, Trevor, we’re better without you, so get out!” I snapped. He looked taken back for a second before he rolled his eyes, dropped his guitar, and walked out. The guitar was still ringing through the room faintly when I collapsed and wrapped my arms around my knees with my own guitar still awkwardly against my chest. Spencer dropped down beside me and undid the guitar strap, sliding it out from between me, before pulling me into him.

“What’s going on?” he asked quietly. I didn’t say anything, just pulled out my phone and handed it to him.

“You’re transferring?”

---

Brendon

---

“Fuck.” Brent cursed as he pulled out his phone.

“Brent!” I snapped covering Will’s ears, who giggled quietly.

“My guitarist was just kicked out and I wasn’t even fucking there!” he groaned. See, Brent is in a band –says it’s his band- but he never goes to the practices.

“Language.” I warned. He rolled his eyes.

“Why do you even hang out with us?” Gabe asked before covering his own mouth and staring at him wide eyed before rambling on, “it just came out, I swear, I-”

“Yeah, why do you hang out with us, Brent?” I cut him off. William was in a fit of giggles along with Greta when he glared at me and Gabe.

“Well, I’m gonna go.” He snapped grabbing his phone off the table and storming out. We all waved at him through the window and when he was gone, we erupted in a fit of laughter.

“Guys, that was so mean!” Greta protested, but she was still laughing.

“But he’s so annoying!” Ryland groaned.

My phone started buzzing in my pocket. It was a text from mom.

School Night.

I groaned, “Hey, Will, we have to go.” I told him calmly. He pouted, “I know, but it’s a school night, mom said to come home.”

He sighed before reluctantly standing up.

“We’ll see you guys later.” I said as everyone got to their feet.

“I think we’re all gonna head out, too.” Gabe said tossing his ice cream into the trashcan.

We all exchanged our hugs and goodbyes yelling a ‘thank you’ to the lady behind the counter before leaving.

“Did you guys have fun?” Mom asked as we stepped inside.

“Mhmm!” Will hummed excitedly.

“Brendon?” She asked.

“Yeah, it was fun.” I shrugged.

“Oh, and we met this new guy!” Will squealed excited. Mom raised her eyebrows.

“His name’s Jon. He’s Greta’s friend or something.”

Mrs. Urie dropped the subject after that.