Glitter in the air

Speak

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beeep. BeeppBeppBeepBeep.

Alright, alright! Just shut up already!

I checked the gold, loose clock on my forearm, and it read 6:05. I got up, showered, washed my teeth and face and I even put on some perfumed cream on myself and I stood in front of the drawers, thinking about what I should wear. I decided on a white dress with black sandals. I braided my hair in a french braid, but it didn’t make me anymore beautiful. I didn’t put an ounce of make up on. It magically had the talent to make me uglier. Like a transvestite Barbie.

6:45.

Damn.

I grabbed some crackers and ran down the stairs, closing the door behind me. I waited for the elevator but it didn’t came. I chose the stairs and ran down them, winding up in the streets. I picked up pace, and began to Power Walk.

ImageImageImage

It was kind of hot outside, and I could feel myself starting to sweat already. I began running, and soon enough, I could see Iris Residence in the distance. I walked a bit and reached big, tall gates. They were black and they seemed like the fairytale ones, braided beautifully.

“State your business, miss.” A guard said and I nodded my head. I tried catching my breath and he waited patiently.

“I have an interview for a job. A maid.” I answered, still catching my breath. He nodded gravely, and the gates opened automatically. I stared a bit at that, but the man coughed and I remembered my business here. I laughed a bit and ran all the way to the house. On the big steps, there was a small maid waiting for me. She was old and had a nice smile on her face.

“Hello, Olive.”

“Good day.” I replied awkwardly, not knowing her name. She bid me to climb the stairs, not leaving me any time to marvel at the size and beauty of the mansion.

“I’m Edith. I’ll assist to your interview. Master insists on handpicking the staff.” She explained and I nodded my head. It seems only normal. If someone would be working inside my house, I’d like meeting them before they hire him or her as well.

She led me in a huge room, filled with expensive furnishing, carpets and artwork. There was a crystal chandelier hanging on the ceiling, above the huge table. The chairs had tapestry, silk from what I could guess. She led me to the farthest chair and she went on the opposite side, on the right side of the table, leaving the chair directly in front of me empty.

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes and my thoughts started eating away at my courage. Suddenly, I wasn’t so sure I could handle the interview.

This house is freaking enormous! It’ll take my whole life to clean this. Once!

Abruptly, the white doors opened, in coming a man dressed in a white shirt with short sleeves, dark jeans, suit shoes and long jacket. He sat down and Edith went and took his jacket and hanged it up.

“I’ll handle this, Edith. You go take a break.” He said, in a suave voice. He had dimples, and when he was talking they were more pronounced. His hair was going every way, making it kinda slicked back, but without the gel, if you get what I mean. His blue eyes were shown off by the long black lashes he had and his brunette hair.

His lips were somewhat full, and his teeth were impeccable.

I shrank back a little bit and Edith smiled at me pitifully. She nodded her head and left with a “Thank you, Master Denvers.” He put his chin between his fingers and opened a folder.

That’s gotta be mine. Wow, they’re taking the whole ‘background checks’ thing seriously.

I smiled nervously and began to fumble in my seat. He did nothing to acknowledge my presence and I thought that maybe that was a bad sign. He looked inside of it and didn’t show any kind of feeling.

Hey, if he didn’t like me, he’d show it, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
"While our bloods still young. It's so young, it runs"
- The Temper Trap

Yet another great band. The acoustic however, is not so cool. My opinion!