Glitter in the air

See

He put the folder on the table and looked up at me, piercing me with his gaze, holding me in place. He grabbed the folder again, and stopped at a certain page.

”Your parents are dead.” He stated in a silky voice and looked up again. I nodded my head stupidly and he looked at that page again.

“Your sister is married.” I nodded again. “You lived with her.” I decided to reply with an actual answer. Besides, he made me seem like a loser with the way he was pointing out the things in my life.

“Well, yes. My mother is dead and my father is dead too, I suppose. My sister is happily married and has the perfect family.” I replied in a venomous voice, stressing the word ‘perfect’. It was tiring to know people are judging me based on my sister.

“You don’t go to college.” He finished in the same collected voice. I shook my head and he interestingly propped his chin in his palm. I sighed and spoke up.

“I don’t think it’s necessary. A job behind a desk or somewhere else is not what I see myself doing.” I replied in a serious voice and he raised his eyebrows in interest.

“Oh? What do you see yourself doing?” He replied in an amused voice.

“Being happy. And cleaning your house, sir. Being happy and cleaning your house.” I replied sarcastically and he stood still. A small smirk came on his face, but his dimples made it seem like an actual smile. His eyes showed the true extent of his feelings.

“Attitude. I like that.” He said and kept on with the questions. “Age?”

“Nineteen.” I replied and he nodded his head. He turned the page and silence fell upon us again.

“Why do you want this?” He concluded closing the file. He rubbed his eyes and looked at me again. “You seemed to be doing fine until now.”

I smiled and looked at the side.

“Am I wrong?” I heard his voice say and I looked back at him.

“Sir, with all due respect, I do not intend to live with my sister all my life. I love her and she’s family but it’s too much. This is all I’ll say on this matter.” I said and looked at him. He was serious and he stood up from the table.

“You start today until 11. Tomorrow you’ll start from 6 AM until 11 PM and that’s how it’s going to be everyday.” He finished and he turned around and exited the room.

Um. Directions, anyone? I’m kind of freaking new.

“Congratulations, honey! I knew he’d hire you! You seem like a nice girl.” Edith said, coming out of nowhere. I jumped up but smiled at her.

“Thank you, Edith.” I said nicely and she took my hand, explaining the plans of the whole house. I nodded from time to time and she assured me it’s much more easier than it looks. I frowned, unsure of myself.

“Here, it’s your uniform.” Edith said, handing me a black dress with white collar, a white headband and black flats.

“Thanks. Now, who’s Mr. Denvers?” I asked and she got a mischievous smile on her face. She grabbed my hand and led me to the kitchen. We sat down at a table and she started explaining.

“First things first. You may refer to him as Master Denvers. Always. Secondly, Master values silence and efficiency, so try to do as good of a job as quietly as possible. After that, try to respect him as much as possible. He’s very tired when he comes home.”

“Tired? He looks young!” I protested. She shook her head and talked more.

“Actually, he’s 24. He’s the President and his parents were founders of Denvers Communications. He has an insane amount of work everyday, and he does an excellent job at making more money and more costumers as days go by.” Edith explained calmly, in a hushed voice.

“He has Denvers Communications? You mean the Denvers Communications? The biggest communications company in this country?” I asked, and I could feel my eyes widening more and more. Edith nodded her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
"I missed the first train stood out in the rain all day. "
- Esmee Denters

Good song. Hope she gets somewhere high.