One Hundred Little Things

Young Love

Katie's POV
_____________

After an hour or two of cheating the guys to their breaking point I was beginning to grow quite fed up with the whole thing. Not just the fact that they had yet to realize the Monopoly was played exactly the same in Italy, but also just sitting there pretending. Pretending that nothing was wrong, that I had no emotions or illness, that he had no feelings for me (which was extremely hard considering the fact that his hand would accidentally wander over and rest on my thigh). Nevertheless I sat there, bored out of my mind until I heard the door begin to rasp open. Kelsey's pale, thin face poked out from behind the door.

"Katie, would you mind coming here for a sec?" she asked shyly. I smiled and head towards our room as Patrick slipped back into his.

"Help him look pretty for his date, you seemed to be the best groomed one here," I teased Pete on my way out the door.

"Well thanks I guess," he smiled.

Surprisingly, I smiled back. He seemed to be just as shocked as I was, but I couldn't help it. There was something about him and his smile, it made him seem so naïve, like he still wondered how the lady at the magic show was sawed in half. Before, I had always been content to tell the kid the there was a compartment in the hat where the white rabbit hid, so it was really in the hat the whole time, and just kill the innocence, but something was different and for now, I was just happy to let him believe it was magic. I could almost feel myself changing inside and I wasn't too sure if I liked it or not.

"What did you two lovers talk about?" I inquired curiously, pouncing on the springy mattress as she shut the door behind her.

"Well, first I was all like 'you know we don't have to go if you don't want to, we could stay in and do something' the he was all like "no I want to go with you' and the I was all like 'ok it's a date- I mean not really- I mean it'd be cool if it was a date but I'm not forcing you to do anything' and then he kissed me and was all like 'it's a date'," she repeated so quickly it made my head spin.

"Aww, look how excited you are," I said, half expecting one of those, fake, girly, teenie, squealing, jumping up and down moments. Kelsey nodded vigorously instead.

"I have nothing to wear! No shoes, no clothes, I have never really worn make up a day in my life…KAYYYYEEEEE HELP!" she whimpered.

"Alright, calm down, I'll think of something," I laughed.

She nodded again and followed me to my closet. All my shoes were way too big for her small feet, nothing could be done about that, but I pulled out an n old black dress of mine that was slightly tight on me and directed Kelsey to put it on over her clothes. It fit her close to perfect around, but still dragged to the floor. Kelsey looked up at me, desperate and panicked. I simple smiled and headed for the phone.

"D'abitudini casalinghe per favore…Caio mi chiamo Catherine dentro stanza cento ventitre. Ero curioso se c'era un po' di chi potere aiuto mi con po' cucire e in oggetto ritrovato un paio da taglia cinque con i tacchi alti scarpas…. Grazie mille, arrivederci," I hung up the phone and turned to a dumbfounded Kelsey.

"Exact words please," she asked.

"I said 'House-keeping please…Hello my name is Catherine in room one twenty-three. I was curious if there was some one who could help me with a bit of sewing and in finding a size three shoe…. Thank you very much, bye," I repeated in English. She still appeared lost, but I told her to just wait and sure enough it wasn't long before a small Italian woman was at our door, sewing kit in hand.

I quickly explained to her our situation in Italian. Kelsey stood there nodding as if she understood. When I was done explaining everything she turned to Kelsey and spoke the only words she seemed to know in English.

"Ah, young love."

With that she went to work, not saying another word. I sighed and flopped down on the couch, I really wasn't feeling well. I thought I might rest my eyes but I was soon fast asleep, only to be awakened by Kelsey's squeal. I opened my eyes and she was jumping up and down in front of the mirror. The dress had been cut to make a well fitted spaghetti strap top, the bottom was cut and layered in to a black ruffle skirt with a red ribbon sewn around the waist.

"Katie! How do you say 'thank you'?" she asked happily.

"Grazie mille," I groaned sleepily. Kelsey thanked the small elderly woman and she headed for the door.

"Lei faccia un sorprendente incarico, grazie infinite," said offering her some money. She politely refused, but I slipped a twenty into her back pocket on her way out. I couldn't let her walk out empty handed.

The pumps were higher than expected, so I took a few minutes after helping her with her hair and make up to make sure Kelsey could manage on two feet. After all, she wasn't quite used to the altitude, but then again, you could give me a lifetime and I still wouldn’t be able to teach her how to walk in heels. There was soon a knock at the door. Kelsey's eyes looked as though they grew as big as her head.

"Nope, I'm done," she cried, suddenly jumping in and hiding in the closet. Without a word I pulled her out and thrust her in to the hallway. I had just barely shut the door when all three of the guys came storming in.

"What did we miss?" Pete interrogated, squinting into the peep hole. I didn't even get the chance to answer.

"What are they doing now?" Joe added. I was still trying to push past them all and look through.

"Just standing there," Pete answered. I was beginning to grow frustrated

"Oh my god! Is she topless?" I yelled. The three of them suddenly forgot about their two friends and rushed to the window. I giggled and skipped up to the door. It took them a bit to realize my plan.

"Give us the play-by-play," Andy told me.

"Well their still just standing there. God damn it, make a move! Oh, he bumped into her, where the hell are his glasses!" I said.

"You told me to help him look pretty," Pete shrugged.

"Yeah, not make him blind. Oh wait, Kelsey laughing, she's going…where the hell did she go!? Oh wait she's back, what does she have in her hand… awww it's his hat and glasses! And awww…."

"What?! What?!" Pete shouted eagerly.

"Will you calm down?!" I warned, causing a big shoving frenzy. Without warning, some one pushed down on the handle, some one else pushed on the door, and we all wound up in a dog pile at their feet, me at the bottom of it all. They both stared down at us, horrified.

"Yea, we're just gonna get going now," I said. We all headed back inside and when we we're sure they were gone, began to laugh hysterically. This was bound to be one fun night.