One Hundred Little Things

Fate's Chance

Patrick's POV
__________________

Sunlight streamed in through the window and on to my pale skin. I blinked a few times, just beginning to remember where I was. I looked down at Kelsey. She was still fast asleep. I lifted my hand to run my fingers through her hair, but stopped myself. She was sixteen, I was twenty. It just couldn't happen. I exhaled deeply and looked over at Pete and Katie. Her head was nuzzled in to his chest. Pete's arm rested around her waist. Did he have any idea what he was doing?! I gently shook Kelsey awake. Her huge eyes slowly opened.

"Hey I need to talk to Pete for a little bit, okay?" I whispered soothingly.

She groaned and hugged my arm.

"Don't go, I'll miss my own comfy pillow," she cried.

"I'll only be a minute," I cooed.

I got up and stepped across the aisle.

"Wakey, wakey love birds," I said just below a yell.

Katie jumped and pushed away from Pete. He smiled.

"Mind if I sit here for a little while?" I asked.

Katie nodded and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She picked up her neon green laptop and slid into the seat next to Kelsey.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I growled angrily.

He grinned maliciously.

"It's not illegal, Katie is going on nineteen!" he replied excitedly.

I sighed and looked at Kelsey.

"Lucky you," I mumbled.

"Relax, Kelsey is eighteen," he laughed.

My eyes lit up.

"You sure," a questioned.

"Positive, you should go for it," he assured and rested a hand on my shoulder.

"How come you make that sound dirty?" I grumbled.

He lifted his brow.

"Just be nice to this one. Okay Pete," I asked he nodded.

"You have nothing to worry about," he said quite unconvincingly.

"Yeah right, just be careful. I don't want you to mess this up for the both of us."

I turned and watched the two girls. They were huddled over the computer. Kelsey carefully editing what was on the screen. How was it that fate had thrown this chance my way?