One Hundred Little Things

Salone Tatuaggi

Katie's POV
____________

We arrived at Casa De Rosaria precisely on time. I sauntered up to the front desk and smiled at the clerk.

"Prenotazione per Danisi," I spoke in a flawless Italian accent.

The desk attendant laughed, showing dazzling white teeth.

"You American, no?" he asked in broken English.

I smiled sheepishly.

"Si Signore," I replied.

He beamed in return and quickly turned back to his computer where he promptly found our room assignments.

"Signorina Catherine Danisi, cento ventiquattro e cento ventitre per la bella signoras," he told me. Everyone else was completely lost.

I giggled.

"Grazie infinite," I retorted as I acquired the room key from him.

The man nodded and went back to work. As I walked away I was swarmed by a sea of curious friends.

"What did he say?" Kelsey question.

"His exact words were, ' Miss Catherine Danisi, room 124 and 123 for the beautiful ladies," I stated.

"Well he was quite flirtatious," Pete acknowledged, eyeballing the man behind the counter.

"Get used to it, so is every other guy in Italy between the ages of three and dead," I added sarcastically.

The rooms were absolutely amazing! They were an ocean's spray blue with white trim and billowing white curtains over the sliding glass door that lead to the porch over looking the ocean. Inhaling deeply, I brought the cool ocean breeze in to my lungs.

"I'm gonna scope this place out. Anyone wanna come?" I asked.

No one seemed to keen on the idea.

"I'll go," Pete grinned.

I rolled my eyes and shrugged. It was better then going alone I supposed. We stepped of the porch and on to a large flat veranda surrounded by beach and ocean. An awkward silence loomed between us.

"So why not?" he questioned out of the blue.

"Because," I vaguely informed.

"Because of the boyfriend," he sighed.

I laughed little.

"Then what's the problem?" he complained.

I opened my mouth to say something, but was cut off.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but to notice your beauty from across the room. I am Paolo," said a man from behind.

I turned t see a tall (aka my sized) tan Italian boy around our age with gorgeous olive green eyes.

"Hello, I'm Katie and this is Pete. We are just visiting from the U.S." I stated, firmly shaking his hand.

Paolo smiled sweetly.

"Well, please let me know if I do anything for you during your stay," he offered.

I smirked.

"Well, there is something. Wait right here," I told him as I pulled a very confused Pete behind me a back to the room.

"Kelsey, a prime suspect for number eight has been spotted," I shouted, full of excitement.

She pulled the list from her pocket and skimmed it for number eight. As soon as she found it her eyes lit up and we both sped out the door followed by four extremely confused room mates. When we got to the patio the gang and I ran up to Paolo.

"Dove sta lo piĆ¹ vicino salone tatuaggi?" I asked flirtatiously, still keeping the guys in the dark.

"Follow me," he said grinning widely.

Kelsey and I nodded and we all went to follow him. Another thing about to be crossed of that list!