Status: Active

Breathe Easy the Doctors Are About to Arrive

chapter 30

I woke up to the doorbell ringing down stairs. I opened my eyes, and raised my head above the bundled blankets, and a sleeping Max. It just kept ringing, no one answered it. I looked around the room, as a stray strand of hair fell off of my head onto my shoulder, tickling it slightly. I brushed it behind my ear, and I wrapped my naked body up in the blankets like a dress. I stared straight ahead at the wall, it kept ringing. Max didn’t wake up, and I stared at him for a couple of seconds. I sat all the way up, and climbed down off of the edge of the bed. I walked through the bedroom door, and down the stairs. I mumbled obscenities at whomever it was ringing the bell.

“What the fuck!” I shrieked, looking around the room. No one was there, and the car keys were off of the hook, only meaning that Bryan and Jessi weren’t home. I looked at the clock; it was only 2 in the afternoon. “This better be important,” I grumbled under my breath, rubbing my eyes and walking ahead to the door. I flung the door open, clasping my hand to the blankets so my body wouldn’t be shown to the outside world. “Yes?” I growled, closing my eyes to shield them from the sun. The person coughed, and didn’t answer me. “YES?!” I screamed at them, flailing my free arm and shielding my eyes from the sunlight with that hand, so I could see who it was. The person started laughing, and my eyes became glued on them once I caught sight of who it was.

“Randi,” he nodded at me casually, like nothing was bothering him about seeing me.
It was Ronnie. My slinky pale arm fell limp to my side, and I looked even deader with the sunlight bouncing off of me. Ronnie’s eyes were glued on my bare shoulders and chest, and he clicked his tongue in his mouth. “Should I come back at a better time?” he practically whispered. My eyes wouldn’t blink, no matter how hard I tried or how much they needed to.

“Max!” I screamed, so loud that Ronnie covered his ears and cringed, only to look at me like I was crazy.

“WHAT!!” he screamed back, like I startled him.

“Come here!” I yelled, a little less high pitched this time. I stared at Ronnie, and blinked finally, chewing on the inside of my lip. I scanned my eyes all over his face, not saying a word. I didn’t know how to react to opening the door to him standing there, while I was stark naked underneath these blankets that showed off my legs and my shoulders greatly. Max came dashing down the stairs looking all around frantically like he was afraid I was dying or something. “Ronnie,” I said, coughing after I said his name and choking on a burning feeling in my throat. Max was only in his boxers, and I smirked at it when I turned to go upstairs and get dressed.

“Looks like you got a better welcome home present than I did,” Ronnie retorted, laughing his stupid laugh. Max laughed too and stepped outside with him, shutting the door behind him as well. I flailed my arms wildly at the door, frustrated that he just left me in the house like so. I sighed, and just let the blanket drop to my feet. I clenched my fists and stared at the door for a minute, trying to listen to what they were saying. The door flung open really fast after a couple of seconds and Max’s eyes got wider than I have ever seen them. The door closed as fast as it had opened, and Ronnie busted out laughing behind it. I smacked my hand to my forehead as my cheeks burned with embarrassment and I grabbed the blanket, not sure what to think about what just happened; any of it. I put the blankets in my arms, and ran up the stairs so they wouldn’t see me again.

I pushed the embarrassment out of my mind and focused on how I should act to this, as I pulled my jeans on over my thighs, which I now noticed were very cold. I slipped my bra and one of Max’s shirts on, because I was too lazy to fish for my own. It was black, and hung off of my chest like usual. I looked up at the bedroom door and took a deep breath in, grabbing my cigarettes off of the table by the bed and forcing myself forward. I expected them to still be outside, which was why I had shoes on, but they were sitting at the kitchen table. Ronnie was smoking, and Max was still in his boxers. I inched over to the table and when I got just close enough to be touched, Max stuck his hand out for me. He looked up at me with soft eyes and I didn’t get what he wanted me to do, so I just grabbed his hand and obliged as he pulled me onto his lap lazily. I made myself comfortable and crossed my feet against the leg of the table. Max wrapped his arms around my waist tightly, almost knocking the breath out of me.

“Max-” I breathed, placing my hands on his and heaving over the table.

“Sorry,” he mumbled in my ear, and he laughed right into it. I giggled and pressed the side of my face against my shoulder. I looked at Ronnie and he was looking at us awkwardly, just staring at us. I stiffened up and pulled a cigarette out of my pack and felt around for a lighter in my pocket. “What’s wrong?” Max asked me, watching me look all around and put my hands all over me and his thighs.

“Need a lighter?” Ronnie asked, smirking at my facial expression as my head shot up and I ignored Max. My eyes shifted to both sides of the room.

“Uh-yeah…I do,” I said, swallowing the block of cement in my throat and grabbing the lighter out of Ronnie’s fingers. He just held it out for me, boring his eyes into mine like he was trying to prove to me he wasn’t afraid. But what would he have to be afraid of? I took the lighter and lit my cigarette, pulling it out of my mouth and accidentally blowing smoke right in Max’s face. “Oh-sorry,” I said, putting my cigarette to the side and slowly leaning in to kiss him. We were practically ignoring Ronnie, and I could feel the annoyance coming off of him behind me. Max didn’t pay any attention to it, however, and took the cigarette out of my fingers slowly and carefully as to not burn me. I watched him as he took it into his mouth just like I had and puffed on it, making O’s of smoke like it came natural to him.

“How can you do that? I’ve been trying this whole time, since I started!” I said, swatting his chest in excitement. He laughed at me and gave me the cigarette back.

“It’s real fucking easy, anybody who’s somebody can make smoke O’s,” Ronnie sneered smartly, laughing at his own joke. I rolled my eyes and rested my head against Max’s chest.“You know what, I think we should go somewhere,” Ronnie piped up after a couple of seconds of awkward silence. I let the thoughts of going somewhere with him register in my mind. Then I remembered Max would be right there the whole time. I looked at Max. He was smiling, and looked like he definitely wanted to hang out with Ronnie somewhere out of rehab. “Come on dude, you promised we’d hang after we got out,” Ronnie said, putting his cigarette out and nodding his head after every word he said. I puffed on mine, and Max looked at me. I shuffled off of his lap and he wrapped his fingers around my arm gently like he wanted me to stay there, but just simply let go after a couple of seconds. I sat in the empty chair and crossed my legs.

“Well if Randi wants to come….I’m not leaving her here by herself,” Max said, looking me in the eyes carefully. I put two of my fingers on either side of my cigarette and looked up at Ronnie.

“Of course she wants to come; we’ll go to her favorite place!” Ronnie said, smiling with his whole mouth.I smiled too, instantly, because I remembered.

“I don’t think Max will like it there,” I said, looking at Max and smiling. He was frowning, because he didn’t know where my favorite place was and Ronnie did. I felt bad, so I got up and sat back down on his lap.

“Of course he will, believe me. Dude, you’ll like it,” Ronnie said, sucking in his lower lip and looking at the both of us.

“Alright, I’ll go where ever as long as you two can stop making each other jealous,” I said, blowing smoke out of my mouth and hanging my left leg off of Max’s lap. Ronnie laughed, and Max glared at him. I wondered why Max wanted to hang out with him so badly, but I guess a woman was one who didn’t understand the bond between two men. I got up and turned to go upstairs.

“Where are you going?” Ronnie said, getting up and walking after me. I looked up at him, and felt awkward for doing it right after.

“I’m going to put my face on, why?” I asked, crossing my arms. Max came walking in and he stared at the two of us while we talked.

“I fucking knew it, and no you’re not,” Ronnie said, grabbing me by the arm and dragging me out the door. Max charged after him and Ronnie let go of me after we were all three out of the house and the door was locked.

“Ronnie! What the hell, seriously? You and I both know I look like complete fucking shit,” I griped, “And you’re giving my boyfriend anxiety attacks, so stop,” I told him, yanking my arm away from him and straightening my shirt out.

“Max, tell her she looks fine,” Ronnie said.

“You look beautiful,” Max said, taking my hand and kissing it. I laughed at his efforts.
Ronnie smiled, making a gagging noise, and walked over towards me and Max like he was marching. Ronnie was getting hyper, and when Ronnie got hyper, it was either fun or trouble. I sighed at the thought.

“Sorry about grabbing her dude, but trust me, you have to learn to do that with her,” Ronnie said, “Or she’ll be in there for two days,” he finished, looking at me when he said the last two words. I rolled my eyes and looked at my reflection in the puddle of water at the end of the drive way. My hair was sticking up, and my makeup was smeared everywhere.

“Gee Ronnie, now people are going to think I’m a fucking prostitute, thanks,” I growled, walking forward angrily.

“Hey, that’s not my fault. If you two wouldn’t fuck like llamas, then you wouldn’t have makeup all over your face,” Ronnie said.

“I’m not a llama, Ronnie,” I argued.

“Yes you are,” Ronnie argued back.

“I AM NOT!” I screeched.

“Shut the fuck up and walk, you are a llama if I say you are a llama,” Ronnie said, laughing and walking a head of me and Max now. Max was laughing at us, and that was a first.

“Where the fuck are we going anyway?” Max wondered aloud after we had been walking for a few minutes, flipping his hair out of his face.

“It’s just around this corner,” Ronnie answered him, and I nodded. We walked between the two buildings and my eyes lit up once I saw the area. It hadn’t changed one bit. No property had been built on it and I was glad. Chains and fences and stray tires stuck up out of the dry dirt every where. Graffiti was written all over the walls on each side. Hearts, numbers, phrases, and random things every where. I grabbed Max’s hand and walked farther into the lot.

“Ronnie!” I gasped. “Some of our shit is still here!” I said, covering my mouth. There were two seats that Ronnie took out of his old car and put in here, so we could sit on them when we came.

“No fucking way, man!” Ronnie said, sprinting to us and realizing they were there as well.

“I didn’t think they’d even be here for a week after we brought them here,” I said, plopping down in one and watching the dust spray up from underneath me.
I got up right after, and let Max sit down. I curled up into his lap, and watched Ronnie as he sat in the one next to us.

“We should have brought beers with us or something,” Ronnie said. Max laughed, and I thought about it for a second. The craving came up through my throat, and I had to swallow multiple times to get it to go down.

“We should go to a liquor store after this,” I said, giving into it and laying my head against Max’s shoulder.

“No,” Max said.

“Why?” Ronnie asked, looking at Max like he was insane.

“Because every time you have alcohol you get really sick,” Max said to me, answering both mine and Ronnie’s questions, although mine was more so in my head.I pouted against his chest, and he cradled my chin in his hand, making me face him and look up at him. He stared into my eyes for a long time, and I just rested my chin in his hand. He finally pecked me on the lips, and I crossed my legs over him, looking out at the street. “What happens if someone walks past here, wouldn’t that be fucking weird to them?” Max asked, laughing.

“Do you honestly care, Max?” Ronnie retorted, smirking looking up at the sky. Max laughed some more and slipped his hand up the back of my shirt. I smiled up at him and Ronnie started talking about random things, rambling on and on while Max and I just listened. We commented every now and again, and laughed a lot, but Ronnie did most of the talking, and he liked it that way.

The sun was almost in setting position, and I knew Bryan and Jessi were probably shitting their pants. I didn’t think twice about them before we left. Although I didn’t get to think twice about anything, from being dragged out by Ronnie himself.

“Fuck me in the ass,” Ronnie mumbled, sitting forward and listening intently to something from the street.

“What?” I asked, but no sooner had I asked did I hear what Ronnie was mumbling about.
I heard a voice, a familiar voice that I wished I could just forget. It was Josh’s voice. Max was too relaxed for this situation, his head back against the seat and just looking back and forth between me and Ronnie while we exchanged looks.

“Wait, how do you know? “ I asked, covering my mouth as soon as I did it.

“What?” Max asked, furrowing his brow. I panicked.

“It’s nothing, I promise,” I said, getting up off of Max’s lap and pacing in front of them.

“YOU CALL THAT NOTHING?!” Ronnie yelped, staring at me like he was astounded at what I had said.

“Ronnie,” I growled, as Max stood up too, demanding answers.

“Would someone please fucking enlighten me?” Max asked, getting annoyed at the whole ordeal.

“Ronnie, how did you find out?” I ordered, walking over to him and getting in his face.

“You think I’m not friends with one of those scumbags?…and that they don‘t brag about what girls they fuck, or what girls their friends fuck?” Ronnie smirked, sitting back in his chair and looking beside me to see if Josh was in front of the lot yet.

“WHAT’S GOING ON!?” Max screamed. I flinched at the loudness of Max’s voice, and cupped my hand over my face. My day was ruined, I already knew it.

“Oh nothing, nothing at all, the faggot coming up here in a second just raped her and put bruises all over her, you know, nothing serious” Ronnie said, looking at me in mockery.

“Ronnie,” I growled again, glaring daggers at him.

“What?! “ he screamed,

“Why don’t you want him to know?” he asked me. We were all getting louder by the second, and I just wanted to go back to Bryan’s to avoid anything happening. I couldn’t deal with it. Max’s face got red, and I could see his jaws grinding together through his cheeks.

“When?” he growled, and the Max I knew was already gone, replaced by anger and rage.

“Ronnie I swear to God,” I said through grinding my teeth and glaring right through him.

“Oh just before you went into rehab bro,” he said, standing up and stretching.

“RONNIE FUCKING RADKE!” I roared, pushing him as hard as I could and making him stumble backward.

“What?!” he said. Max’s face turned even redder, and his chest was rising and falling abnormally. He wouldn’t talk to me. He just stared at me, with wide eyes. I never seen him that mad before, and it freaked me out.

“Max, please, PLEASE don’t do anything!” I begged, my voice trembling. He just stood there, looking at the street every now and again. I thought fast, and I grabbed Max’s hand, dashing out of their while we could. I had to drag him, and I had to drag him quick. Ronnie ran after me, and Josh and his group of friends were a little bit behind us, horsing around and yelling like always.

“Come on Max, let’s just go kill them, we can take em dude,” Ronnie urged.

“Ronnie shut the fuck up and go home,” I growled, breaking into almost a run as I heard Josh’s friend talking more obnoxiously.

“Hey Max, did Randi say hi to you like I told her to when we last fucked? I mean I pulled her pants up for her and every thing, I’d think she’d at least do that for me.“ Josh’s friends started laughing, and I closed my eyes. I looked back at Josh, seeing his stupid ignorant smile across his face, and I saw Max turn to him too. Max stayed in his spot though, and started yelling.

“You’re all fucking lucky I don’t come over there and kill every single one of you with my bare fucking hands,” Max roared, and he sounded like a demon. I cursed my life and my legs started shaking. Max let go of my hand.

“Max come on, please,” I begged softly.

“Shh,” he snapped at me.

“I wish one of you sorry mother fuckers would come here and start your shit with me, because we can play if you want to play, “he growled. He grabbed my hand again and started walking, almost making me fall over. Ronnie was laughing hysterically and walking beside us.

“Ronnie I hate you,” I grumbled, pulling at my hair on either side of my face nervously.

“No you don’t,” he laughed. “Max can take them, I want to see him kick their asses,” Ronnie chuckled.

“WELL I DON’T!” I screamed.

“Come on Green, let’s do it then. Let’s play,” Josh said, getting a bit more serious. Ronnie turned in his tracks and looked back at them.

“Only if I can play too!” Ronnie said, putting his hands on his hips. Ronnie never took anything seriously, and I cursed him for it. Josh ignored Ronnie, and I finally stepped forward.

“Josh, go home, you’re all being stupid and immature,” I said, looking at all of them, even Max.

“HE FUCKING RAPED YOU, RANDI! AND YOU’RE NOT GOING TO LET ME DO ANYTHING TO HIM, AND YOU EXPECT ME TO NOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING?!“ Max bellowed.

“Get em Max,” Ronnie said, laughing some more.

“Ronnie I’m going to chop your dick off, and then I’m going to claw your eyes out if you don’t shut the fuck up,” I said, and he covered his mouth to keep from laughing.

“Baby, I promise it’s nothing. Please, let’s just go home,” I told him, setting my hands on his chest. Max kept his jaws and fists clenched, and his eyes were almost popping out from anger. “Please, for me?” I begged desperately. Max sighed, and relaxed his arms.

“If I ever see one of you again, you better have a shovel or a sludge hammer, or maybe even a fucking gun,” I cringed at his words, “Because I’m going to fucking kill you, and you’re going to need more than your hands,” Max growled, turning and power walking in the direction we were walking in before. Ronnie groaned and sprinted to keep up. Josh and his friends said things to our back, yelled, laughed, even threw things at us until they finally knew that we weren‘t going to do or say anything else. Ronnie shut his mouth finally, and Max and I just walked in silence.

“Max?…” I trailed off, after Josh and his friends were finally lost.

“What?” he snapped, staring ahead and grinding his teeth.

“You’re not mad at me are you?” I asked him, looking down at the ground. He ignored me.

“Max,” I whined.

“We’ll talk when we get home,” he snapped, and Ronnie cringed at the tone of voice he used. I looked up at Ronnie, wanting to strangle him, and he just smirked at me.

“You’re such a fucking asshole,” I said to him.

“For what?” Ronnie retorted, “Wanting someone who did a shitty thing to you dead?” he said, cocking his head to the side. I huffed out a breath and just concentrated on the ground. I tried to figure out why I felt bad in this situation. I saw a sewage drain and I silently wished I would just fall into it to avoid all of this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here's another update :) I got two comments out of five that I asked for....Come on guys it's not hard to comment :D I'm excited to post my chapters but I wanna see how many people actually want them. And not the usual three people that are awsome by the way for commenting ^_^