Adolescence

Dance Hall Drug

Billie looked at me disappointedly because he couldn't do anything about it and sighed. "Let's go," he said.

"Where?"

"Just come on, we're going to get Amber." We got in his car and pulled up to the school, seeing Amber walking like a prostitute approaching the school.

"Amber, come in, get in!" I yelled. She shrugged and climbed into the back seat, it felt like home to her. Billie drove down the street and turned left then right then left again. We got out of the car and went inside the small house.

"Hey Mike," Billie said walking into a cloud of smoke. "I think you remember Jessica and Amber."

"Kind of," the guy who I suspected to be Mike said. "I think they remember John." Amber's face lit up as she walked over to him. "Well," Mike said. "Let's get this partay started!" Beer, some more beer, and a lot more beer. Oh and some joints too. I turned on the stereo and rocked out to Van Halen. I felt I was about to vomit when I grasped my head and crouched to the floor. Through the river of smoke, I could see Amber making out with John. What a whore. I could also see Billie and Mike smoking some joints. I went over and sat by Billie.

"Hey," he said.

"Hi," I said unsteadily. He passed me his joint and I inhaled deeply.

"Whoa, take it easy..." Billie said. I started laughing and fell against his shoulder and he shifted.

"Here," I said and thrusted the beer bottle I had been holding into his face. Billie slowly took it and took a drink. "Man I love that you took me here," I said looking up at him.

"You're welcome," he said and took another swig. I looked into his eyes and he looked back into mine. He came in fast for a kiss and I pulled away after a second and looked straight ahead. "Sorry," he started. "I thought it was just in the moment..." he babbled on and on.

"It's okay, it's okay," I interrupted. I really wasn't fine with him kissing me. After all, I had just met him. Now everything is going to be awkward between us the next time we see each other. Would there even be another time? I don't know. All I know is that I had to vomit. I got up from the ground quickly and ran into the bathroom. Once again, I looked into the mirror and saw my pale face. I reached out to touch my face in the mirror. My hand was shaking from the heroin I had shot earlier. I tried to shake it away and looked at them again. Still shaking. I felt my jaw tremble and I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. What is happening to me? I held my arms around myself and leaned against the door. Suddenly, there was a loud bang on the wall and I heard Amber giggling, followed by a fumble to open the door that was next to the bathroom. What a whore. Then the usual moan, moan; groan, groan; John, John started. I took out a cigarette and lit it up, not wanting to feel guilty anymore. I came out of the bathroom and sat where Amber and John were having mouth sex. "Mike..." I said and he looked at me.

"Yeah?"

"Do you have any...cocaine?" He scratched his head as if to think.

"Uh yeah I think I do. Why do you want some?" I nodded my head and Billie had lit up another joint and laughed at the TV. The TV wasn't even on. And yep, I snorted.

"Billie, can you sit with me?" He stopped peeing in a plant and jerked around.

"Uh sure," he said high-pitched. He sat down and took the tray away for a second and snorted a little. "Did you wanna talk?" he asked, then wiggled his nose.

"Well I did, then I thought if that we're both high and drunk, this isn't the best time to talk." I sunk down in my seat.

"That makes a lot of sense, I guess. I wouldn't really know right now. Say, if we are both high and drunk, what happens to us if we...you know..."

I laughed and looked at him. "Never gonna happen," I said. "Never. N-E-V-E-R."