Status: In the works.

I've Seen Your Lightsaber

New Girlfriend

Lance had a girlfriend. Marissa laughed at first and asked, “No seriously, what’s up?”

“I’m serious, I’m dating Cass and she’s cooking dinner for us tonight.”

Marissa gawked at him, “Cassandra? The crazy one that thinks she’s a cannibal?”

Cassandra Depardieu was a fucking freak, complete weirdo, everyone swears she’s off her rocker. Regina Hightower, the girl that was in an asylum for three years even says so. The girl is in love with cannibals. Odd? Extremely. She doesn’t give a shit about anything or anyone either. Marissa has seen her light up a cigarette in class and put it out on her textbook. She wasn’t sure if she should have been in awe or acted appalled.

The girl was just plain weird, how she ended up dating Marissa’s brother, she didn’t want to know.

“Shut up, she’s amazing, and you’re going grocery shopping with her.”

She laughed again, “Sorry, but I’m not going anywhere with her.”

Cassandra dragged Marissa through the grocery store. Tonight she was going to meet the entire family and was going to cook them dinner as well, this was the first time she’d been nervous in a while. She even put a clear stud through her nose for them. Marissa had been silent the whole trip, keeping her hands tightly stuffed in her pockets, no way was she going to risk the girl trying to nibble on her fingers.

Marissa ‘accidentally’ lost herself from the girl, now the only part of her she could see of her was her bright pink hair. She’d wandered over to the bakery where a guy behind the counter stared at Marissa. He had short blond hair, tan skin, and bright blue eyes. This was Gus, short for Gustav. He was a ladies man and particularly loved the odd ones. To any normal girl he would have been gorgeous, but Marissa wasn’t every other girl. Pushing her grandma styled glasses up her nose she looked at the free cookies.

“Want one?” The baker asked. Marissa nodded her head eagerly and smiled.

All that were left were chocolate chip. Gus decided to try and be smooth, “Wow, look at all these options. It’s gonna be a tough choice.”

Marissa stared at him with a blank expression, “There’s only chocolate chip left.”

Gus cleared his throat and chuckled, “It was an attempt at humor.”

“It was a failed attempt, like trying to divide by zero.”

He laughed and handed her the cookie, “Here ya go cutie.”

She stood still for a moment, trying to register what he’d just said. Had he, an attractive male, just called her cute? Was it just a pet name, or did he really think she was good looking?

“Marissa!”

She turned her head, just in time for Cassandra to smile at her, “Ready? I got everything.”

Marissa nodded her head, finally taking a bite of her cookie. She was too shocked to say anything. She let the odd girl drag her to the check out line, but not without one last glance at Gus. He held a hint of a smirk on his face before returning back to his work.

“You alright Bambi?”

Marissa glanced at Cassandra and finished her cookie, she nodded her head, unsure of what to say. What was with all of the pet names? “Peachy keen,” she mumbled.