Status: I'm not finishing this.

Summer Wine

chapter eight

Yesterday Ville and I cleaned his apartment from top to bottom. We were so tired we slept on the clean couch. Today I'm visiting my parents for some official business.

I heard my dad's suv in the driveway. I quickly put my coat on, slipped my vans on, ran outside, and climbed into the vehicle.

"Hey!" Dad said then pulled the vehicle into reverse.

"Hi, are you and mom gonna be there?" I asked.

"Yeah, we took the day off." He grinned. His face was etched with wrinkles, he kept his brown hair shaved and his face clean shaven as well. My dad has always worn the same thing, t-shirts, jeans and sneakers.

"Good."

It was a long drive to my parents house. They lived in a blue two story home with a small garage. My dad parked in the driveway and we walked inside.

My mom was sitting on the couch watching the news. The house smelled of cucumbermelon, my mom's favorite. She looked over at me and smiled a warm smile.

"Hey baby!" She said. .

"Hey!" I said as I walked over to her and hugged her.

I sat down on the couch, then took my coat off. We talked for a while, joked about the news and she talked about business at the shop.

My mom sighed, "What did you want to ask me?"

"I'm getting Amy to bring Issac over here, and I was wondering if you would keep him until I tell Ville." I said.

She gave me a look of disbelief, "You're going to tell him?"

"Of course, it is his son after all."

"Wow, aren't you just full of surprises. You don't call us until you're on your way over here, then you tell us you had a two year relationship with our business partner's son, and then you tell us that you had a kid and he's coming to stay with us!!" She yelled, half excited, half angry.

"Well, first of all, you own a sex shop. Don't try and make me seem like a bad person for having an illegitimate son. At least I don't sell three foot long dildo's or transgender blow-up dolls!" I retaliated.

She smiled, "You're right."

"Now, will you? Because if not I'm gonna have to go back to the cabin and stock my fridge." I sighed.

"You know we will. I'll tell Kari and Anita that we have to be here for a while." She smiled warmly. My mom is bi-polar.

"Okay, will you give me a ride to the airport?"

"Didn't you ever get your license?" She asked as she got up from the couch. I picked up my coat and pulled it on.

"Yeah, but I don't have a car and I don't think it's good here."

She nodded her head then grabbed her purse off of the hook on the wall. We walked out the door and got back into the vehicle.

-----------------------------------------------

After nearly an hour of waiting their flight was announced. We stood waiting in the lobby.

"Mommy!" Issac yelled as he ran at me full-speed. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tight.

"Aw, baby." I said as I hugged him back. He's just like his father; tall. His brown hair lay in slight curls. I smoothed his hair down.

"I missed you." He whispered, he didn't want to let go.

"Issac, I want you to meet someone." I said before kissing the top of his head.

He looked up at me, "Who?"

"Issac, this is your grandma." I said as I motioned towards my mom. Her eyes lit up when he smiled bashfully at her.

"Hi, you're gonna be staying with me. I hope you like pancakes!" She said trying to make him feel at home in a place far from what he was used too.

"I do!" He replied, his favorite food was pancakes. Like his father. Ville would call me at three in the morning and ask me to come make him pancakes.

Amy walked up and patted me on the shoulder, "He was a handful. He would not hush the whole time. He talked until he fell asleep."

I laughed, "That's not like him."

She rolled her eyes, "He missed you. I did too, man I'm exhausted. He's had me running all over the place not to mention I usually don't take care of kids."

"Thank you so much."

"Sarah," My mom called, "Let's go!"

"Alright, Issac, grab my hand." I said as I held my hand out for him. He grabbed my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it just me or did the writing in that feel rushed?
Okay, so now you know what the secret was, now, tell me what you thought it was.
lol