Sequel: Roxanne
Status: Completed.

Wasting Love

Don't Know What You Got (Until It's Gone)

So then twenty minutes later after changing into a pair of short shorts and a very revealing low cut top off to Duff’s I was. On the way there, I got plenty of stares, and not the particularly nice kind either, but I ignored them. Why? Because I was going to see MY boyfriend possibly for the LAST time in a long time. From behind me someone let out a loud wolf whistle and in response to that I raised my hand above my hand and gave them the finger. Outside his house or more precise his parents house was Duff hauling boxes into his beaten up pick up truck. I didn’t know what was in any of the boxes but I did know that after all those boxes we’re packed up it was bye-bye Duff. He dropped a box the back of his truck and then turned around where he saw me. He let out a groan, and then began walking towards me, I knew why he had groaned, because he thought that Axl was going to come and because he knew that I was going to beg him and plead until he stayed.

“Rox, what are you doing here?” He hissed as he stalked towards me and then stopped, “I told you not to come.” He said gently as he saw the pain appear on my face due to his first statement.

“You should know that I don’t listen very well.” I replied and then kissed him softly on the cheek. He let out a sigh but a smile did break out across his face.

“Yeah I do know that, listen we can talk after I’m finished packing.” He said softly and then brushed a strand of hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear. His hand gently brushed across my face before he moved it.

“Fine, I’ll help.” I agreed straightaway causing another groan to escape Duff’s lips; I smirked at him while he just shook his head.

“Alright, you can carry those two boxes and that’s it, the others are too heavy for you.” He said and pointed too two boxes that were lying off in a corner, I didn’t answer instead picked one up walked over to the truck and put it in. Then I did the same with the other box and before you knew it we were both done.

“Duff do you have to go?” I asked with a groan and walked towards him, his eyes travelled over my body and he let out another groan as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Rox we’ve been through this already, at least a hundred times, I have to go.” He told me softly and then gently grabbed my arms and moved them to my side but he didn’t let go.

“Stay a little bit longer, just a day or two, please.” I begged then put my head down on his shoulder.

“Rox, if I don’t leave now chances are I’ll never leave.” He murmured to me and let go of my arms and wrapped his arms around me.

“Please Duff, please.” I pleaded then not knowing what else to do gently nibbled the base of his neck.

“Stop it.” He said firmly, of course I didn’t listen shit all to him instead I kept nibbling and sucking on his neck until moments later he pinned me up against the side of his truck. He was all over me. Actually scratch that we were all over each other, teasingly I grinded up against him, making the bump in his pants grow bigger. I let out a small moan as he slipped his tongue into my mouth and I slipped my hands into the back pocket of his jeans.

“YOU! GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY SISTER!!!” Axl roared from behind Duff. That’s when it all stopped I pulled my hands out of Duff’s back pockets and he pulled away from me.

“Oh shit.” I swore as Duff very calmly kissed my cheek. “Duff, I’m so sor-“ I started but the look on his face silenced me.

“Rox, get behind me, and stay there.” He said then turned to face Axl, and began to walk towards him. He had picked up a two by four and was holding it over his shoulder, like a baseball bat. My eyes widened with horror when I realized what he was going to do with that.

“No, no, no, no. NO.” I said loudly then ran forward to Duff, he whipped around and pulled me into his arms. “Duff, no don’t do this.” I begged but he shook his head with a somber expression on his face and then kissed my cheek.

“Rox, I have to do this, I just have to.” He told me.

“ROXANNE ROSE YOU GET YOUR FUCKING ASS OVER HERE THIS MINUTE!!!” Axl roared, I looked up at Duff’s face and he mouthed stay here to me as he unwrapped his arms from me and turned back to Axl. “You.” Axl started and waved the board at him threateningly. “How fucking dare you go near my sister, I warned you you fucker. Now you’re dead.” Axl walked towards him, at an easy pace, comfortable, like he had nothing better to do and he couldn’t wait to do this. Which knowing him he probably couldn’t wait. They walked towards each other before Duff stopped and Axl kept walking to him. I took a few steps closer to Duff.

To this day I`ll never forget what happened, Axl beat Duff with that god-damn two by four. He just kept hitting him, I was screaming for Axl to stop, like that did any good. Axl was swearing and so was Duff, I made an attempt to get to Duff but Axl stopped me, he grabbed me by the arm and then pushed me away.

“Get the fuck out of here this instant.” He snarled at me then turned back to Duff the board raised over head. I gritted my teeth in anger then shuddered in horror as he hit Duff again; he let out a groan and curled up even tighter into a ball. In a measly attempt to hide his face from the wrath of my asshole brother.

“Axl stop it god-dammit, you’re gonna fucking kill him.” I begged Axl, he turned around with a smile full of blood lust.
“Good, then maybe he’ll learn to keep his hands off.” He answered then turned back around. I rolled my eyes then took a look at Duff who was quivering on the ground then took a breath. I could not fucking believe what I was going to do, I looked around until I found a small piece of wood, but despite that it was still heavy, or at least it was for me, I picked it up and then heaved it as high as I could and hit him, my own brother in the head with it. He dropped like an egg from a nest and hit the ground with a dull thud. Please let him still be alive. I prayed then dropped the piece of wood, which narrowly missed Axl’s fat head.

“Is it safe?” A muffled voice asked me from the ground, yeah it was Duff who was still on the ground curled up in a ball, shaking.

“Yeah, but I’m not sure for how long it’ll be safe.” I answered numbly as Axl twitched his fingers and let out a groan.

“Shit, that fucking hurt, you’re brother, he got me good.” Duff murmured as he lifted up his head and slowly uncurled.

“Well you better fucking hurry and get the hell out of here before he’s get you again.” I said in a panicked voice and helped Duff up as I watched Axl’s head roll around. Duff let out a groan and slung his arm loosely around my shoulder, mostly for support while I surveyed the damages. His face didn’t look too bad, sure there was a large gash on his cheek and he had a bad nosebleed and it looked like he had a black eye. “Oh my.” I started but Duff silenced me as he put his finger over my mouth.

“Rox, I gotta go, before he.” Duff paused a moment and gestured at Axl who was now groaning quite loudly and had rolled over. “Get’s back up and kicks my ass again.” He said and kissed my cheek while I shook my head. He looked me in the eyes and shook his head gently. I let out a sigh before I answered.

“Go, now.” I said quietly and looked down at the ground then looked up at him and brushed a strand of his hair out of his face. “Go now, if you wait any longer I won’t let you go so go now with all my love.” I said as he moved his arm from around my shoulder and let out another groan.

“I love you too, and I promise someday that we’ll have everything that we ever wanted. I promise.” He replied firmly then kissed me on the lips and pulled away. “Shit,” he said as behind us came the crunching of shoes on gravel. I turned around and Axl was now standing and looking more pissed off then I had ever seen him.

“Duff, go now.” I said firmly as I began to walk towards Axl who had now picked up the same piece of wood that he had been holding earlier and was walking towards us. After a few seconds of waiting I didn’t hear anything but the crunching of gravel under Axl’s shoes, not a sound came from behind me, I let out a sigh, this was not the time to be a hero Duff, this was the time to be smart. Turning around to face him, he was just standing there watching me. “Duff, go now, if you don’t. . .” I trailed off then tried again to get my point across. “He’ll kill you if you give him a chance, but he won’t touch me, don’t give him the chance.” I said softly. Duff stared at me a moment longer before he sighed and turned around and got in his truck, I turned back around to face Axl and blinked rapidly to hold back the tears that we’re threatening to let themselves wreck havoc on my makeup and on Duff’s heart. Behind me I heard Duff’s shitty truck roar to life and then the sound of tires crunching on the road.

“Look Rox, there goes your boyfriend. Buh-bye Duff.” Axl said happily as he forced me to watch Duff’s truck fade into the distance. Anger overwhelmed me and I turned to fade Axl.

“You fucking son of a bitch. I hate you, it’s your fault he’s gone.” I screeched at him, he was still smiling and my god I hated that damn smile.

“You don’t hate me Rox, you love me, and you always will.” Axl answered with that stupid smirk on his face, the one that made me want to rip off his fucking head and throw it into a trash can were it fucking belonged. I pursed my lips for a moment thinking before I raised my hand and punched Axl in the face. He dropped like a rock.

“Fuck you Axl.” I said sourly then turned around and walked back to our house, alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter took me forever to write
I don't know why, it may be the last one for a while though.

Chapter Title
Don't Know What You've Got (Until It's Gone)
Cinderella